Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are people at Sky Tv actually happy that Leicester are going to win the league?

Probably. It maintains their tag line of "Greatest league in the World" as now "its so competitive that any team can win it".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/25/leicester-city-fans-denied-permission--to-watch-remaining-away-g/

Leicester had been hoping to ­recreate the carnival atmosphere of their recent home matches during a screening of Sunday’s trip to Old Trafford, where they now know victory would be enough to seal one of sport’s greatest triumphs. 

They were also hoping to beam back their final-day fixture at Stamford Bridge on May 15, following the lead of other English clubs who have screened crucial away games at their home ground.

But they were told that Premier League teams are not allowed to do so for matches shown live on Sky Sports or BT Sport due to the potential ­impact on the numbers of those paying to watch at home or at local bars and pubs, which rely on live football to attract customers.

Probably. It maintains their tag line of "Greatest league in the World" as now "its so competitive that any team can win it".

I'm not sure the fact that the largest teams with biggest budgets underperforming is particularly a good thing for them and others who are highest up the food chain.

IMO, this day was always going to come sooner or later, Leicester are playing players £80,000 a week.  The gap in finances between the big clubs and teams like Leicester and Stoke is getting smaller with every passing season. 

I'm not sure the fact that the largest teams with biggest budgets underperforming is particularly a good thing for them and others who are highest up the food chain.

I was thinking the same last night, but when you consider that they lost the CL this season and I imagine a large number of people will have cancelled, I'm sure they are delighted to be screening something which absolutely every man and his dog is talking about just now, meaning they are probably getting more people subscribing just now, even if just for the last month.

IMO, this day was always going to come sooner or later, Leicester are playing players £80,000 a week. The gap in finances between the big clubs and teams like Leicester and Stoke is getting smaller with every passing season.

I said something like that a few weeks ago. The smaller to middling teams no longer have to sell and they can outspend the vast majority of clubs outwith the Giants in the other leagues around the world and Europe.

If anything Leicester winning the league will balance out the league even more as foreign players may be more ready to take a punt on joining a 'midtable' team as they will be offering a similar wage to bigger name clubs and will have even more money to do so.

Coupled with the fact that nobody had heard of Leicester on the continent this season lessens the impact of joining one of the big Four in search of honours.

Personally I feel it will be a very difficult match for the Foxes on Sunday especially without Vardy's pace on the break.

Winnable but not a shoe in.

I said something like that a few weeks ago. The smaller to middling teams no longer have to sell and they can outspend the vast majority of clubs outwith the Giants in the other leagues around the world and Europe.

Indeed, It's mental to think Leicester could probably go to a Valencia, a Marseille, a Schalke and say 'we wan't 'player x' name you're fucking price lads'.

I was thinking the same last night, but when you consider that they lost the CL this season and I imagine a large number of people will have cancelled, I'm sure they are delighted to be screening something which absolutely every man and his dog is talking about just now, meaning they are probably getting more people subscribing just now, even if just for the last month.

Yeah - i still think they want the teams with the biggest budgets/stadiums to be winning though. This is certainly a spanner in the works!

Still not the same as being at the game the moment you win it

• My Team:Dundee

Speaking from experience eh?

Anyway, Leicester to win the league at Old Trafford,  then presented with the trophy at home, and finally a guard of honour at Stamford Bridge on the last day?

That would definitely do.

Leicester will win the league pumping Everton at home and a good day will be had by all.

I can see them winning it at Old Trafford. Van Gaal would love to leave Utd with the title being won there.

Archived