The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

A brilliant 2nd half performance from the team after a first half where we got nowhere close enough to put any pressure on a  Thistle player in possession.

We were 2 yards off them all over the pitch for the first 45 minutes and it showed.

We pinned Partick in for long spells of that 2nd half and hopefully it gives the players some continued belief. We looked fitter and stronger than the opposition as well in the 2nd half which hopefully bodes well for the coming weeks.

Far from perfect, especially in that 1st half, but I thought JML and Maguire helped keep an attacking threat for us when they came on.

Edited by BukyOHare

Sounds like a bit of positivity after the crap we have watched for weeks. Let's hope we can stay top 4. Morton, ICT, Partick, and us for two play off places. Tbh would have bitten your hand off for that after the League Cup group stages. 

It’s blatantly obvious that we play better with three in midfield. Still a bit of hoofball but we are better at mopping up the second balls in that formation compared to playing the lottery of a 442. Akinyemi can get a bit isolated but he still saw plenty of the ball in the first half. 

Just persevere with it for the final three games and see where we end up. 

ICT's form still makes fifth pretty likely imo, though I don't think anyone can predict what the score will be on Friday.

Really quite funny that nobody is really that happy with things when technically Ayr could still win the league, even if that relies on a wildly implausible set of results from everyone else.

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Bangala back at Somerset Park anyone know? He's not been in our squad the last 3 games, either has Toure and given we have plenty of bench to fill I reckon we've sent both packing early.

He is off after getting a head knock in training and attended hospital and was found be have concussion, think that meant he had to sit out for 2 weeks , should be back on Monday 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

He is off after getting a head knock in training and attended hospital and was found be have concussion, think that meant he had to sit out for 2 weeks , should be back on Monday 

Already depressed after another loss, this compounds the matter! Hopefully forgets where Cove is and he disappears back to Slovakia 

12 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

How was the view from the dugout @finlay21 ?

Was certainly different from being in crowd , still undefeated after  my 2 games , final game on Friday so looking to finish undefeated 

Edited by Finlay21

Pleasantly surprised with the performance, second half in particular, in comparison to what's been served up recently.

When Partick carved us open so easily for the opener I started to fear the worst but we did okay. Partick offered very little in the second half and after the equaliser I actually thought we might nick it.

Happy with a point. Two big home games coming up. Let's hope for enough points to help us hold onto the play off spot.

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Bangala back at Somerset Park anyone know? He's not been in our squad the last 3 games, either has Toure and given we have plenty of bench to fill I reckon we've sent both packing early.

Going by his insta stories he’s just cutting about in Paris

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Wait, Robbo is the kitman now?! Man has his fingers in many pies at Somerset. Fair play to you fella 🤣

Seemed we had Steely for years now 2 possibly 3 kitmen in a season, wtf is going on there 

Only covering a 2 week holiday