Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Or my fiance.

You'll have to be your own fiance?

Bit modern, but you're harming nobody. More power to you.

12 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Desperately searching P&B for posts about the ***s to greet about, whilst pished between 1and 2am on a Friday morning. Holy f**k 😂

Sometime you make a baws of it.  I did and owe @roverthemoonan apology as I took his post wrongly.  The rest of my posts on the 'last movie' thread were shite.

Stop getting Bond Welsh wrong!
Swanney was played by Peter Mullan. Irvine Welsh played the other dealer, Mikey Forrester, who sold Renton his suppositories. He also appears in the sequel, where he seems to have been promoted to become a fence. 

Baws. I knew he was in it, couldn't remember the character.
Haven't watched the first in donkies and watched the sequel once a couple of years back.
T2 - terminator 2 good
T2 - trainspotting 2 not so good

Irvine Welsh's most underrated work was Kingdom Of Fife from his short story book, If You Liked School, You'll love work. The rest of the stories were shite in fairness but that was excellent and up there with his best work.

Could do with Moomin rejoining want to ask him some questions about Tesco they're doing my head in a bit lately. 

Back as Perkin Tory, sorry Perkin Flump.

[mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention] is your man Shirley?  

I’d want to speak to the organ grinder and not the monkey (no racist).

Baws. I knew he was in it, couldn't remember the character.
Haven't watched the first in donkies and watched the sequel once a couple of years back.
T2 - terminator 2 good
T2 - trainspotting 2 not so good
They do have one thing in common: they're both inferior to their predecessors.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sometime you make a baws of it.  I did and owe @roverthemoonan apology as I took his post wrongly.  The rest of my posts on the 'last movie' thread were shite.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye.  About 8 (eight) pages of dreck about a Rangers fan.

The diddies, though, eh?

What's the difference between these two posts? 

About 15 units baby!

18 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Irvine Welsh's most underrated work was Kingdom Of Fife from his short story book, If You Liked School, You'll love work. The rest of the stories were shite in fairness but that was excellent and up there with his best work.

Agreed. I really enjoyed that one

22 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I can’t remember which short story in the book it’s from, but the story about the boy who went to lawn bowls with his grandad had the tears streaming down my face. 

“total fitba? Total bools”

36 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I can’t remember which short story in the book it’s from, but the story about the boy who went to lawn bowls with his grandad had the tears streaming down my face. 

“total fitba? Total bools”

I remember the line but cannot think what story it's from.

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Agreed. I really enjoyed that one

Is that the one with the lad from Cowdenbeath whose pal gets decapitated? 

Has Bedroom Secrets of The Masterchefs been mentioned? Great book. Likewise The Sex Lives of Siamese Twins.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Is that the one with the lad from Cowdenbeath whose pal gets decapitated? 

Has Bedroom Secrets of The Masterchefs been mentioned? Great book. Likewise The Sex Lives of Siamese Twins.

Did not like Sex Lives, perhaps a personal thing but I don't enjoy his stuff when he tries to write stuff about folk outside Scotland, just doesn't work for me.

Best in my opinion is Glue, perhaps my favourite book of all time.

Glue was superb, yeah.

I really liked some of the stories in Acid House - think one of my favourite bits from the stories  is when the narrator simply couldn't be fucked turning the hot water on and blagged his way through it, getting sympathy from all the 5's players.

edit: although the bit where Madonna and Kylie Minogue are fantasizing about Johnny the apprentice joiner was a close second.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely