The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Aye big Williams is pretty rubbish, but at least he's our player.  It does look like our recruitment could be a bit better tbh. Signing Williams who'd never really kicked a ball at senior level, Neilson who is untested and more recently Ross Stewart who isn't any sort of upgrade are big red flags that we haven't a clue what we're doing.

First time seeing Ross Stewart and he genuinely looked like a competition winner IMO.

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Aye big Williams is pretty rubbish, but at least he's our player.  It does look like our recruitment could be a bit better tbh. Signing Williams who'd never really kicked a ball at senior level, Neilson who is untested and more recently Ross Stewart who isn't any sort of upgrade are big red flags that we haven't a clue what we're doing.

Ross Stewart wasn’t signed to be an upgrade on anyone tbf, he was signed at a time when it was thought David Mitchell might have a serious injury, and the club wanted Mason McCready to go and get minutes on loan, so we needed a backup GK. Stewart has always been pretty crap, understood the clamour for Sneddon to be dropped, couldn’t understand anyone thinking Stewart would be any better however. Wonder where Mitchell is at fitness wise. 

Edited by JagsCG

O'Reilly clearly deserves a shot. Neilson being asked to compensate for Muirhead'S deficiencies is harsh. Shocking for the third goal last night but otherwise our best centre half by a distance. Keeper issue feels unfixable at the moment, can't see how you can justify Stewart over Mitchell on Tuesday (and I don't rate Mitchell at all). 

18 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

O'Reilly clearly deserves a shot.

He does, but it’s obviously dependent on his injury.

I’d be happy enough with Mitchell coming back in, but there’s still the question mark over his agent situation and I think if that was going to happen then it’d have happened on Friday. The fact that Ross Stewart is 28 and has played 20 games above the third tier says it all for me really, but we’ll need to see how it goes I guess. 

I'd expect the senior pro in any defence to be talking the young lad through the game.  I like that Neilson wants to play a bit.  I watched a non-league game down here today and the amount of aimless passing between the defenders was driving me mad.  Use the ball.  O'Reilly seems to have a good rep and I hope he can help Neilson with his decision making, if we can get him fit and Muirhead gets a rest.

18 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Ross Stewart wasn’t signed to be an upgrade on anyone tbf, he was signed at a time when it was thought David Mitchell might have a serious injury, and the club wanted Mason McCready to go and get minutes on loan, so we needed a backup GK. Stewart has always been pretty crap, understood the clamour for Sneddon to be dropped, couldn’t understand anyone thinking Stewart would be any better however. Wonder where Mitchell is at fitness wise. 

Was he signed to give other teams points? If so he is a bloody company man if I ever seen one

1 minute ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

😬😬😬

Fair enough theres x3 home games in there, but thats a horrific set of fixtures on paper to have with our current form/head to head against Raith Rovers and Dundee Utd...

I wasn't buying the notion that Partick had any chance of dropping out of the playoffs but looking at that, that's another -12 on the goal difference.

On 24/02/2024 at 20:02, paddymcp said:

First time seeing Ross Stewart and he genuinely looked like a competition winner IMO.

X2. 

If he persists with this same goalkeeper and defensive set up which is leaking 4 or 3 goals a game he deserves the sack for his lack of balls/brains. 

8 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

😬😬😬

Fair enough theres x3 home games in there, but thats a horrific set of fixtures on paper to have with our current form/head to head against Raith Rovers and Dundee Utd...

We've (Ayr) just played both DU and RR and lost 2-1 to both...they're no great shares...we played DU off the park and got our pockets picked due to errors by our GK...really should have beaten them and deserved at keast a draw against RR...again silly errors beat us....on form I think your toughest game will be Morton.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

f**k sake. Hopefully, assuming it’s true, the culprit is identified and banned permanently.

I’m surprised the club posted this, in this manner.

It’s since come out that the boy had severe learning disabilities and obviously that doesn’t excuse this behaviour, words absolutely need to be had.

if the club know what happened then I am unsure how they wouldn’t know that this person was in some way vulnerable.

Im not sure if the new info changes how the club approach the situation? 

It’s “learned behaviour” at the end of the day and this needs to be addressed with the person and their carers/parents -  but the post itself has gained a bit of traction and a bit of a social media pile-on because nobody has any context. 

thoughts are with Tomi as this must be an extremely frustrating and angering thing to happen, especially in 2024.

On 29/02/2024 at 20:19, BigMadMental said:

I’m surprised the club posted this, in this manner.

It’s since come out that the boy had severe learning disabilities and obviously that doesn’t excuse this behaviour, words absolutely need to be had.

if the club know what happened then I am unsure how they wouldn’t know that this person was in some way vulnerable.

Im not sure if the new info changes how the club approach the situation? 

It’s “learned behaviour” at the end of the day and this needs to be addressed with the person and their carers/parents -  but the post itself has gained a bit of traction and a bit of a social media pile-on because nobody has any context. 

thoughts are with Tomi as this must be an extremely frustrating and angering thing to happen, especially in 2024.

Didnt realise that about the person shouting the abuse. Hopefully it was clamped down on and there wasnt arseholes encouraging or laughing at those comments at the time.

But be that as it may, fully support the statement/message from the club to reinforce thats its absolutely not on. Regardless of circumstance.

Hopefully Tomi wasnt too badly effected by it. And also hope the perpetrator gets the reeducation and support they need so it never happens again.

Fucking soul destroying this pish is still kicking about in 2024.

Brilliant heart on his sleeve article by Brian Graham in today’s Sunday Mail, best I’ve read for a while.
I’ve followed his career since he broke through at Morton and was given an unfathomable time of it by our fans. 

I told his Dad Danny that Brian has a 1 in 3 scoring rate throughout his career, and he replied “1 in 2”. I looked it up and he’s correct! Phenomenal return at every level he’s played at!

When he scores against Morton he celebrates like a maniac, which I love about him! Not against my club but against some of our horrible so called fans.

^ For anyone who wants a read, that Sunday Mail article is pasted into the 'Scrapbook' tab of Brian Graham's page →

Most of post-United match updates now in place at the Archive, including the first 'Scrapbook' tab on a match hub for a number of years. Like Lawless and Graham we're on a bit of a run in terms of Video Highlights, now 101-in-a-row, almost 2 years-not-out! There are three video productions to savour (so far) this week. Don't miss 'The Story of the Match' video from DUTV, it's absolutely stunning...

Thistle 1 United 1 →

:detective:  CONSISTENT LAWLESS & GRAHAM

Referee Matthew MacDermid (who refused to send off either of Docherty or Moult for dirty play) takes charge of just his 4th Thistle match, yet 3 of them have been versus Dundee United this season.
Steven Lawless reaches 54-not-out in competitive action, a new personal best, and the longest run of any Thistle player in the last 5 years.
Brian Graham scores after 115 secs, but it's only his second-quickest goal as a Jag, having netted in 73 secs against Ayr United in September 2023.
Brian Graham's goal means that he has now scored in a 14th consecutive month for Thistle in competitive action, extending his unique club-record.
● For the first time, Brian Graham scores in a 4th consecutive game for Thistle, albeit he matched this on a personal level in July 2021 (having missed a game in-between). The club-record (8) lies with Scott McLean, set in November 2000.
● 51-goal Partick Thistle remain top scorers in the League and 15-goal Brian Graham once again moves to outright top scorer in the Championship.
● Thistle go 6 competitive games without a win, the longest winless run under Kris Doolan.

ongoing sequences:
● 54 consecutive competitive appearances for Steven Lawless, 18th Feb 2023 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: Blair Spittal - 57 games, 31st Mar 2018 to 4th May 2019. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

GHxQKSLXIAADh8h.jpeg

Edited by The Thistle Archive

10 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

^ For anyone who wants a read, that Sunday Mail article is pasted into the 'Scrapbook' tab of Brian Graham's page →

Most of post-United match updates now in place at the Archive, including the first 'Scrapbook' tab on a match hub for a number of years. Like Lawless and Graham we're on a bit of a run in terms of Video Highlights, now 101-in-a-row, almost 2 years-not-out! There are three video productions to savour (so far) this week. Don't miss 'The Story of the Match' video from DUTV, it's absolutely stunning...

Thistle 1 United 1 →

:detective:  CONSISTENT LAWLESS & GRAHAM

Referee Matthew MacDermid (who refused to send off either of Docherty or Moult for dirty play) takes charge of just his 4th Thistle match, yet 3 of them have been versus Dundee United this season.
Steven Lawless reaches 54-not-out in competitive action, a new personal best, and the longest run of any Thistle player in the last 5 years.
Brian Graham scores after 115 secs, but it's only his second-quickest goal as a Jag, having netted in 73 secs against Ayr United in September 2023.
Brian Graham's goal means that he has now scored in a 14th consecutive month for Thistle in competitive action, extending his unique club-record.
● For the first time, Brian Graham scores in a 4th consecutive game for Thistle, albeit he matched this on a personal level in July 2021 (having missed a game in-between). The club-record (8) lies with Scott McLean, set in November 2000.
● 51-goal Partick Thistle remain top scorers in the League and 15-goal Brian Graham once again moves to outright top scorer in the Championship.
● Thistle go 6 competitive games without a win, the longest winless run under Kris Doolan.

ongoing sequences:
● 54 consecutive competitive appearances for Steven Lawless, 18th Feb 2023 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: Blair Spittal - 57 games, 31st Mar 2018 to 4th May 2019. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

GHxQKSLXIAADh8h.jpeg

Brilliant work again 👏

Notice Thistle's defence is leaking goals again. Just wondering how much yon Lewis Neilson has to do with that sad state of affairs?