The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, eez-eh said:

That was the third game of the season. If being dreadful for one game was enough to keep someone out the team forever then we wouldn’t be able to field a team this season.

The hype around Amartey is based on desperation and an increasing sense that Bullen can’t get anything right and freezing him out is just another example of that.  I’m not sure it’s based on too much more than that.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

That the others are fucking terrible, whereas Amartey has at least offered something at times. 

I think we need to leave it to those at the game, before suggesting what someone appears to have done or not though! 

Agreed those who travelled will have the best opinion of how he played. 

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

The hype around Amartey is based on desperation and an increasing sense that Bullen can’t get anything right and freezing him out is just another example of that.  I’m not sure it’s based on too much more than that.

The hype around Amartey hasn’t just surfaced as of right now. It was based on decent performances in the League cup and the question over why he never got game time has been asked since the minute he was dropped.

9 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

The hype around Amartey hasn’t just surfaced as of right now. It was based on decent performances in the League cup and the question over why he never got game time has been asked since the minute he was dropped.

He played well against Alloa in the cup but did little in any of the other cup games.  He started against Morton, Inverness and Dundee Utd and proved basically ineffective against championship defences.  Can’t really be bothered arguing about it - I’ll be delighted if he offers some sort of answer, but I think it’s more likely he’ll be mutually consented in January.