c***s on the road

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

See also: roundabouts in Spain.

It's the closest you can feel to being a Formula 1 driver - commit to the move, or die

Yup. Going by my hire car experience last year, on approach to a roundabout all lanes are for the exit in all directions. Mental the number of times I had to stop halfway round because someone in the outside lane flew past in front of me when I tried to exit.

I posted this on the wrong thread. 

Why do folks sit at traffic lights with their foot on the brake, the high level brake lights blind the folks at the back of you ya feckin arsehole. Use the feckin handbrake and be a bit more considerate, have you never sat behind a ringpiece like yourself and thought “that’s feckin annoying?
 HANDBRAKE! 

Driving in Spain & France a few years ago, my wife was watching the feed from my smartwatch on the phone. She said my pulse rate shot up at the big roundabouts, the worst being a ridiculous one in Valencia. I could have told her that without the watch - it's amazing how tightly your buttocks can grip onto the seat when you're shitting it. 

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

See also: roundabouts in Spain.

It's the closest you can feel to being a Formula 1 driver - commit to the move, or die

Roundabouts (circles) here in the Philippines. Rule is clear i.e. same as in the UK so vehicles on them have priority but 75% of drivers have decided to ignore this which means every one is an accident waiting to happen.  

ETA - I just found this little gem which perhaps explains the above confusion as it starts off saying one thing and then suggesting the opposite! 

Who has priority in roundabout Philippines?
Rotonda courtesies
That means drivers about to enter the circular junction must yield to those who are currently on it. Of course, that doesn't mean drivers on the roundabout should not give way to those about to merge; they must still let other motorists enter, more so if they are far ahead.
Edited by hk blues

6 hours ago, Wacky said:

I posted this on the wrong thread. 

Why do folks sit at traffic lights with their foot on the brake, the high level brake lights blind the folks at the back of you ya feckin arsehole. Use the feckin handbrake and be a bit more considerate, have you never sat behind a ringpiece like yourself and thought “that’s feckin annoying?
 HANDBRAKE! 

A lot of modern automatics and probably manual cars as well have this electric handbrake with autohold, so when it stops it's essentially using the footbrake to hold the car and dazzle cars behind them unless you actually engage the handbrake. I've got one, I've never verified this though and could be talking complete shite. What you're talking about used to annoy the f**k out of me, but now I don't care as I'm probably getting my own back inadvertently.  

6 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Driving in Spain & France a few years ago, my wife was watching the feed from my smartwatch on the phone. She said my pulse rate shot up at the big roundabouts, the worst being a ridiculous one in Valencia. I could have told her that without the watch - it's amazing how tightly your buttocks can grip onto the seat when you're shitting it. 

Just drive as if you always have right of way even if you don't. That's the key. I quite like them as it's chaos rules and you just go for it and see what happens. It's like when a pundit says if you don't commit fully to the tackle you're more likely to get injured. Just pile on in there, take a leap of faith even if cars are flying past you/in front of you.

Edited by 2426255

8 minutes ago, thistledo said:

A lot of modern automatics and probably manual cars as well have this electric handbrake with autohold, so when it stops it's essentially using the footbrake to hold the car and dazzle cars behind them unless you actually engage the handbrake. I've got one, I've never verified this though and could be talking complete shite. What you're talking about used to annoy the f**k out of me, but now I don't care as I'm probably getting my own back inadvertently.  

Still gets on ma thrupenny bits. 

Italy was the worst in terms of driving for me. I'm sure on the roundabouts who had right of way was determined by which was the more 'main' road. So if you were deemed to be on a minor road you had to stop in the middle of the roundabout to give way. A shite state of affairs all round.

6 hours ago, Wacky said:

HANDBRAKE! 

My wife does this, sad to say. Her car has "Eco Stop/Start", so when she brakes and stops at the lights the engine turns off. If she lifts her foot off the brake, the engine starts again which she doesn't like, so she keeps her foot on the brake.

On the rare occasions I drive it, I turn off the Eco feature before setting off. If I forget, I flick on the park brake and just let the engine start again. As Humza Yousaf would say, f**k the Greens!

Roundabouts, again. Cumbernauld, again. The roundabout at Tesco Craigmarloch, again. Just about every day, I’m the ‘blue car’ in this image, coming up to the roundabout, to go straight through following the ‘blue car’ line. If I don’t go straight through, I’ll be turning left into the Tesco. The ‘red car’ image here, is the ‘kunt’ image, because this is where the kunts who cannot be arsed waiting behind a couple of ‘blue cars’ try to bomb past and cut across to go straight through the roundabout. The ‘straight through’ at this roundabout is single lane. Every, fcuking, day. Kuntos.

F18FC9BB-7D07-489E-94F9-94C97CDB897A.jpeg

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Roundabouts, again. Cumbernauld, again. The roundabout at Tesco Craigmarloch, again. Just about every day, I’m the ‘blue car’ in this image, coming up to the roundabout, to go straight through following the ‘blue car’ line. If I don’t go straight through, I’ll be turning left into the Tesco. The ‘red car’ image here, is the ‘kunt’ image, because this is where the kunts who cannot be arsed waiting behind a couple of ‘blue cars’ try to bomb past and cut across to go straight through the roundabout. The ‘straight through’ at this roundabout is single lane. Every, fcuking, day. Kuntos.

F18FC9BB-7D07-489E-94F9-94C97CDB897A.jpeg

Is the right hand lane on approach clearly indicated/marked as right turn only?

If not then it’s clearly set by the road planners as a race to the 2nd exit.

Try ramming the kunts off the road!

CCTV enthusiasts will love to watch the ensuing rage. 😂 

I often have to go into the left hand lane of an exit from a roundabout. The exit is on the right, 270 degrees , third exit. There’s no official lanes on the roundabout or entry road although the traffic usually settles into two unofficial lanes on approach and on the roundabout. 

Should I be going in the left hand approach? I go on the right and cut across on exit, even though I think I should exit into the right hand lane then change, strictly. But other c***s come all the way round on my left sometimes. I suspect they’re in the wrong because they’re usually in Audis. 

What’s the rules here?

37 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I often have to go into the left hand lane of an exit from a roundabout. The exit is on the right, 270 degrees , third exit. There’s no official lanes on the roundabout or entry road although the traffic usually settles into two unofficial lanes on approach and on the roundabout. 

Should I be going in the left hand approach? I go on the right and cut across on exit, even though I think I should exit into the right hand lane then change, strictly. But other c***s come all the way round on my left sometimes. I suspect they’re in the wrong because they’re usually in Audis. 

What’s the rules here?

I suppose it partly depends on the roads (i.e. some roads off a roundabout are small or take little traffic and local rulez seem to apply).

From what you say, I would take the right lane and watch for people cutting in from the left.

But then..............I drive an Audi 😉

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

What’s the rules here?

Going by the Highway Code, and from how I read your description, I'd be in the right lane

Highway Code Rule 186

Signals and position. When taking the first exit to the left, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• signal left and approach in the left-hand lane
  • keep to the left on the roundabout and continue signalling left to leave.

When taking an exit to the right or going full circle, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• signal right and approach in the right-hand lane
  • keep to the right on the roundabout until you need to change lanes to exit the roundabout
  • signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want.

When taking any intermediate exit, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• select the appropriate lane on approach to the roundabout
  • you should not normally need to signal on approach
  • stay in this lane until you need to alter course to exit the roundabout
  • signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want.

When there are more than three lanes at the entrance to a roundabout, use the most appropriate lane on approach and through it.

This mother fucking roundabout.

If you’re coming along from the right in the picture, the road has two lanes. The right hand lane is only for the asda (4th exit). The left hand lane is for the first three exists, the third of which is well past the 12oclock hand.

Now, ignoring for the moment the c***s who’ll take the right lane to cut you off on the third exit. Should you be indicating right, whilst in the left lane and taking the third exit?

IMG_0996.jpeg

Malta was horrendous. I once stopped at a busy roundabout and the cars behind me started beeping. In Malta you just dive in and expect others to make space.

In the UK, Welsh drivers are the worst. 

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

This mother fucking roundabout.

If you’re coming along from the right in the picture, the road has two lanes. The right hand lane is only for the asda (4th exit). The left hand lane is for the first three exists, the third of which is well past the 12oclock hand.

Now, ignoring for the moment the c***s who’ll take the right lane to cut you off on the third exit. Should you be indicating right, whilst in the left lane and taking the third exit?

IMG_0996.jpeg

Used to do a bit of work there. I was across the road when a guy was shot dead at the Asda.

21 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Used to do a bit of work there. I was across the road when a guy was shot dead at the Asda.

Was he driving a blue or red car?