The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

When Hippolyte came on, Geggan had him on toast, they switched him against Crawford and Smith where he caused us problems.

I know Geggan was playing on his preferred side but his experience to deal with certain players is invaluable, there is life in Geggan yet

Yup, he didn’t give Hippolyte a second and wound him right up.

Petr Murphy had his critics**cough**ITZDRK**cough** but when we came up against guys who had previously caused us problems like Templeman and McCallister, he outclassed them by a mile. Geggan made Hippolyte look ordinary but for a short spell in the second half he became a superstar. 

Murphy was good at the dark arts as well. He knew when to tug a jersey or give a push when the officials weren't looking. Geggan was doing that with Hippolyte today and getting a reaction.

I still love when Murphy got Joe Cardle sent off and you could see him chuckling as he walked away from Cardle. Class.

Speaking of Murphy, I see Annan have started pretty well 10 points from 4 games. 

Murphy could be a classy CB at times but he did worry me occasionally.

Also seem to remember a game at Somerset where he landed awkwardly on his arm but played on while holding the arm to his chest due to us using all of our subs. Was that Murphy?

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Murphy could be a classy CB at times but he did worry me occasionally.

Also seem to remember a game at Somerset where he landed awkwardly on his arm but played on while holding the arm to his chest due to us using all of our subs. Was that Murphy?

Yip, played with a dislocated shoulder 

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Murphy was good at the dark arts as well. He knew when to tug a jersey or give a push when the officials weren't looking. Geggan was doing that with Hippolyte today and getting a reaction.

I still love when Murphy got Joe Cardle sent off and you could see him chuckling as he walked away from Cardle. Class.

Speaking of Murphy, I see Annan have started pretty well 10 points from 4 games. 

Remember him getting McCallister red carded in the last game of the season meaning he'd miss the play-off first leg

Then the second leg at Somerset, shouting at the ref "he keeps nipping me" like a 5yr old Lee Wallace. 

Remember him getting McCallister red carded in the last game of the season meaning he'd miss the play-off first leg
Then the second leg at Somerset, shouting at the ref "he keeps nipping me" like a 5yr old Lee Wallace. 
I'd forgotten all about that, McAllister really threw his toys out the pram

51 minutes ago, munro7 said:

My only issue with Geggan is his distribution which can be dreadful at times. I think eventually Smith & Harvie will be our first choice fullbacks.
Thought Smith did very well on his “wrong” side today.

Yes as much as I love Geggan I think now that Harvie is back he'll make way for Smith on that right hand side and allow Harvie to return to the starting line up. Other than that I think that is potentially our first choice team that we saw today. 

Smith didn't look out of place and even managed to put in a few decent crosses with his supposed weaker foot.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes as much as I love Geggan I think now that Harvie is back he'll make way for Smith on that right hand side and allow Harvie to return to the starting line up. Other than that I think that is potentially our first choice team that we saw today. 

Smith didn't look out of place and even managed to put in a few decent crosses with his supposed weaker foot.

Liam Smith might be the best right back in this division. The idea that there is any doubt about whether he is first choice for Ayr in that position is preposterous.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

What a shift put in by the boys even those that weren't quite on there game, and all adds to a great bunch of boys , come on you absent supporters get in and buy a season , that's the only way this boss will take us further.

Well not keeep Shankland ( just love the boys attitude and the way he applies himself) or some of our better players if you don't come and support the team, easily best group in many years and I've been watching for going on 50 years.

Dunfermline coming to the bowling club and all saying they would have taken a draw before the game we've come a long way in a short time when they fear us.

The Moff, club legend or just decent player? for me he's got to be up there as the best player of the last 10 or 15 years, to only turn pro at 25 and have over 100 senior goals and a be 10th on our all time scorers list is amazing, he has improved so much since his time at the pars and with full time football, pretty certain he will finish his career at Somerset now and hopefully get his 100th goal for the club.

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

The Moff, club legend or just decent player? for me he's got to be up there as the best player of the last 10 or 15 years, to only turn pro at 25 and have over 100 senior goals and a be 10th on our all time scorers list is amazing, he has improved so much since his time at the pars and with full time football, pretty certain he will finish his career at Somerset now and hopefully get his 100th goal for the club.

This. The Moff make this team tick. period.

One of only two players that are irreplaceable and arguable more important to where we finish this season than Shankland.