The Falkirk FC Thread

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I see Hamilton have predictably lined up against the version of QotS everyone except Falkirk get 🤣

I think it’s more just that Hamilton are much better than QotS and have seen the opportunity to go top of the league today and have made a real statement.

It’s given them a real boost in GD vs ours too.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Hindsight is 20:20 but surely if the pitch can't be cleared of snow in the first 12 months of its installation then the manufacturer should provide covers as part of the purchase? This is Scotland, after all, and snow at sometime during the winter is more than likely.

Lol wut

If you wanted covers then perhaps you should have tried to include them as part of the negotiation - at a price of course. 

They are in no way responsible for ensuring that your choices are a suitable match to the conditions that you play in. 

2 hours ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Today is the day we have potentially knackered our season. The lack of will to get this game on has allowed Hamilton to leapfrog us. The game in a fortnight really suits Hamilton now.

Knicker wetting of spectacular levels.

24 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Of course bit but it has given Hamilton a psychological advantage. 

It defeats the point of having an all weather pitch in my view if it can’t be cleared and we have no covers.

It really doesn't.

Edited by printer

1 hour ago, BPM Again said:

We did have before. If they had been on the pitch would that not stop the pellets coming out? 

Possibly. Was it grass when you helped or Astro?

30 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Of course bit but it has given Hamilton a psychological advantage. 

It defeats the point of having an all weather pitch in my view if it can’t be cleared and we have no covers.

No such thing as an all weather pitch.

Don’t realise that our Axminster was so sensitive to snow, however would be very disappointed if the club ( ie Swinney) has now explained the issues with the pellets, and if covers were a suitable protection/fix with snow, we failed to purchase.

Did anyone really think that QoS was going to take anything today? 
Let’s stop the brown stuff, and concentrate with our tremendous start to the season. The Hamilton result doesn’t change a thing for me. 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Don’t realise that our Axminster was so sensitive to snow, however would be very disappointed if the club ( ie Swinney) has now explained the issues with the pellets, and if covers were a suitable protection/fix with snow, we failed to purchase.

Did anyone really think that QoS was going to take anything today? 
Let’s stop the brown stuff, and concentrate with our tremendous start to the season. The Hamilton result doesn’t change a thing for me. 

Agreed. The biggest concern for me is when it is replayed. Hopefully not the midweek of the 10th, before we play Hamilton.

21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

would be very disappointed if the club ( ie Swinney) has now explained the issues with the pellets, and if covers were a suitable protection/fix with snow, we failed to purchase.

I'm purely guessing here, but things tend to stick to one another when frozen.

Is is possible that any sort of cover would run the risk of not only picking up pellets but also ripping up the artificial grass blades if it was removed when temps were around zero? 

If so, that would explain why nothing was purchased and why only grass surfaces seem to use these.

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm purely guessing here, but things tend to stick to one another when frozen.

Is is possible that any sort of cover would run the risk of not only picking up pellets but also ripping up the artificial grass blades if it was removed when temps were around zero? 

If so, that would explain why nothing was purchased and why only grass surfaces seem to use these.

Jamie has now said on Twitter that covers will need to be purchased 

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Jamie has now said on Twitter that covers will need to be purchased 

Find this incredibly difficult to understand. Not knowing the facts but this borders on utter negligence by the BOD. We were told that there was due diligence done when purchasing the new pitch. The club explained that they went to the end of a fart when considering who was getting the contract. At what point did anyone consider suitable weather proofing-suitable covering when the winter set in ? 

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

Has that been removed?

I can't see any statement regarding covers in his explanatory thread.

I’m a big fan of Swinney but to say he “thinks” the old ones are done is not good. He’s CEO. He should know. they’re done or they’re not.