Sportsound Watch

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I simply can't listen to it any more. I rate Richard Gordon, and Tom English, and even Derek Ferguson's passion for all levels of the game, but it's truly awful. By all accounts Clyde is worse

I think the presenter on Clyde 1, Gordon Duncan, is decent. Unfortunately he's surrounded by a similar array of dinosaurs in Keevins, DJ, Dazza etc...

I think the presenter on Clyde 1, Gordon Duncan, is decent. Unfortunately he's surrounded by a similar array of dinosaurs in Keevins, DJ, Dazza etc...

Keevins and DJ make it unbearable though, Johnstone in particular is about 25 years behind current affairs

Dont think Willie Miller does himself any favours with his "I'm too busy to do research" nonsence, the natural order bullshit or refusing to interupt even when a goal is scored, which is the whole point of open all mics.

Richard Gordon is a smug git too TBF

10 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Dont think Willie Miller does himself any favours with his "I'm too busy to do research" nonsence, the natural order bullshit or refusing to interupt even when a goal is scored, which is the whole point of open all mics.

Richard Gordon is a smug git too TBF

Let me shorten that down for You, Aberdeen fans are wankers.

IMO Willie Miller was a fine footballer and outstanding captain for Aberdeen.

He was a fine ambassador for the club while playing but everything he has attempted since has been abject failure I'm afraid.

Just maybe if he'd taken the H*ns shilling when he had the chance he could have earned enough to retire quietly.

edit.   on second thoughts, jist  NAW . Forget that................... , at least he still remains a Dons legend, I'll forgive him for being shite at everything else.

23 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

Football legend Mark McGhee has been sacked by Barnet. Expect to hear his unique insights on all things Scottish soon as the old boys club continue to hire their unemployed mates.

He was dreadful on the BBC for Celtic-Morton the other week. Insights like Morton were 'up for the battle' and Celtic wouldn't want to get involved in a 'fist-fight'. There was also a moment in the match where Morton broke forward and Ajer came rushing out of position to win the ball and he suggested that Morton wouldn't be used to players who were comfortable playing the ball. As well as being ignorant and disparaging towards Championship teams, it was also complete nonsense as Ajer had booted it straight out of play :lol:

Why do they still give any coverage at all to Joey Barton? Last night they played some clip where Barton was doing his usual attention seeking shite on Talksport. Who fucking cares what a wee scumbag rat like him thinks? His opinions on Scottish football are utterly irrelevant. Even the folk they had on last night were pretty much saying as much, despite the presenter's best attempts to stir things up (and he really was trying very hard to make it in to a big issue).

14 hours ago, Millions said:

Keevins and DJ make it unbearable though, Johnstone in particular is about 25 years behind current affairs

Agreed. And given their featuring on a Monday, Friday and Saturday, that's the dream team. I don't think I've listened to anything DJ has said in the last five years and thought, "well, that's a surprising insight." He seems to earn his poppy by saying "it's all ifs, buts and maybes" five or six times a night.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do they still give any coverage at all to Joey Barton? Last night they played some clip where Barton was doing his usual attention seeking shite on Talksport. Who fucking cares what a wee scumbag rat like him thinks? His opinions on Scottish football are utterly irrelevant. Even the folk they had on last night were pretty much saying as much, despite the presenter's best attempts to stir things up (and he really was trying very hard to make it in to a big issue).

I think my 5 mth old daughter has got more to say.

The presenters on SSB are brain dead with little football knowledge.

Those who actually make the choice to listen to it are worse.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It was painful to listen to the presenter constantly trying to interject with 'but does he have a point about the standard' while everyone else was just basically saying Barton's a gobshite and his opinion doesn't matter. I think the rest of the guests had heard the 'Sunday League' nonsense and didn't think it merited a  proper response. The presenter nearly jizzed when Barton texted in.  

There's things that irritate me about Sportsound, the pandering to the old firm most of all, but for the most part it does its job fine on a Saturday afternoon. So whilst it has people I can't stand like Chick Young and Pat Bonnar there's people I do like, Richard Gordon and Willie Miller for example. I think the commentary is of an OK standard most of the time, it's the analysis abd post-game discussion that lets it down, but ultimately I listen to radio commentary for the commentary more than what some Journalists or Ex-pros think makes Steve Clarke a good manager.

Yip, agree with all that.

I’m not getting the fact there’s been no calling out of ‘Biscuits’ though. He has to be the biggest, most biased fud on the whole show.