The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Agree on the part time thing. Annan went from looking organised and capable (bit Edinburgh Cityish) to a total gang after 60 minutes. Blowing out of their arse and completely incapable of getting out of their last third. Has to be at least partly fitness.

Fair point but based on this view, remind me again how we’ve made a complete arse of things these past four years??

30 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I think a lot of fans are just on edge. Expectation is high with a lot riding on this season so that’s reflected in that type of reaction at half-time. It’s not great but not really surprising and certainly not “wild”. 

On edge? I’ve been a Falkirk supporter for far too long then 😂 i’ve witnessed games where we’ve been 2 or 3 down at half time and the players haven’t been booed off. I do think there are a a small element of our support who think we just need to show up. Booing a team at nil nil 45 minutes into a new league season certainly qualifies as wild in my book, considering how many surprise results you see this early in a season, to be displeased this early on is to be honest just strange.

7 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

On edge? I’ve been a Falkirk supporter for far too long then 😂 i’ve witnessed games where we’ve been 2 or 3 down at half time and the players haven’t been booed off. I do think there are a a small element of our support who think we just need to show up. Booing a team at nil nil 45 minutes into a new league season certainly qualifies as wild in my book, considering how many surprise results you see this early in a season, to be displeased this early on is to be honest just strange.

Yeah, I’d say on edge. Part-time football isn’t exactly that far away as it stands, though if we keep 4000 gates, that’s tremendous backing.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Im not ashamed to admit I booed at halftime during the Airdrie playoff game.  Booing at nothing each is poor patter but if your teams losing by 5 then they deserve to get booed.

Booing them back on for the second half was funny. 

32 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Over 4000 fans for a 5th season in League One is some effort, don’t think many other clubs would have maintained that type of attendance after what we’ve had to endure recently.

Looking at this time last season we had 3682 fans for the opening game against Montrose. Annan and Montrose will probably bring a similar away crowd, Montrose might even bring a wee bit more. So that’s 200-300 extra season tickets sold and (fingers crossed) an extra 300-400 PATG punters. Obviously the PATG will really  depend on how we are performing on the park. But just goes to show how much the fans are backing the team - lots of positives to take! 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just back from the game. Few things from me.

I’m approaching 50 and my dads in his 70’s and I still love nothing more than watching the Bairns with my dad.

Anyone who says either Spencer or Lang ain’t an upgrade to our squad is looking for any reason to slate McGlynn.

McGinn and Oliver should rarely start when we have a decent compliment of players available.

Agyeman and Morrison may be frustrating but boy when they are on it, at this level anyway they get me off my seat and that’s what I pay for.

Ross McIver has started well and strikers with confidence are very dangerous.

People who boo at half time are Arseholes - a lot of games in this league we will win in the 2nd half due to full time fitness. Also, anyone who says part time teams look fitter than us is talking pish.

It’s early doors but I’m pleased tonight.

Brilliant post, especially the first and last points. 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just back from the game. Few things from me.

I’m approaching 50 and my dads in his 70’s and I still love nothing more than watching the Bairns with my dad.

Anyone who says either Spencer or Lang ain’t an upgrade to our squad is looking for any reason to slate McGlynn.

McGinn and Oliver should rarely start when we have a decent compliment of players available.

Agyeman and Morrison may be frustrating but boy when they are on it, at this level anyway they get me off my seat and that’s what I pay for.

Ross McIver has started well and strikers with confidence are very dangerous.

People who boo at half time are Arseholes - a lot of games in this league we will win in the 2nd half due to full time fitness. Also, anyone who says part time teams look fitter than us is talking pish.

It’s early doors but I’m pleased tonight.

I am 54 and watched my last Falkirk game with my dad in Forth Valley Hospital just before he passed away in 2012,in 2020 just before the pandemic hit their was 4 generations at TFS my father in law,myself,my son(now 30) and my grandson.

When I said to my laddie that I was taking the grandson to the games he said,well dad you ruined my life taking me to Falkirk games you might as well ruin his lol 

Edited by Andy Dufresne

On the subject of shite midfielders, how refreshing is it to have someone that cannot only pass and tackle but actually run in Brad Spencer.

After some of the caravan towers we've had in recent seasons like Paton, Todd, G Miller, Alston (2nd spell), Gomis, Hetherington, McGinn etc it looks like we've finally got someone that has the legs to both protect the defense and be dangerous on the attack. Keeping him fit this season will be vital imo 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

3 goals scored, none conceded and 3 points on the board. Yes Annan weren't up to much once we scored but we can only beat what's in front of us. There will be harder games to come and we'd all take a scrappy 1-0 win in those. 

Big difference in the speed of play going forward without McGinn and Oliver though both will have a part to play during the season. 

Difficult to pick a stand out but I thought Spencer looked good. And to the older male in the SS who shouted for Morrison to be subbed the first time he played a poor pass, I hope you're eating humble pie after his goal