The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The biggest issue is now if he doesn’t get it. The consensus is he’s applied for it, if he doesn’t go it’s not going to go down well with the majority of the fans. I don’t imagine he’s going to be top of Smiths Christmas card list. 

I would find it hard to believe he applied for the job 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This isn’t the Falkirk thread…

It's just an example of the scale of growth that's there.

I genuinely don't understand why so many fans still talk us down as if it's the 00's still.

We've been a top flight club for 15+ years, have a turnover of £7m+, and 3 training pitches around the stadium with promises of improved training facilities.

6 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Finally, some good news today

There hasn't actually been any bad news today though. 

Brown possibly applied for StJ job but probably hasn't. 

McMann is possibly injured again but probably isn't.

St J say they're a massive club but they probably aren't. 

Just all speculation.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's just an example of the scale of growth that's there.

I genuinely don't understand why so many fans still talk us down as if it's the 00's still.

We've been a top flight club for 15+ years, have a turnover of £7m+, and 3 training pitches around the stadium with promises of improved training facilities.

I wasn’t talking you down at all, but you can’t complain about that and at the same time make things up about Ayr having a half built stadium. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I wasn’t talking you down at all, but you can’t complain about that and at the same time make things up about Ayr having a half built stadium. 

Want half built stadiums, try Falkirk.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, we that for our opening game, and had it for European games regularly. 

Will we get it regularly? No. Can we get upwards of 6k regularly if we actually attempt to attract fans and are good to watch? Also yes.

We've had an unprecedented decade of success and the Browns when they owned it had zero signs about us in the city centre and done no advertising. That'll be different with new owners.

This page is usually reliable. And has your attendance last year as an average 4.6k. and that's including away supports. Cinch Premiership | Average Attendances | Home Matches | 2023-2024 | Football Web Pages

Saying you have 9k behind you to make your club seem bigger is massively ingenuous.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I was just being bitter tbh.

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Injury wise I believe McMann has had a scan show a bit of an issue which is a blow but as far as I know its another few weeks rather than months. 

At least Rus is back for Saturday 👌

So we shouldn’t sack the entire medical team?

32 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Can't argue with the above.

Just reckon there would be more Kudos taking ( and possibly keeping ) Ayr United in the Top League, than simply surviving ( and possibly pushing for a top 6 ) with St.Johnstone.  

Brown's playing career has built his name so much that doors will open for him .Lesser known or emerging managers may require greater kudos or stability to get their next move however Brown moving St Johnstone up a few places may well tick any box.  Wouldn't be a bad project to take on in their current position providing success is measured reasonably. 

Would be sorry to see him go as it looks like a project is starting to come together here. Wouldn't be catastrophic though as our momentum and budget should attract decent candidates if management can find the right people. My one concern though is around losing Whittaker and how much of the work he does behind the scenes. Whilst Brown is the public face it could be either or both who really knows what their doing. It's one thing getting a decent manager but replacing the pair of them a different task. 

Whilst you can't time any offers i think Brown would get more of these in the future if he waited and stayed under the radar a bit. Still think he needs a few more months growing into being a manager and forgetting he's not on the park. Perhaps an experience thing but he still gets animated at low level stuff instead of waiting for the issues worth reacting  over