The Partick Thistle thread

15 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Best bit about our upturn in form is the oddball fan(s) who seem to take perverse joy in us losing are very quiet.

Long may it continue.

Lol. So you regard posters not saying anything better than your team winning. Pretty sad life you must lead.

Edited by Highlandmagar

Been trying to find what the prize money differential between 3rd and 4th is for this year but it's not an easy google. Last year it was about £90k so that's a reasonable estimate, definitely worth hanging onto 3rd. Would be insanely optimistic to think we'll catch Raith now so them beating Airdrie in midweek is undoubtedly best for us. Think if we beat Airdrie in 2 weeks that would be enough to get 3rd. 

Is McBeth suspended for that game? Today was his 6th booking since he signed which is quite an impressive feat for someone who arrived in January. I know in England you have to collect a certain amount of bookings by the first half of the season then it's doubled but again the only SFA rulebook I can find dates from 2017-18 and says 6 at any point in the season is a 1 game suspension but I have something in my head saying that's changed.

edit: Graham got 6 bookings in the league last season but didn't appear to miss any games because of them

Edited by Fuctifano

18 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Is McBeth suspended for that game? Today was his 6th booking since he signed which is quite an impressive feat for someone who arrived in January. I know in England you have to collect a certain amount of bookings by the first half of the season then it's doubled but again the only SFA rulebook I can find dates from 2017-18 and says 6 at any point in the season is a 1 game suspension but I have something in my head saying that's changed.

edit: Graham got 6 bookings in the league last season but didn't appear to miss any games because of them

If you get 6 yellows in the first 18 games of the Championship season, it would result in a one match ban served seven days later. As we're in the second 18 games of the season, Luke would need to get 12 yellows to get a two match ban served from seven days later - this does include the playoffs.

Very disappointing that Lawless is probably out for the season. He’s not been at his best in recent weeks but our complete lack of wide cover means it’s surely a huge concern heading into the final games & play-offs. 

Not signing a winger in January always looked a poor decision, the drop off to someone else playing out of position has been quite large (the livi cup game FFS) and also hasn't allowed us to rest or rotate Lawless and Fitzpatrick, our injury luck with those two being fit nearly all season has evidently run out but both have been poor of late which can't have been helped by playing every game.

McInroy might be the least bad alternative at right wing if we want to keep the same shape, alternatively we can go 3-5-2 with one of Fitzpatrick and Robinson playing beside Graham and the other as a number 10, but can't see Doolan changing shape this late in the season.

Terrible news for the remainder of the season.

I'm guessing either a like for like swap with Zander Mackenzie (which is a big drop off from Lawless), or possibly shifting Fitzpatrick to the right side and playing Ngwenya as a LW. Because as @Fuctifano says above, not sure we'll change the shape at this point.

Edited by Nightmare

On 06/04/2024 at 21:59, Fuctifano said:

Been trying to find what the prize money differential between 3rd and 4th is for this year but it's not an easy google. Last year it was about £90k so that's a reasonable estimate, definitely worth hanging onto 3rd. Would be insanely optimistic to think we'll catch Raith now so them beating Airdrie in midweek is undoubtedly best for us. Think if we beat Airdrie in 2 weeks that would be enough to get 3rd. 

Saw this on Airdrie thread

IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1273.jpeg

•  

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Aye that’s a sickener.

We probably weren’t going to be going up anyway, but that basically kills it for me. Just need to consolidate third place, take the prize money and move on to next season. The only bright side is I guess that a run in the team will do Zander MacKenzie no harm (assuming that’s who we go with).

Edit: he’s also fucked for the first half of next season, to add insult to injury. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Club website has wee Stevie out till early 2025 due to ruptured achilles. Devasting for him (hope his op goes well this week and he gets back fit sooner than later)and the Club at this stage in the season. As has been said no like for like replacement so playoffs(if we make them ) pretty much now out of grasp unless Dools and Co have a cunning plan.

Edited by I Clavdivs

6 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Club website has wee Stevie out till early 2025 due to ruptured achilles. Devasting for him (hope his op goes well this week and he gets back fit sooner than later)and the Club at this stage in the season. As has been said no like for like replacement so playoffs(if we make them ) pretty much now out of grasp unless Dools and Co have a cunning plan.

An injury that serious at his age could be career threatening.

An absolute stinker of a situation both for Lawless and the team.

Edited by Nightmare

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

An injury that serious at his age could be career threatening.

An absolute stinker of a situation both for Lawless and the team.

Unfortunately not a good injury at any stage in you're career.

3 minutes ago, TimBob said:

Terrible news all round. Ricco Diack in for Lawless? He's played there a few times as a sub.

Problem with that is if BBG goes down we're really knackered.

23 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Problem with that is if BBG goes down we're really knackered.

Assuming we make playoffs and Ayr don't , is there anything stopping us from using Dowds for remainder of season ?.If so the Diack backup plan for wee Stevie might work with a more direct line to goal mouth rather than skinning your man and crossing from touchline.....or am I just clutching at straws ?.

Edited by I Clavdivs

Just now, I Clavdivs said:

Assuming we make playoffs and Ayr don't , is there anything stopping us from using Dowds for reamainder of season ?.If so the Diack backup plan for wee Stevie might work with a more direct line to goal mouth rather than skinning your man and crossing from touchline.....or am I just clutching at straws ?.

We can't recall Dowds now, it's window to window. 

Just now, I Clavdivs said:

Assuming we make playoffs and Ayr don't , is there anything stopping us from using Dowds for reamainder of season ?.If so the Diack backup plan for wee Stevie might work with a more direct line to goal mouth rather than skinning your man and crossing from touchline.....or am I just clutching at straws ?.

Yes. We're now outside the squad registration window and he's registered to Ayr until it opens after the season.