The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Ayr fan logic.

Shankland destroys League One and Championship - Future EPL and Scotlsnd striker, worth millions.

May destroys League Two, Championship and Premiership - Diddy

You said he’s a one season wonder and has only ever played well for one season. I prove the facts to say that claim is bollocks, the level is irrelevant, he’s shown that he’ll score or did show he could score at any level.

One season wonder at a respectable level. The whole reason you came on here was because someone said he’s not Premiership quality. He’s not and the fact that he’s had 1 good season at that level doesn’t prove otherwise.

For the record I don’t think you have to play particularly well to score goals in the lower leagues like he did for Accies and Alloa so it doesn’t actually do anything to back him up.

Ayr fan logic.

Shankland destroys League One and Championship - Future EPL and Scotlsnd striker, worth millions.

May destroys League Two, Championship and Premiership - Diddy

No one said he’s worth millions and yes he has potential hence the word “future” in there.

Stevie May has done f**k all since 2014.

If I knew having the audacity to question Perth’s golden boy would attract Random down here I probably wouldn’t have bothered.

Stevie May could probably do a job for someone in the Premiership, however 7 goals in 61 Apps for Aberdeen is frankly pretty pish for a striker, particularly a striker playing for one of the better sides. His ability to play Premiership quality is questionable, however he will find a club at that level for several years yet, therefore he is not coming to Ayr.

33 minutes ago, Widge said:

He scored 19 in 22, 25 in 33 then 20 in 38, across 3 seasons.

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about with the above tbh.

I'd actually take your side here, May while not looking great recently could still do a job at the lower end of the Premier in Scotland but Aberdeen is currently looking like a bridge too far.

As for going to Dundee Utd, I'd say he was 100 times better than that useless dumpling Sow that's currently with them and after all they're signing everyone else, so why not May as well.

I'd also agree that he's way out of our reach unless we're suddenly taken over by an Oligarch, although I hear Princess Haya is currently in the country and looking for a an investment opportunity.............

2 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Stevie May could probably do a job for someone in the Premiership, however 7 goals in 61 Apps for Aberdeen is frankly pretty pish for a striker, particularly a striker playing for one of the better sides. His ability to play Premiership quality is questionable, however he will find a club at that level for several years yet, therefore he is not coming to Ayr.

To be fair, I think he is playing a totally different role at Aberdeen than he was at St Johnstone, and would be very comfortable at this level. Would genuinely be delighted if McCall unveiled him but it is a massively unrealistic shout as you say. 

People seem to be forgetting our special relationship with Aberdeen FC... 

If we’re looking at any loans from Aberdeen I’d rather we went for Scott Wright or Bruce Anderson.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

No one said he’s worth millions and yes he has potential hence the word “future” in there.

Stevie May has done f**k all since 2014.

If I knew having the audacity to question Perth’s golden boy would attract Random down here I probably wouldn’t have bothered.

Since 2014 hes scored 7 goals in the EFL Championship, had both his knees explode, and then been punted onto either a wing, or stuck behind a striker, by a manager who signed him with no idea of how to actually use him. His transfer fees over his career breach £2.5m, but aye, hes shite 😓

Ayrs fans have spent the last six months claiming Shankland will be "going fat higher than Scottish football" this Summer. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

One season wonder at a respectable level. 

For the record I don’t think you have to play particularly well to score goals in the lower leagues.

Shankland?

Since 2014 hes scored 7 goals in the EFL Championship, had both his knees explode, and then been punted onto either a wing, or stuck behind a striker, by a manager who signed him with no idea of how to actually use him. His transfer fees over his career breach £2.5m, but aye, hes shite [emoji29]

Aye he is shite. Thanks for agreeing.

Shankland?

He went through League 1 without breaking a sweat tbh and then for the first 6 months of last season was on track to do the exact same.

I thought he looked a level above other players in the Championship (aside from Dobbie) and would’ve been interested to see how he did in League One down south or even in the Premiership in Scotland. We’ll not know for another few years potentially if he could cope with moving up another level but I don’t think anyone said it was set in stone that he was definitely going to do the same a a higher level.

Anyone else keep getting their hopes up when Twitter sends a notification that Ayr Utd have tweeted only to open it and see that there's no #imminent mentioned and then feel a bit deflated?   2 in 10 mins there haha

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

So who's these two rangers players we're after? Middleton will never be an option, he'll be on stupid money at rangers. Plus some 17 year old kid doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm

Middleton was someone who I believe we enquired about , way above our level , my understanding is that he is being touted to go on loan to an English club in league 1

9 hours ago, Widge said:

You’re saying Stevie May, scorer of 20+ goals in a season and who has a full international cap isn’t a Premier League player?

I mean I don’t necessarily disagree, but how much have you seen of him?

So overated, keep watching him and waiting (still) to see anything different

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

How many more friendlies do the club have planned? Is there one tomorrow?

Think we play Fylde tomorrow and then the **** on Tuesday.  

How many more friendlies do the club have planned? Is there one tomorrow?

Going by Fyldes Twitter we’re playing them tomorrow in Largs but I’m guessing it’s another closed doors one. Then Rangers on Tuesday afternoon.

Going by Fyldes Twitter we’re playing them tomorrow in Largs but I’m guessing it’s another closed doors one. Then Rangers on Tuesday afternoon.
They've got their qualifier Tuesday do they not. Playing their colt team against us must be then