The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Which is why that post was specifically about the disgusting club that is Linfield and their reptile knuckledragging bigot fans. Which you seems to have conveniently ignored.

If you sign for a vile club like Linfield good luck going to the Supporters events. Better make sure you have access to the 'right' songbook.

I'm sure there's some nice family clubs in Norn Iron that would be a pleasure to play for. Linfield ain't one of them. 

You are very welcome to visit for a game, after which I'm sure you'd be more than happy to retract the sad and inaccurate comments you've made. 

Anybody heard anything about ticket sales for Sat night? Club usually put out updated figures for big games to try and encourage sales..,not seen anything yet unless I've missed it?

10 minutes ago, jephcott said:

You are very welcome to visit for a game, after which I'm sure you'd be more than happy to retract the sad and inaccurate comments you've made. 

Every man for themselves like but I personally will opt to decline the offer of flute bands and nods to the UVF at the football. 

Linfield-comp-22.jpg

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I would say that was far more to do with continual terrible recruitment of players and managers than the decision to close the academy.

No academy graduate had established themselves in the first team for a good number of years well before relegation was even contemplated (I would have to check but may even have been someone like Sibbald or Alston) so to suggest the loss of the academy was to blame is a stretch.

This post comes for complete ignorance of the Academy and it boils my piss. It takes no account  of the changes we went through and where it was going when it was closed. The same bilge that was talked by those who were behind the decision to close it. Which has set our club back at least five years.

All the early recruits to the first team came about when it was the Falkirk Academy. When it was changed to the Forth Valley and we were forced into bed with the other local clubs by the SFA and directors who saw it as a way to save a few quid, many parents took the best kids elsewhere.  That took a bit of recovering from, but confidence was rebuilt and at the time we closed it we had amongst the best 13 and 14 year olds in the country. 
So much so there are 13/14 of those players now with senior contracts. The likes of Kai Fotheringham for example. 
The other bit this “focus” on the first team misses is that when a young kid comes through the academy he is on washers (a fact quickly lost on those who closed it) rather than throwing stupid cash at the bilge we had to endure in recent seasons. 
Youth development takes time and investment but done well we have proven in the past it produces results and finance.

We are rebuilding it gradually which is right but if the Board decided to divert more cash that way once we move up from this hell hole I would be very supportive. It is a revenue stream we cut off and was a disgraceful decision. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Every man for themselves like but I personally will opt to decline the offer of flute bands and nods to the UVF at the football. 

Linfield-comp-22.jpg

Umbro should be ashamed producing a vile rag like that never mind sponsorship.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Linfield-comp-22.jpg

I take it you're not a fan of Man City's 18/19 away kit either?

Don't let that get in the way of your agenda, though.

Come and see for yourself.

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

I suppose there’ll always be peaks and troughs, but as well as providing first team players the Academy also brought an increasingly steady income.  I was sometime equivocal about selling players to Swansea for £150k that fans had barely seen, but net/net we did well out of it. I also wonder if keeping the Academy would have given the earlier League 1 squads a bit more resilience. 

The Academy project once producing players ready for the first team will have a target that at the start of every season there are say 2 - 4 players pushing for a first team place progress and hopefully move on to bigger things and a club casher in the transfer and add on's.

Maybe the people running the academy can advise.

10 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

This post comes for complete ignorance of the Academy and it boils my piss. It takes no account  of the changes we went through and where it was going when it was closed. The same bilge that was talked by those who were behind the decision to close it. Which has set our club back at least five years.

All the early recruits to the first team came about when it was the Falkirk Academy. When it was changed to the Forth Valley and we were forced into bed with the other local clubs by the SFA and directors who saw it as a way to save a few quid, many parents took the best kids elsewhere.  That took a bit of recovering from, but confidence was rebuilt and at the time we closed it we had amongst the best 13 and 14 year olds in the country. 
So much so there are 13/14 of those players now with senior contracts. The likes of Kai Fotheringham for example. 
The other bit this “focus” on the first team misses is that when a young kid comes through the academy he is on washers (a fact quickly lost on those who closed it) rather than throwing stupid cash at the bilge we had to endure in recent seasons. 
Youth development takes time and investment but done well we have proven in the past it produces results and finance.

We are rebuilding it gradually which is right but if the Board decided to divert more cash that way once we move up from this hell hole I would be very supportive. It is a revenue stream we cut off and was a disgraceful decision. 

I was against the decision to close the academy completely but in my view it was bonkers to be spending the sums we were on youth development while the first team was floundering.

We are first and foremost a professional football club and the academy has got to support the first team (not the other way round). I get the impression the current board have that exactly right.

Not sure why you criticised the previous regime for spending money restarting youth development yet are now wanting funds diverted from the first team (which would be madness imo).

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I was against the decision to close the academy completely but in my view it was bonkers to be spending the sums we were on youth development while the first team was floundering.

We are first and foremost a professional football club and the academy has got to support the first team (not the other way round). I get the impression the current board have that exactly right.

Not sure why you criticised the previous regime for spending money restarting youth development yet are now wanting funds diverted from the first team (which would be madness imo).

I never criticised Gary Deans regime for restarting it. That was a good move in the right direction.  The damage was done by Lang and Campbell and the Brentford model nonsense. 
As someone who was well known around the club said to me two weeks after the decision was made. “A decision made by side of the mooth c***s” 

And let’s not forget they were offered funding to keep it open 

Edited by BPM Again

14 minutes ago, jephcott said:

This one?

Looks fine to me.

Man City 2018/19 Away Jersey | Nike | Life Style Sports

18 minutes ago, jephcott said:

If you mean the 2017/2018 away kit I'm fine with it too.

It doesn't have that vile orange sash on it.

Manchester City Kids Away Shirt 2017/18 - Nike Jersey

3 minutes ago, jephcott said:

3rd kit, I beg your pardon.

887226663765-1.jpg

Manchester, the birthplace of the Orange Order in England.

Making this strip every bit as repulsive as the Linfield one if that is the inspiration behind it.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Manchester, the birthplace of the Orange Order in England.

Making this strip every bit as repulsive as the Linfield one if that is the inspiration behind it.

That strip has absolutely nothing to do with the Orange Order. There’s no major affiliation to them at the Etihad…..