Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

My wife won't ask me when she wants something, she'll speak round it and around it and get angry if I'm not paying attention and pick up on her wee cues. This is not a good situation as I'm of a mind that if you want something then ask and I'll say aye or no. Its almost always aye so where's the worry. So it frustrates the hell outa me when she doesn't ask. How bloody hard is it to say you want to go to fuckin Aldi! 

On 06/08/2023 at 12:32, Boo Khaki said:

She cooks exactly the same thing. The kitchen would look like a bomb had gone off. Every pot, pan, utensil, chopping board, colander, grater, peeler, plate and bowl we owned, including stuff I had never seen that must have been hidden away at the back of some cupboard, would be piled up, utterly filthy, waiting to be washed. 

She went to make a cup of hot chocolate tonight, and goes straight to the cupboard to get a glass jug. When I asked what that's for, I'm told it's to heat the milk up in in the microwave. I go, can you not just heat it up in the cup? She was taken aback I do it that way, even although earlier in the day she had warmed up soup in a cup in the microwave.

She always leaves dishes for me to do when she's done tea. I don't mind much because she does washing and most hoovering, dusting etc. 

What i do mind is her new habit she's started, of leaving chopping boards or oven trays by the side of the sink but slightly overlapping the edge of the sink. Put stuff in the sink or beside it. Not a bit of both you fucking lunatic. 

This is just the latest in a line of minor dishwashing irritations that I'm starting to think may be a pattern of abuse. 

Dirty teacups, not by or in the sink, but shoved in a corner so i don't notice them till after i've "finished" the dishes. Dirty teaspoons rinsed on one side only and put on the draining board.  Throwing out the last scourer when it's been out less than a day. She's definitely trying to goad me into a rage.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

She always leaves dishes for me to do when she's done tea. I don't mind much because she does washing and most hoovering, dusting etc. 

What i do mind is her new habit she's started, of leaving chopping boards or oven trays by the side of the sink but slightly overlapping the edge of the sink. Put stuff in the sink or beside it. Not a bit of both you fucking lunatic. 

This is just the latest in a line of minor dishwashing irritations that I'm starting to think may be a pattern of abuse. 

Dirty teacups, not by or in the sink, but shoved in a corner so i don't notice them till after i've "finished" the dishes. Dirty teaspoons rinsed on one side only and put on the draining board.  Throwing out the last scourer when it's been out less than a day. She's definitely trying to goad me into a rage.

I won't go into Mrs p's habit of turning the sink into a game of crockery ker-plunk. I will focus more on her habit of putting all the dry dishes right next to the yet to be washed dirty ones instead of in whatever cupboard they belong to so that when I pick one up in my dishwashing zone state and wash it again she rages that ",it's already been washed , what are u doing !!!!?" Maybe put the f*cking things away , do you think I'm looking for miniscule food deposits before deciding whether it needs washed or not ? No , the system is everything to my right needs washed , everything to my left has been washed!!

Taking an age to buy anything in a shop. She could go into a shop, all they'd have would be the one thing she needed, and she'd still be in there all fucking day.

Edited by philpy

4 minutes ago, philpy said:

Taking an age to buy anything in a shop. She could go into a shop, all they'd have would be the one thing she needed, and she'd still be in there all fucking day.

😂 Set off to visit folk last week so stopped at Asda as she wanted to take flowers and chocolates. 20 minutes later she comes back. I aked if the shop was busy. 'No, really quiet'. Seems asking if she was waiting for the flowers to bloom was the wrong reply.

On 11/08/2023 at 00:08, stimpy said:

My wife won't ask me when she wants something, she'll speak round it and around it and get angry if I'm not paying attention and pick up on her wee cues. This is not a good situation as I'm of a mind that if you want something then ask and I'll say aye or no. Its almost always aye so where's the worry. So it frustrates the hell outa me when she doesn't ask. How bloody hard is it to say you want to go to fuckin Aldi! 

Before that last line I was convinced this was about her NKC.

We work at the same place. And we have a routine - I drive, and she has her music on in the mornings, and on the way home I get some decent tunes on. 

This morning, dropping her off outside her building, loads of people milling about including a few folk I know. She is exiting the car and all the bystanders hear is Steps blaring out of the speakers of my car, with me in the driving seat. 

Absolute beamer. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

We work at the same place. And we have a routine - I drive, and she has her music on in the mornings, and on the way home I get some decent tunes on. 

This morning, dropping her off outside her building, loads of people milling about including a few folk I know. She is exiting the car and all the bystanders hear is Steps blaring out of the speakers of my car, with me in the driving seat. 

Absolute beamer. 

Tragedy

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Absolute beamer. 

The best solution in this scenario is to take a deep calming breath and count to ten*

*starting at five

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Absolute beamer. 

Better Best Forgotten

21 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Absolute beamer. 

She's probably not that bad, and anyway Better The Devil You Know.

23 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Absolute beamer. 

I'd have expected you went a Deeper Shade of Blue. 

I emptied a basin of water down the sink this morning and some of it came out through the bottom of the cupboard door. Spent about 45 minutes investigating (a seal on a pipe has degraded and come away) cleaning, and booking a plumber, while keeping any resulting excess water in the basin in the sink.

She gets up at her usual leisurely hour, listens to me summarise the position then empties the basin down the sink. 

Then, while protesting that she is not, in fact, dim witted (i disagreed) she turned the fucking tap on! 

On 15/08/2023 at 12:51, scottsdad said:

Absolute beamer. 

Is this what happens every morning, when you say goodbye