The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Not playing players was one of the most frustrating things about Hughes - Roman Wallner looked class in the two games he played for us ... he went on to play, and score, for the Austrian national team, the only time we saw Theobald play was on telly a at World Cup where he marked David Beckham out the fucking game

Even guys like Arnue Riera were confusingly left sitting on the bench occasionally when we were screaming out for them on the park

*had to stop myself going into a big rant there - do carry on*

Theobald played almost as many times for the national team as he did in club games across his entire career. My favourite fact though is that he once played for Joe Public FC. . 

2 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Don’t see any point in either us selling Morrison in January or it being a great time for the player to move. I would assume we won’t have him next season though, promoted or not. 

That’s my thoughts too. I don’t see him being a Bairn after this season but he will have a huge say as to what league we will be in. He’ll want to leave on a high. 

Unless Morrison goes to England there's a chance we might keep him if we go up.  Would imagine we'll be able to compete with most championship club wages next season.  Not sure he's good enough to consistently play in the premier and teams will be very aware he's mostly up against sh*te in league 1.  

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Riera was an odd one - the guy was obviously a great player.  On the other hand, I seem to be in a very small minority that never rated Aafjes.  I thought he had skill but not a bit of footballing sense in his head.

Remember the time Aafjes claimed he could play at any level.  He's just up his game when needed and adjust to whatever level he's at. That never really came to pass did it?  

Was a big fan of Dean Holden when he was with us.  Hard tackling & very consistent at left back.  

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Unless Morrison goes to England there's a chance we might keep him if we go up.  Would imagine we'll be able to compete with most championship club wages next season.  Not sure he's good enough to consistently play in the premier and teams will be very aware he's mostly up against sh*te in league 1.  

If any scout was watching on Friday, his lack of awareness, in failing to square a ball for a possible 5th, would have instantly cooled my thoughts.

22 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I think that’ll be the case for lots of our players tbh. Go up and we have every chance of keeping anyone we want. Stay down and it’ll be tough to keep the best 3/4 (without even thinking about the part time possibilities that would be looming)

Just watched the whole game on Alba this morning. I thought the whole team were brilliant (Long's aberration apart), however, I sincerely hope that Tom Lang is going to keep his f**k-ups exclusively to games v Dundee Utd this season! Donaldson dug him out of a hole with a brilliant tackle, which made me wonder what the reaction would have been if the boot was on the other foot?

Morrison seems to consistently get the MOTM award when he doesn't really deserve it but he certainly did on Friday and I think that Finn Yeats could be this season's Will Vaulks, because he has a similar attitude and will to win!

As a few have said, I would expect that a few clubs will be sounding out Morrison. For me the addition of Lang Spencer Miller Alfie Ross coupled with a very decent striker has brought out the best in him, and with the forward pace throughout the team, he looks more confident.

Fitness will be key and if he keeps up his own form (and the teams form) he will be off regardless of promotion.  

Edited by Springfield

IMO, it's in both parties interests for Morrison to stay. His contribution towards promotion would surely far outweigh any transfer fee and, if he does move on, he'll be able to command higher wages as a free agent. That would certainly be my approach with him. Give us a good 6 months and then you'll have your pick of the clubs.

Edited by lanky_ffc

54 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

IMO, it's in both parties interests for Morrison to stay. His contribution towards promotion would surely far outweigh any transfer fee and, if he does move on, he'll be able to command higher wages as a free agent. That would certainly be my approach with him. Give us a good 6 months and then you'll have your pick of the clubs.

I think the solution is to accept a 500k offer in January then have him loaned back to us for the rest of the season!

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I think the solution is to accept a 500k offer in January then have him loaned back to us for the rest of the season!

Every player is for sale and will have their price.

It's a matter of balancing any offer for a January transfer against his potential (avoiding injury) contribution to the league campaign.

Due to his injury history if an offer is made it's going to be hard for the club to turn down.

The one thing that Morrison has is pace we don't have anyone else as fast as him and for all his flaws ie can be greedy, lack of awareness etc his pace terrifies defenders, we miss him when he's not playing, and It would be detrimental to our hopes of getting promoted if he gets sold in January.

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Ideal but I can't see anyone paying money to sign some one who won't play for them till the summer when they can sign him for nothing in the summer.

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

The one thing that Morrison has is pace we don't have anyone else as fast as him and for all his flaws ie can be greedy, lack of awareness etc his pace terrifies defenders, we miss him when he's not playing, and It would be detrimental to our hopes of getting promoted if he gets sold in January.

Ageyman is pretty fast tbf 

11 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The Alloa first half without Morrison was a fast and direct show with Agyeman Miller and Ross feeding of McIver 

Agreed, I would love to see a midfield three of Ageyman, miller and morrison again. Don’t think we’ve seen it since miller has returned from injury. It’s so much more fluid with miller and Ageyman being able to play wide and central.  The same applies to the fluidity we can play when we have Ross in there. Whereas, Nesbitt can only play through the middle. I also think Ageyman provides so much more physicality in the midfield. Nesbitt has a lot of qualities but being physical and strong in a tackle is not one of them. 

Edited by Big chungus

I would have to question the talent of the scouting profession if they’d only realised the qualities Morrison possesses now. He’s been largely very good in 3 years worth of teams that have been complete and utter shite. You could’ve got him on small wages for about 50k transfer fee 2 years ago. 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ideal but I can't see anyone paying money to sign some one who won't play for them till the summer when they can sign him for nothing in the summer.

Yea, my tongue was so far into my cheek it was almost coming out of my ear!

Morrison missed a fair chunk of his first two seasons here through injury did he not, whereas last year I think he played almost every game? He's certainly improved season on season anyway. 

As BB says I think a PCA is very unlikely given his age. And promotion with us should mean he can negotiate a better contract elsewhere. 

He would absolutely go with my best wishes, pretty much the only decent performer in two years of utterly shite teams, and always tries like f**k. Even if he doesnt head the ball and can be a greedy bas at times :lol:

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876