The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, FK1Bairn said:

Allegedly wants to try his luck in England. Doubt there will be much of a queue for a player with 3 or 4 seasons experience at Scottish League 1 level. 

Couldn’t blame him for not wanting another season of it.

f**k. f**k f**k f**k.

Starting to wish that tannoy announcement of an emergency at the start of the game had been genuine.

By the way, I know Williamson was shite but the vitriol in his direction was unacceptable tonight.

Back to square one. It felt like we’d taken a step forward this season and still think we have but the same failures and weak mentality against any half decent side has cost us again throughout the season and laid bare for all to see tonight.

Airdrie are much, much better than us and while I’m surprised at the margin of defeat in the end, I fully expected a 2 or 3-0 scudding and had no faith in McGlynn coming up with some sort of plan to get the better of them over two games.

I can’t believe I’m here calling for yet another change of manager and clear out of the team but really, that surely has to be up for discussion. McGlynn will not get us promoted - someone above said he’s yesterdays man and that is 100% true.

I genuinely hope that the BOD appreciate how the cup defeat and playoffs will highlight that the management team are not the people to take the club forward. 
The line up tonight was appallingly wrong, the early goals should have red flagged anyone with a footballing brain to change the system - what did we get - absolutely Fck all. 
The team were appalling - Kinnear get him to Fck, absolutely clueless. McKay Donaldson - shite. McCann  bullied (all teams know this) Sorry but McGinn is finished, Airdrie simply ran through. I,lll leave the rest as simply awful. 

BOD - do it

2 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

f**k. f**k f**k f**k.

Starting to wish that tannoy announcement of an emergency at the start of the game had been genuine.

By the way, I know Williamson was shite but the vitriol in his direction was unacceptable tonight.

The guys a complete wage thief.  Mind you the fact that mcglynn knows that and still picked him is even worse.  

2 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

f**k. f**k f**k f**k.

Hard to argue against when guys have stumped up upwards of thousands of pounds to watch a team he’s been part of for years get horsed in any big game. But hope none of it overstepped the mark. 

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Back to square one. It felt like we’d taken a step forward this season and still think we have but the same failures and weak mentality against any half decent side has cost us again throughout the season and laid bare for all to see tonight.

Airdrie are much, much better than us and while I’m surprised at the margin of defeat in the end, I fully expected a 2 or 3-0 scudding and had no faith in McGlynn coming up with some sort of plan to get the better of them over two games.

I can’t believe I’m here calling for yet another change of manager and clear out of the team but really, that surely has to be up for discussion. McGlynn will not get us promoted - someone above said he’s yesterdays man and that is 100% true.

Ian Mccall is hardly the modern day man is he 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

National League North or South 

Then back up road before Christmas playing part time for a kelty hearts etc, don't get the love some of our fans have for him tbh

Ps no offence to Kelty Hearts , first part time team that jumped into my head 

18 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Story I heard from a scout was that McCall was caught sniffing the white stuff which hastened his departure from firhill so I doubt he'll be back in football for a while.

Don’t know about that but losing 6 games in a row and then being beaten by the divisions 2 bottom teams who had conceded something like 19 goals in their 3 games before us, while our players looking decidedly unfit compared to theirs probably wasn’t exactly encouraging either 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I will be very surprised if mcglynn goes. I think the bod will give him his second year . I might be wrong but I can't see them sacking him.

Then another year in league 1 with McGlynn playing the same style has disaster written all over it. Fans patience wearing very thin with 1 disaster after another, it's the hope that hurts.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t get the Burrell love in. Poor again tonight

Burrell did well when Alegria was holding up the play and Burrell could run in behind and score. We've seen flashes of that but he can't do both.

Burrell causes panic with his pace, at times e.g. Setting up Morrison's cup semi miss and the sending off tonight but he needs someone to play him in not vice versa.

The big question is can we financially afford another clear out of a management team and players. It’s a double edged sword as it will cost us big time but you have to wonder if not doing anything could affect ST sales. Mind you probably not as we are probably the most loyal fans in the world given the shit we’ve had to stomach for nearly five years.