The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:
Least it aint kfc

KFC > McDonalds

As a meal, I fully agree. 

53 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

What football team has the acronym of kfc?

Only reason I see McDonalds >KFC. 

There's actually kfc (or used to be) engraved on the pavement at the exit on Somerset Road. Annoyed me for years. Obviously a ground worker who supported them did it and thought it was hilarious at the time. 

49 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

As a meal, I fully agree. 

Only reason I see McDonalds >KFC. 

There's actually kfc (or used to be) engraved on the pavement at the exit on Somerset Road. Annoyed me for years. Obviously a ground worker who supported them did it and thought it was hilarious at the time. 

It is actually the birth stone of colonel sanders, the inventor of KFC. His father invented the stamp works during the industrial revolution, was shipped over to the states to popularise his engineering skills while his son was in charge of the tea. Hence the finger lickin chicken

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Only point I’m making is that if this is “the biggest deal in the club’s history” then we have really had a bad history of commercial deals. I’m amazed it’s more than Calvin Ayre gives for Bodog/Bitcoin tbh.

Biggest advertising deal iirc, Bodog/ Coingeek pay more to sponsor us than some Premiership clubs get :lol:

No, sorry, I meant large amounts of money. Obviously money is involved. Just I remember signs like 'Vennal Cameras' & 'Mainline Taxis' who  I presume pay less because they are smaller companies. Mcdonalds is probably the biggest company Ayr would have advertised, so I presume more money? 
It goes on the size of advertising board. Nothing to do with the size of company. Unless they put a bit of extra dosh in.

19 minutes ago, Panda Pies said:
4 hours ago, Roxanne said:
No, sorry, I meant large amounts of money. Obviously money is involved. Just I remember signs like 'Vennal Cameras' & 'Mainline Taxis' who  I presume pay less because they are smaller companies. Mcdonalds is probably the biggest company Ayr would have advertised, so I presume more money? 

It goes on the size of advertising board. Nothing to do with the size of company. Unless they put a bit of extra dosh in.

Yeah, kinda figured that. Just, they all seem relatively the same size surrounding the field :-/

34 minutes ago, Honest_Ally said:

I think this will be the team for Saturday. I'm predicting a draw and win on penalties to go through as group winners.

LINEUP111532642463410.png

Would have Mcdaid for Crawford and move Crawford into middle for Kerr.

Will Geggan be fit? Ferguson for Geggan. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

I think this will be the team for Saturday. I'm predicting a draw and win on penalties to go through as group winners.
LINEUP111532642463410.thumb.png.eeef325003c68f256e96b2aa50e2bf78.png

Wouldn’t be against this but would be very harsh on McGuffie if he was dropped.

I have to ask, as I have looked on the Web and found nothing. 

I play football manager, I'm not the best at it but will conceed it is an addictive game. Obviously, I'm the manager of Ayr united (3rd in Premier league and semi finals in europa league.....20000 seater stadium. ) 

The question I have is regarding Gary Holt. On looking at information on Ayr united, the fans most hated person is Gary Holt. I'm too young to remember who he is, could someone please tell me who he is? I presume he is an ex killie player or something. Did he do something to Ayr united?

1 minute ago, Honest_Ally said:

Me neither I'd prefer to win it in normal time, but it will undoubtedly be our toughest game so far.

And I’d prefer you didn’t lol. 

But I’m very curious to see how our defence get on against your lot, first proper test maybe for both sides.

This should be treated as a cup game now and not a pre season one.  And I’m really looking forward to it.

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I have to ask, as I have looked on the Web and found nothing. 

I play football manager, I'm not the best at it but will conceed it is an addictive game. Obviously, I'm the manager of Ayr united (3rd in Premier league and semi finals in europa league.....20000 seater stadium. ) 

The question I have is regarding Gary Holt. On looking at information on Ayr united, the fans most hated person is Gary Holt. I'm too young to remember who he is, could someone please tell me who he is? I presume he is an ex killie player or something. Did he do something to Ayr united?

Yes he played for them and pretty sure his testimonial against us was meant to be for the Ayrshire cup. 

We put a team out for a Westsound cup. I don’t know the facts but they apparently claimed the cup as an asset before RBoS foreclosed on them.

Keep playing FM 18 pal, I do too lol. 

1 hour ago, Waniche said:

Yes he played for them and pretty sure his testimonial against us was meant to be for the Ayrshire cup. 

We put a team out for a Westsound cup. I don’t know the facts but they apparently claimed the cup as an asset before RBoS foreclosed on them.

So why do Ayr fans hate him so much? Yeah, sure I know it's a game. Though I'd rather be hating on Bobby Williamson, David Fernández or Dean Shiels. I was just asking to see if the hate for this fella is an actual thing, or just a made up part of the game that was close enough so just used. 

Edited by Roxanne's man

9 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Speaking of football manager or the former champ manager, anyone remember signing Mark Kerr.