The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As said, and confirmed that’s he’s accepted a role with saints, he should be relieved from his contract as quickly as possible. Once you accept a role/position outwith your employer, for me he should be released without fail. 

I think you would be surprised how many full time players are coaching on the side. They have to start somewhere. 

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As said, and confirmed that’s he’s accepted a role with saints, he should be relieved from his contract as quickly as possible. Once you accept a role/position outwith your employer, for me he should be released without fail. 

He's got a contract until the end of the season has he not? Presumably he's doing the coaching thing with the club's knowledge, so I can't see how we can release him unless he agrees to that? 

Regarding whether he should go to free up some cash, I'm in two minds about that. He may never play for us again, in which case him leaving would be good, however, I can visualise him making a very positive contribution towards the end of the season, which might just help to see us over the line. 

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Thankfully we have more leaders this season like Donaldson, Lang and Spencer.

McGinn could have done a job coming off the bench for the last 20/30 but he’s not been seen since July? Good luck to him but between this and doing media work I can’t see him being around much longer. If his wages are written off by both sides it would ideal and give us more cash for January.

Agreed, think it would leave a bad taste if he was to continue to collect a wage until the end of the season while not contributing on the park. Time to part ways would seem to be now rather than him simply running out the remainder of his contract while being employed elsewhere, would maybe be different if he was still able to contribute on the park. 

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Agreed, think it would leave a bad taste if he was to continue to collect a wage until the end of the season while not contributing on the park. Time to part ways would seem to be now rather than him simply running out the remainder of his contract while being employed elsewhere, would maybe be different if he was still able to contribute on the park. 

This is only speculation, no one on here knows what his injury situation actually is.

28 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Only around 200 tickets left for the away end now. Going to be another great backing for the team 

How many seats were we allocated? According to Wiki, the east stand holds 2192 and ! can't imagine that we have sold just under 2,000 tickets.

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

How many seats were we allocated? According to Wiki, the east stand holds 2192 and ! can't imagine that we have sold just under 2,000 tickets.

We get 3 sections which hold just over 700, theres another section if we fill those which would be up to around 950 

On the McGinn situation, the club will be aware of his coaching arrangements. If the club have no problems with that then that's the clubs' call and I'm happy to allow them to make that call. Mcginn is obviously taking his first official steps towards a full time coaching position. I don't see there being any difference between any of us having a full time job and a part time job on the side so long as its all declared and approved on both sides. 

I dont recall there being much anger when Lee Miller was coaching at Motherwell while playing with us. 

Jamie Swinney on twitter: 

"For clarity Stephen is continuing his rehab & we hope it’s not too long before he is back on the pitch He has a huge role to play on & off the pitch this season. As someone who has won leagues his contribution could prove invaluable.

Coaching will enhance his leadership further

He is helping with our reserves as well.

The St Mirren academy is an elite level academy with a full pathway, the opportunities within it are presently much greater than what we can offer. Hopefully we can change that over time.

Players can take on PT jobs, it’s quite common." 

Pretty happy with that, not sure what could be bad about this at all. 

3 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

On the McGinn situation, the club will be aware of his coaching arrangements. If the club have no problems with that then that's the clubs' call and I'm happy to allow them to make that call. Mcginn is obviously taking his first official steps towards a full time coaching position. I don't see there being any difference between any of us having a full time job and a part time job on the side so long as its all declared and approved on both sides. 

I dont recall there being much anger when Lee Miller was coaching at Motherwell while playing with us. 

Agree 1000%

I think it's helped us he's injured

I'd feel McGlynn would play mcginn with Spencer, personally feel Henderson and Spencer is our best two.

Great to see Lewis back today on FTV, the zoom screen is better, obviously a Lewis experience thing.

Let's get into them 2nd half...we have fell out the game 

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Agree 1000%

I think it's helped us he's injured

I'd feel McGlynn would play mcginn with Spencer, personally feel Henderson and Spencer is our best two.

Great to see Lewis back today on FTV, the zoom screen is better, obviously a Lewis experience thing.

Let's get into them 2nd half...we have fell out the game 

The zoom screen is exactly the same. Lewis is commentating, not operating the camera.