The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not sure he does TBH. He has Morrison and Miller for those roles and of course he can play there but I think he sees Agyman playing the role of the lad we had from Sevco 

Possible there's a change of style in the offing in getting the ball from back to front quicker instead of this faffing about in the middle of the park passing sideways and backward. How often last season did teams just sit back and wait for a loss of possession and the ensuing panic.

17 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I wouldn’t expect there to be many changes when the team is on a run like that and Burrell got more game time than Allan and Wright who were available to use should Burrell have been that much of a disruption. 

Edit to add: he started 4 in the 12 game run and came off the bench 4 times scoring 3 and assisting 2. Nothing other than hearsay points to him being a disruptive influence in the dressing room though. 

I agree it was rumours

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Possible there's a change of style in the offing in getting the ball from back to front quicker instead of this faffing about in the middle of the park passing sideways and backward. How often last season did teams just sit back and wait for a loss of possession and the ensuing panic.

Who knows. It is down to McGlynn to sort. It is his squad now and he can have no excuses if it goes wrong 

5 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Cos it’s Burrell we are talking about. He signed for Cove and was the topic of conversation and people were giving their opinion on him. Quite straightforward 👍🏻

And if the "Burrell downed tools, we're well shot of him" theory carries any weight, it is every bit as straightforward and logical to extend that argument to incorporate another 12 players who we are still paying a wage to and who will be forming a considerable chunk of next season's squad. Which, given the importance of said season, is pretty concerning.

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

And if the "Burrell downed tools, we're well shot of him" theory carries any weight, it is every bit as straightforward and logical to extend that argument to incorporate another 12 players who we are still paying a wage to and who will be forming a considerable chunk of next season's squad. Which, given the importance of said season, is pretty concerning.

I said this last night but if Burrell had downed tools and had disciplinary issues as has been hinted at, the decision to start him in the semi final when we knew how much was at stake is absolutely baffling.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not sure he does TBH. He has Morrison and Miller for those roles and of course he can play there but I think he sees Agyman playing the role of the lad we had from Sevco 

We'll have more of an idea come preseason but I don't think Agyeman's the man for that role.

Whenever Morrison or Kennedy were off the boil last season we struggled because our replacements off the bench weren't anywhere near as good so having 3 decent options already is a good start.

Spencer & Lang will have no doubt took out fair bit of the budget so we may not get to the 22 man squad but if we do I'm hoping for another centre mid & striker on top of the back up keeper and right back we've still to get.

9 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The whole narrative about Burrell being a bad influence is a bit of a nonsense for me that is clearly designed to absolve McGlynn and last season’s failures of responsibility.

Meanwhile a number of players who contributed far less than Burrell will still be here next season (even on extended contracts in some cases).

A 20 goal a season striker isn’t a necessity so long as you have goals throughout the team, which isn’t the case for us at the moment.

Nesbitt’s goal record is poor for a number 10, Miller isn’t a goal scorer, Agyeman I expect to get a few but doesn’t look prolific, Oliver isn’t a goal scorer and Maciver isn’t a goal scorer.

That leaves a huge reliance on Morrison and hoping Allan replicates his Clyde form rather than the rest of his career.

The end of the day lot of valid points made, firstly we can blame lack of goals but the issue is with defence so why we talking Oliver and Burrell without addressing the elephant in the Room of Brad how just seemed to go from hero to villain and Kinnear who only got the saving grace was saving the penalty yet gifting the first goal in the win at Airdrie when he arrived.

Again we also have the issue of Rowe and Morrison not getting on.  Does seem like post Ayr united there may have been a bit infighting for what reason who knows if that may have been what caused the drop in form.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone know if theres a way to join the Junior Bairns online? Forgot to lift a form for the bairn today

I think I did it "remotely" last year by phoning the shop to make a card payment, and emailing the form as others have said. 

Edit - even easier bank transfer this year.

Edited by cbhaf

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

A 20 goal a season striker isn’t a necessity so long as you have goals throughout the team, which isn’t the case for us at the moment.

Nesbitt’s goal record is poor for a number 10, Miller isn’t a goal scorer, Agyeman I expect to get a few but doesn’t look prolific, Oliver isn’t a goal scorer and Maciver isn’t a goal scorer.

That leaves a huge reliance on Morrison and hoping Allan replicates his Clyde form rather than the rest of his career.

Were we not second top scorers last season and only fell behind Airdrie when they had that purple patch in March? 

47 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

The first I seen of that rumour was from you. Where did you hear it from? 

Was doing the rounds before Christmas. 

48 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Ok but what I’m saying is that Burrell was out of contract and probably knew he wasn’t staying and I feel his performances reflected that. I also don’t think he is a great loss.

Am I ok to be of that opinion because you seem to have taken great offence to it?

I don’t remember us ever signing a “proven goalscorer” other than Ken Eadie, who then didn’t so too much.  Most of our big scoring strikers have been promising or unknown before us. None prolific.  As an aside, interesting to see Arbroath signing Stowe from Lithgae. It’ll be interesting to see how he and Daramola get on. 

Burrell was disappointing. He looked explosive early on and when he came on as sub a couple of times, but flattered to deceive when given a start. Of course, he’ll score against us but as long as we finish above Cove and their dystopian wee stadium, I don’t care. 

We were a very hardworking but hardly what you could call a flair team when Eadie joined. We were a low scoring side who didn't create enough, hence why I think he struggled. He scored goals for fun for seasons after he left us. I'm sure just after we sold him to Clydebank he scored twice on his debut to knock holders St Mirren out the cup at Love Street. 

Went to the club shop today to see the new strip but also pick up a t shirt for a family birthday. 

Spent £45 more than intended due to the amount of FFC branded niknaks on show. I don't really recall there being much on offer last time I was in.

11 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Went to the club shop today to see the new strip but also pick up a t shirt for a family birthday. 

Spent £45 more than intended due to the amount of FFC branded niknaks on show. I don't really recall there being much on offer last time I was in.

I think the commercial/retail team have done brilliantly in the last 12 months since coming on board.