The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Zbairn said:

This is the thing...... the Patrons donate shares to FSS and then are asked to buy their shareholding back from the shares that are up for grabs?  

Doesn't make sense to me. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I may well be but doesn't that mean additional monies for the club doing it that way? as the fss monthly contributions will be accounted for and if the patrons bought the shares its new money which isn't. I would say that's a good reason to do it as the donation will bring fss to the 25 + 1, and then everybody gets what they want, seems like a good compromise - something that will be need if this model is to work long term.

21 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

I am gutted that his name is Bisland and not Bilsland.

I could then have said that because we are short of dough we used our loaf and brought in a loanee as we really kneaded a new right back and this allows Finn Yeast to move into midfield.

But don’t worry, I won’t say that.

14 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if McGinn plays that much football at all for us this season sadly, hopefully his op is a success but you kind of get the feeling that age, injuries to the same knee, ops, might finally catch up. Shame about Miller but as McGlynn says it's not season ending, he'll be a miss though, McKay I'm absolutely not arsed about and Mackie well it's another body I suppose and he should be back first. Glad we finally brought a right back in. Hopefully the boy does well when called upon.

I wouldn’t be suprised if he is retiring at the end of the year and will be on bbc or other punditry roles throughout the season

32 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

I wouldn’t be suprised if he is retiring at the end of the year and will be on bbc or other punditry roles throughout the season

Thought this myself, run his contract down hardly playing a game then retire. To be honest I hope he gets offered a permanent gig by the BBC or something sooner and his contract can be cancelled mutually allowing us to use his wage on a player that will contribute more, he’ll probably be one of the higher earners. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I may well be but doesn't that mean additional monies for the club doing it that way? as the fss monthly contributions will be accounted for and if the patrons bought the shares its new money which isn't. I would say that's a good reason to do it as the donation will bring fss to the 25 + 1, and then everybody gets what they want, seems like a good compromise - something that will be need if this model is to work long term.

No, I think you are right. This will bring additional cash into the club based on the fact that Patrons (or others) buy the shares and then the FSS cash effectively doubles the amount. 

However, what doesn’t make sense to me is that by doing this means that the Patrons are effectively paying double for the privilege of donating shares to the FSS for free and then purchasing the free shares. The Patrons could just buy the free shares, then there are none left for the FSS. Same scenario of getting 2 x the cash. There is no need to donate except for altruistic reasons in getting the FSS to 25%.

I’m not sure how many will be interested in doing that. 

2nd edit :) - If there is no great interest in the Patrons buying the available shares then they are up for grabs. Why not just sell them to the FSS and be done with this whole discussion ?  

Edited by Zbairn

54 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

No, I think you are right. This will bring additional cash into the club based on the fact that Patrons (or others) buy the shares and then the FSS cash effectively doubles the amount. 

However, what doesn’t make sense to me is that by doing this means that the Patrons are effectively paying double for the privilege of donating shares to the FSS for free and then purchasing the free shares. The Patrons could just buy the free shares, then there are none left for the FSS. Same scenario of getting 2 x the cash. There is no need to donate except for altruistic reasons in getting the FSS to 25%.

I’m not sure how many will be interested in doing that

I guess when we know the answer to this we will see the best way forward. I certainly think the goal should be maximising the total ££ the club will receive.

2 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

I think that’s part of it but the FSS could have received more money from the fans bank so the club would have the extra already. 

Also they could issue new shares which would allow FSS to buy the shares it requires and leave more shares open for new investment. 

Would think the patrons who are pledging to buy the shares too would be happy to donate the money as they are planning on transferring shares then buying more.

Just feels like we’re getting tied up in knots rather than just allow FSS to buy the shares it requires. That would still leave over £9k worth of shares left for others. 

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

I guess when we know the answer to this we will see the best way forward. I certainly think the goal should be maximising the total ££ the club will receive.

Exactly. My concern is that many have joined and donated to the FSS explicitly for fan ownership i.e. purchase of shares as outlined in the original presentations. 

Removing that option by not selling shares may be detrimental to the cash flow. I already know of two fans who have handed their resignation of the FSS in based on not being happy that the FSS cannot buy these shares and no real guarantee of what may happen in the future. 

Therefore, trying to maximise the ££ by refusal to sell shares may actually be counter productive.

So many of the clubs problems will disappear if Jay Fulton is transferred tonight. We get £125,000 per million so let hope the transfer deadline window crashes somewhat in our favour tonight. 

I’ve not been following rumour on this so not sure if it will still happen? Anyone keeping note? 

6 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

So many of the clubs problems will disappear if Jay Fulton is transferred tonight. We get £125,000 per million so let hope the transfer deadline window crashes somewhat in our favour tonight. 

I’ve not been following rumour on this so not sure if it will still happen? Anyone keeping note? 

Rumour went dead a good few weeks ago

What I find strange is the bit where it says the issue was a Comms issue between FSS and the bod.  Are FSS not part of the board anyway? They have 2 reps on the bod or one currently certainly should he not be keeping them up to date on what's going on regularly?

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

What I find strange is the bit where it says the issue was a Comms issue between FSS and the bod.  Are FSS not part of the board anyway? They have 2 reps on the bod or one currently certainly should he not be keeping them up to date on what's going on regularly?

Same thoughts 🤔

12 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Can you address me personally please, particularly if you’re accusing me of an agenda. 

It’s not a vandetta and if you believe it is then be grateful for you to let me who you are so I can at least be on a level playing field when making personal accusations.

I did expect someone to try castigate me but had hoped they’d at least not do it behind an anonymous username.

Anyway you can believe what you want but it is a matter of principle that I feel strongly about. If many are of BigBrBairns opinion then I’ll happily abide by that but just think we should be consulted as members. That’s the main point. If the majority are happy to not purchase any more shares then I’ll stand by that. 

Edit to add:

The reason I’m still a member is that I don’t want to just quit before trying to at least address my grievance with this situation. I’d rather not quit though. 

Also the vandetta thing is really insulting. I’ve made my self visible and open for criticism. I have a good relationship with people on the board and FSS committee and sought to resolve this privately first. There’s been no fallouts but I’m not naive to think this won’t make anyone think differently of me. All I stand to gain is criticism from you and no doubt the board and FSS too only in the hope this issue might be addressed in the right manner. 

I have replied to your direct message. 

As I've said this is an open forum and I believe I am just as entitled as you to share my views, I have agreed with some of your posts previously, and I now find myself becomming annoyed with what I interpret as negativity around the share issue, I understand you're unhappy, and you post alot about it, I think most people on here agree with your point, but to continue to push it on here has just started to annoy me a bit because we can't answer for the FSS, and I doubt any of them are brave enough or silly enough to reply to you on here (if they are here and I would imagine they are). 

I think the meeting tonight is a better forum to raise and debate your concerns, I'm not saying you can't do what you want on here, I'm just saying I think you've done it enough now, and it's time to raise it to the people that might be able to address your concerns? 

Again, apologies if you felt insulted, not my intention. 

42 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I have replied to your direct message. 

As I've said this is an open forum and I believe I am just as entitled as you to share my views, I have agreed with some of your posts previously, and I now find myself becomming annoyed with what I interpret as negativity around the share issue, I understand you're unhappy, and you post alot about it, I think most people on here agree with your point, but to continue to push it on here has just started to annoy me a bit because we can't answer for the FSS, and I doubt any of them are brave enough or silly enough to reply to you on here (if they are here and I would imagine they are). 

I think the meeting tonight is a better forum to raise and debate your concerns, I'm not saying you can't do what you want on here, I'm just saying I think you've done it enough now, and it's time to raise it to the people that might be able to address your concerns? 

Again, apologies if you felt insulted, not my intention. 

I am welcome for you to disagree but calling me toxic and accusing me of having some vandetta are unnecessary and only attempt to discredit me as a person. Not sure why you would expect me not to take it personally but will accept your apology. 

It is a big issue for me so sorry if it’s not what you want to hear but I do know a bit about it and want to clarify any misunderstandings or anything that doesn’t add up. 

If you want to accuse me of an agenda then it’s simply that I want the FSS to be the organisation I was sold on and not just be a benign funding model.

Sorry again if I go on about. Believe me I wish I didn’t bother as much but I do think I am being fair in what I say and not castigate anyone for it. 

Would be great for someone on the FSS to engage though for more clarity as not all can make the meeting. I don’t see why that should be silly. I did that when I was a part of the committee and had to clear up a few things regarding the CI when we got stick for the friendly. 

As a fan owned club I think this engagement should be encouraged, so long as it’s kept fair and doesn’t get personal. 

13 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I am welcome for you to disagree but calling me toxic and accusing me of having some vandetta are unnecessary and only attempt to discredit me as a person. Not sure why you would expect me not to take it personally but will accept your apology. 

It is a big issue for me so sorry if it’s not what you want to hear but I do know a bit about it and want to clarify any misunderstandings or anything that doesn’t add up. 

If you want to accuse me of an agenda then it’s simply that I want the FSS to be the organisation I was sold on and not just be a benign funding model.

Sorry again if I go on about. Believe me I wish I didn’t bother as much but I do think I am being fair in what I say and not castigate anyone for it. 

Would be great for someone on the FSS to engage though for more clarity as not all can make the meeting. I don’t see why that should be silly. I did that when I was a part of the committee and had to clear up a few things regarding the CI when we got stick for the friendly. 

As a fan owned club I think this engagement should be encouraged, so long as it’s kept fair and doesn’t get personal. 

I was referring to a small minority of the fan base and their need to toxic about something. I wasn't intending to imply you yourself are toxic, you have a valid arguement. I just wanted to stress I think you've made your point now. 

I absolutely agree the FSS and the club should be transparent and engage with fans. But I just don't think they should do so on here. 

As you've highlighted it's mainly an anonymous forum and there just isn't any way to verify the legitimacy of someone or their motives on here. For all anyone knows I could be a rival fan trying to cause division (I'm not) I don't tend to explain myself very well, so I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make. 

48 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I was referring to a small minority of the fan base and their need to toxic about something. I wasn't intending to imply you yourself are toxic, you have a valid arguement. I just wanted to stress I think you've made your point now. 

I absolutely agree the FSS and the club should be transparent and engage with fans. But I just don't think they should do so on here. 

As you've highlighted it's mainly an anonymous forum and there just isn't any way to verify the legitimacy of someone or their motives on here. For all anyone knows I could be a rival fan trying to cause division (I'm not) I don't tend to explain myself very well, so I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make. 

You did say against the same person which was quite clearly aimed at me when talking about vendettas though. 

In any case, I have been quite open to who I am. I don’t expect many to know me but at least I’m not trying to disguise that when making my grievances known. As I said before it only serves to do me more harm than good but will say what I feel I have to. Noone needs to agree but if making a personal slight then would be fairer for that person to be just as open so anyone can verify their motives, as you say. 

47 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

You did say against the same person which was quite clearly aimed at me when talking about vendettas though. 

In any case, I have been quite open to who I am. I don’t expect many to know me but at least I’m not trying to disguise that when making my grievances known. As I said before it only serves to do me more harm than good but will say what I feel I have to. Noone needs to agree but if making a personal slight then would be fairer for that person to be just as open so anyone can verify their motives, as you say. 

I don't think vandetta is a personal insult. You clearly have beef with the FSS and mentioned you'd left the committee previously for whatever reason I can't remember. As I said before, apologies if you feel I have insulted you personally. Not intended. Here's hoping you get closure to your concerns tonight and the bairns get 3 points tomorrow 👌 

58 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I don't think vandetta is a personal insult. You clearly have beef with the FSS and mentioned you'd left the committee previously for whatever reason I can't remember. As I said before, apologies if you feel I have insulted you personally. Not intended. Here's hoping you get closure to your concerns tonight and the bairns get 3 points tomorrow 👌 

It is personal though as it’s presenting a reason to discredit anything I say as being part of some sort of revenge, which is far from the case. For your info, I didn’t really quit the FSS, I just didn’t stand for re-election. I had been asked to reconsider and am still helping them create new posters. I like a lot of the guys in the FSS and board so don’t want to draw any personal insults but just didn’t agree with this decision. I contacted each party privately but as the decision stood, I felt it was only left to try and talk about it publicly. The meeting is a place to do that but unfortunately I can’t attend. Besides most people don’t like to talk out in public so gives anyone a chance to understand a bit more about it and put across their views online. 

Ofcourse you are not to know any of that but you also had absolutely no reason to accuse me of having a personal vandetta. You had no knowledge to say who, what or why I may have a vandetta but decided to cast scorn anyway.

You may not consider that a personal insult but for you to suggest I am the type of person to only say something due to some sort of revenge then I do take a lot of insult to that. Won’t mean anything to you throwing out such accusations but mud does stick and to see people I know like your posts as in some sort of agreement is pretty disheartening. 

Disagree if you want but keep the personal stuff out of it.

Do I have beef with the FSS, no. Do I disagree with their recent decision, yes. They’re not the same thing so please stop throwing out these accusations and trying to make it out like I’m on some kind of revenge. 

Edited by Van_damage