The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Sure Crawford and Devlin are quite chummy, maybe he's the next to go there now. Should find out next week what he's doing surely, seems he's given a bit more leeway by McCall than everyone else in making a decision.

36 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Nickin my banter noo . Get away wae yi emoji23.pngemoji23.png any hows .

Who wae signing , whits the word on the street ma believers . Any names in the pipeline apart from the Motherwell youth team ?

Boyd signed today but it's being held off announcing until after Crawford leaves to soften the blow.

I did see today that Gary Holt said after the Devlin signing about them signing 1 or 2 next week, did take a bit of a deep breath of concern when i read that hoping one won't be crawford.

With disucssion about Smith and Devlin it has suddenly made me realise we've been pretty blessed in recent seasons at RB, the thought of Ferguson at RB next season gives me the fear.

23 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I did see today that Gary Holt said after the Devlin signing about them signing 1 or 2 next week, did take a bit of a deep breath of concern when i read that hoping one won't be crawford.

With disucssion about Smith and Devlin it has suddenly made me realise we've been pretty blessed in recent seasons at RB, the thought of Ferguson at RB next season gives me the fear.

I’d imagine it will be Geggan when he’s fit. Which in reality probably means it’ll be Ferguson.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yup that’s my thinking.

Regardless of how big a club Livi might be they’re still in the Premiership and which is better than a lower L1 or upper L2 team in England.

He’ll also get more exposure for the Scotland national team which might mean more to him than money.

Edit: Imo Liam Smith is a better all round player.

Smith is far better than Devlin which makes his choice to gamble on Dundee Utd going up all the more bizarre.  

I’d imagine it will be Geggan when he’s fit. Which in reality probably means it’ll be Ferguson.
Which also means playing a RM who will be more defensive minded to offer protection to whichever of the two is playing.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
35 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Which also means playing a RM who will be more defensive minded to offer protection to whichever of the two is playing.

McCall loves a bit of Murdoch on the right tbf.

In terms of numbers , if rumours prove true , then we should have enough on the right hand side of the field .

Geggan Rb and Rm .

Ferguson Rb and Rm .

Aberdeen lad (Harrington) Rb and Ch .

Docherty Cm , Rm  , Rb .

McGuffie Rm .

Forest Rm , Lm , no 10 .

So four guys in there who can play right back . I'm much more concerned about the central midfield area . No mention of anyone coming in . So it looks like Kerr , Murdock and Robbie (if he stays) with Bell , Doc and Adams playing bit parts . I would  have thought this area would have been a bigger priority than left midfield ....

On Smith versus Devlin:

Devlin was much better going forward but was often out of position as a result. Meaning we suffered defensively. Devlin was also a standout in a mediocre team at this level.

Smith is definitely better defensively, gets forward well but seems to have a nose bleed when he gets in the opposition box. Defensively better though, no doubt.

As someone else said we've been blessed at right back. Hopefully Ferguson can continue this trend. 

Ah right that makes Smith a far better , yip , far better player than Devlin . A young lad who at 22 was made Club Capt and went to play over 139 games for the club . Far better but hahahaha .

Ah right that makes Smith a far better , yip , far better player than Devlin . A young lad who at 22 was made Club Capt and went to play over 139 games for the club . Far better but hahahaha .

Over 139 games, does that mean 140??

Devlin is a good player. He stood out for us in some poor squads. Going forward he was excellent, defensively he left a lot to be desired sometimes. I did think he was a good leader on the pitch and his captaincy was a great decision. I'd much rather Smith at RB tho. His composure and defensive know-how is impressive for someone of his age. Gutted he is gone tbh.

Are the local rugby team and Ayr youth lads stealing your ground right enough . Whitletts to Whitletts move on ??

as far i know the rugby club cant move to dam park until everybody that uses it gets alternative arrangements made. Whitletts are hoping to move up to the big astro at Whitletts