"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

F'ck me!

Ooft.

Despite all the doom and gloom in the description of the use of 'Division 1' has irritated me the most. 

Is that kit deal normal? £125k minimum per season, so we need to sell 2500 tops before we break even. Before we even consider other costs with selling them. 

I still also can't get my head around our cost for a season being over £1.5m at this level. Let alone that being our shortfall. 

• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Savage also mentions the 'Brora Rangers centre forward', who I presume he means Jordan MacRae.  He's one of the 4/5 HL players we should be signing in the summer on free transfers IMO (99% of HL players will be on 1 year deals).  We should be getting him back to the club.  I think he was released in 2016 aged 17/18.

The only hurdle would be these boys will all have day jobs.

Ah, Ardersier's most prominent footballing export. My mam worked at the Primary School when he was there & is always asking for updates on how he's getting on, & the answer is usually "scoring goals"

Does seem like someone at least worth a try at League 1 or 2 level assuming they are happy to have part-time players.

Just seen RIG's post.

"1) we intend to set up a Crowdfunding Page, where pledges of cash can be made to a ‘Save ICT Fund” Unless the Appeal can raise £200k immediately, and certainly by Wednesday, 16th October, then Administration is inevitable, because the Club would be insolvent."

Best will in the world, 2 weeks to raise a fifth of a million seems pretty unlikely unless very wealthy people dip into their pockets. Best of luck, but that looks staggeringly bleak. A chairman isn't using a phrase like "finding a credible buyer is highly aspirational" lightly

1 minute ago, fishy said:

Ooft.

Despite all the doom and gloom in the description of the use of 'Division 1' has irritated me the most. 

Is that kit deal normal? £125k minimum per season, so we need to sell 2500 tops before we break even. Before we even consider other costs with selling them. 

I still also can't get my head around our cost for a season being over £1.5m at this level. Let alone that being our shortfall. 

Far as I can tell everything about the kit deal seems like absolute shitehousery from Gardiner, who was just unbelievably unqualified for the job he had, despite it not being his first role.

Edited by forkboy

Just now, RiG said:

One of many sentences in that statement to unpack.

I am staggered that our losses for 23/24 are projected to be double what they were the season before. We've allegedly been cutting back for years yet we still return eye watering losses and now we are forecasting even more significant deficits for 23/24 and 24/25. Where is all this money going? What is it being spent on?

The way this club has been run over the last few years, and the last two especially, is simply appalling. 

That's what Jamie MacKinnon said on the podcast.  What the utter fuck are we spending money on?  Apart from Ferguson's mental wages of course.

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

At the start of the the 96/97 season while in the old Division 2 most of the team went full time, things were obviously different then but most who went full time gave up their day jobs, like I say there was a very different feel to the club then of optimism and a hunger for success unlike the despondency cloud that surrounds us now but if we manage to put the financial woes down and we bring in players as mentioned above the way we were could return. A glass half full rather than the obvious.

You're delusional.

Great stuff.

"2) any innovative ideas for raising substantial funding, that might have been overlooked by us as a Board, can be e mailed to us at panos.thomas@ictfc.co.uk"

Wait til Panos hears about my patented Euromillions Strategy.

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

The way this club has been run over the last few years, and the last two especially, is simply appalling. 

Gardiner and the rest of your previous board probably deserve jail for how they've utterly mismanaged your club.

3 minutes ago, fishy said:

Ooft.

2 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Far as I can tell everything about the kit deal seems like absolute shitehousery from Gardiner, who was just unbelievably unqualified for the job he had, despite it not being his first role.

The kit deal is f'cking mental. Based on that we'd need to sell at least 2,500 strips to balance it out. I am not sure we'd come close to that.

Gardiner must've been taking some cash himself from some of these deals. The fact that the board let him run the club with little or no oversight is an absolute disgrace.

Just now, Stephen Malkmus said:

Great stuff.

"2) any innovative ideas for raising substantial funding, that might have been overlooked by us as a Board, can be e mailed to us at panos.thomas@ictfc.co.uk"

Are there any rides in the Caley squad? Maybe Panos could set them up an onlyfans. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Are there any rides in the Caley squad? Maybe Panos could set them up an onlyfans. 

Not since Robbie Deas left IMO.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

A couple of months back I mentioned that we should be trawling the HL for players,  reason being that that type of player did us well in our early days coming through the lower leagues, however one or two posters rubbished that idea so I'm glad the club is looking at that possibility.

As for the day jobs if we can offer them full time I'm sure they will prefer their sport.

Almost always, the best part-time team in Scotland is better than the worst full-time team. There are very good players around who aren't giving up their job as a teacher (most earn £48,500 or above) or whatever, plus their part-time football income, to take a pay cut for a one-year full-time contract at a club facing administration. 

9 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Great stuff.

Got my tickets for Friday night brother 🤞🏻

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Funnily enough I actually thought this lad looked a player on they highlights but then again Mark Stowe looked like the second coming of Arjen Robben before coming to Gayfield from Linlithgow Rose

Linlithgow Rose fans, who watched him every week and not just his goals on YouTube, were not massively sad to see him go. His one trick of cutting inside and shooting into the far corner was very effective but he didn't have much else and he was infuriating in his unwillingness to pass. Also, he had a great chance to put us ahead in a cup tie against Raith Rovers and blew it, which suggested to me that he might not have the composure to play at a much higher level. 

The lesson to be learned: never trust a highlights reel.