Blast From The Past!

15 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

When I was a kid a guy down the street had one of these.  Was considered cool as f**k at the time!

.h4uqeX8bWa4Yh8lufm5f76sUfm7nAhwdjDYsmmGm

An Opel Manta?  You're from Motherwell(ish) and about my age.  There can't have been more than one about.

Still, cool AF.

Edit:  Referencing another post - I am 95% convinced that the chip shop when you came out of Motherwell Baths and turned right (the one just up from the library) was Gino's rather than Mario's.

Edited by The_Kincardine

If we’re doing ‘yer da’s company car’  mine hit his peak with one of these. Granada Ghia 2.8. Seemed like something unworldly at the time. Had to wash it weekly for my pocket money but the wheels were an utter bitch to clean. 😂

AC553116-7F19-431A-87A4-9261F3737214.jpeg

Edited by alta-pete

22 hours ago, coprolite said:

When i were a lad, the year 2000 was so futuristic it had a dystopian comic named after it. Now it's a "blast from the past" images.jpeg.253c1512cbf44a1f456a2183e8e85203.jpeg

I grew up thinking the World Cup in Japan was so far away in the future. Scary to think it was 18 years ago.

7 hours ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

When I started work (at 17), I thought the folk who had 2 years service were old timers. 34 years later....

Last week was my 41st anniversary of starting work...thoroughly depressing! My second line manager is 34 to make matters worse.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_inline_p7g65g8AU41qhyw63_500.png

i was a huge fan of Moviedrome in my youth. For the uninitiated, this was a BBC2 series devoted to cult classic movies. It was on a Sunday night and each film was introduced by Alex Cox. 

I developed a real love for cult movies watching Moviedrome.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

On 19/03/2020 at 08:04, tongue_tied_danny said:

You never see custom cars these days...

1.Ford_Pop_Hot_Rod_in_Commercial_Street_Dundee.jpg.acd52f16a16a5620021229b9a9b25b3b.jpg

Shitty Max Power boy racer efforts don't count. It's time for a custom car revival...

That looks like Commercial Street in Dundee.

BTW agree with you about a custom car revival.

19 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

tumblr_inline_p7g65g8AU41qhyw63_500.png

i was a huge fan of Moviedrome in my youth. For the uninitiated, this was a BBC2 series devoted to cult classic movies. It was on a Sunday night and each film was introduced by Alex Cox. 

I developed a real love for cult movies watching Moviedrome.

Used to enjoy Moviedrome on BBC 2. Very influential for me in finding some unusual independent movies.

Cox directed Sid & Nancy, Repo Man which were pretty decent films.