what new phone to upgrade to

Still getting used to the S3 - and still to get my number transferred across - but seems like a cracking phone. Got a text from T-Mobile this morning telling me my wi-fi access had been set up - which is strange as I was unaware my deal came with wi-fi. Must investigate.

ive always wondered what phone companies mean about wifi being set up

i use my phone at home and use my home wifi

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive always wondered what phone companies mean about wifi being set up

i use my phone at home and use my home wifi

It seems, although I'm not certain, that in this case it means you can use BTOpenzone wi-fi hotspots across the UK. If that's right (I've read stuff that says that's now part of their mobile data plans) I'm shocked they don't make a bigger deal of it.

It seems, although I'm not certain, that in this case it means you can use BTOpenzone wi-fi hotspots across the UK. If that's right (I've read stuff that says that's now part of their mobile data plans) I'm shocked they don't make a bigger deal of it.

ah cheers for that

im always wary of using open wifi like that

Are there any negatives to using a site like buymobiles compared to going direct to the network? I mean obviously if you get a "free gift" or whatever, your overall cost is higher, but without the gift you seem to be getting a good deal.

I'm thinking of upgrading a couple months early as my BB broke and I'm using a really old phone. Really can't decide between Iphone 4s, Galaxy3 or one of the Lumias, they all have pro's and cons and I get the feeling I will be disappointed on some level with whichever I choose. Any advice?

Are there any negatives to using a site like buymobiles compared to going direct to the network? I mean obviously if you get a "free gift" or whatever, your overall cost is higher, but without the gift you seem to be getting a good deal.

I'm thinking of upgrading a couple months early as my BB broke and I'm using a really old phone. Really can't decide between Iphone 4s, Galaxy3 or one of the Lumias, they all have pro's and cons and I get the feeling I will be disappointed on some level with whichever I choose. Any advice?

When I switched to a contract phone back at the end of 2006 I got one from Mobiles.co.uk It was a top of the range model at the time (A Sony Walkman one) on a 12 month contract, but they were giving out 12 months cash back so it only worked out at 17 quid a month. Did the same the following year as well with another Sony phone. Absolutely no problems - phone arrived quickly and followed all the instructions to get the money back. The only thing to watch out for would be they'll probably sign you up to various insurance, technical support things as well - just watch for the letters about them arriving so you can write off and cancel them.

I got my last mobile from Buymobilephones.net - some cracking deals there and good free gifts. I got a 42-in plasma TV, arrived within two weeks of placing the order for the phone.

When my upgrade's due, reckon I'll get the Beats iPod dock from the same place.

I've used buymobilephones.net a few times, and have had no complaints each time. Gifts always arrived, any time there was a delay with anything they kept me up to date. Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

I spoted this deal earlier. If you're looking for a good phone for you or the kids and don't want to spend much, you could do a lot worse than this: ;http://www.carphonew...-ACE-KM009-FCON No too shabby for £7.50 a month. ;)

seen that in the papers last week and it was on for one week only apparently,

Cracking deal, especially as you say you want to get your weans a phone

I'm torn between the iPhone, HTC One X and the Samsung Galaxy SIII. I'm a complete novice when it comes to phones, so have settled for crap ones for too long. I want one with ease of internet use and have never tried texting using QWERTY, so it scares me. Am I correct in thinking that the iPhone only has that option? I've read reviews, held them in my hand and all three look great. Help.

I'm torn between the iPhone, HTC One X and the Samsung Galaxy SIII. I'm a complete novice when it comes to phones, so have settled for crap ones for too long. I want one with ease of internet use and have never tried texting using QWERTY, so it scares me. Am I correct in thinking that the iPhone only has that option? I've read reviews, held them in my hand and all three look great. Help.

Got this deal for the HTC One X last week on a 24 month contract. Great phone!. http://www.buymobile...4mths)/13552683 To get the iPhone or Galaxy S3 on a similar package you'd have to pay about £34 a month, so it's definately better value for money. It helped to sway me ianyway.

I got my wife the S3 today and i am also due an upgrade on sunday but i am torn between the S3 and HTC One X

Same boat. Got a HTC Desire at the moment, and can't decide between those two. Plenty of talk about the HTC One X's battery life, but not convinced it would be much worse than other new smartphones?

Same boat. Got a HTC Desire at the moment, and can't decide between those two. Plenty of talk about the HTC One X's battery life, but not convinced it would be much worse than other new smartphones?

I have ended up getting the S3 and my wife the HTC One X,I would say the S3 is a better phone.

On both the One X and the GS3 it is a piece of piss to revert from qwerty keypad, to a standard phone 3x4 keypad. A piece of piss I tells ye.

I'd actually have a shot of all of them if I were you, before making a decision. Have a try using the internet on them, all the things that you're likely to use it for.

After the last software update (version 1.29.something) I can happily say the battery life is excellent.

Archived