The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40k is not pennies.

10k I'd agree with you.

It’s pennies compared to what we’ll get if we finish in the play offs.

If we sell him now then the fee would have to make us for us not finishing in the top 4.

It’s pennies compared to what we’ll get if we finish in the play offs.

If we sell him now then the fee would have to make us for us not finishing in the top 4.
That's always a gamble, as you can keep him and still fall out the top 4. Last year's gamble didn't pay off, even though I think it was the right decision.

We need to start making money our of these guys, even if it's not huge money.

40k and a percentage clause would be business I'd be happy with for Forrest (a very good player who has never fully lived up to his potential for us).

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's always a gamble, as you can keep him and still fall out the top 4. Last year's gamble didn't pay off, even though I think it was the right decision.

We need to start making money our of these guys, even if it's not huge money.

40k and a percentage clause would be business I'd be happy with for Forrest (a very good player who has never fully lived up to his potential for us).

From what I can imagine 20k + 10% sell on is the middle ground. Not sure if Ayr would go for that though. I think 65k is our record fee spent and that was Barry Wilson from Inverness back when we were spunking money everywhere. 

Edited by ATLIS

Does that mean Houston won't be available on Saturday? Only team that might scupper us is Partick Thistle if McCall fancies taking him. 

I agree we need to start getting cash for our assets but selling our best player midway through the season isn't a good imo as it's just an extra player we need to try and sign.

If Livi offered 10-20K and a loan back then that would be the best deal we could get. I don't see many available alternatives we could go and poach should we have the cash from selling Forrest. 

12 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'm pretty sure that the Jordan Houston's loan deal was a season long. When we signed him, both the club and the Daily record said that it was a season long deal. 

Yeah  but Rangers themselves are saying January from a quick search from back then.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yeah  but Rangers themselves are saying January from a quick search from back then.

Our official twitter said it was a season long loan back in August. Seems strange we would have got it wrong.

Has he been recalled by Rangers rather than his loan expiring?

Screenshot_20200107-204741_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Our official twitter said it was a season long loan back in August. Seems strange we would have got it wrong.

Has he been recalled by Rangers rather than his loan expiring?

Screenshot_20200107-204741_Chrome.jpg

Dunno, but I'm sure we were for offering  Higgins a contract when he was already on one so every chance it's a mistake on our end.

What a tinpot club style f**k up this is

What? Because the guy that runs the Twitter made a mistake?
Anyone here or has the club said something? Is this just rumours?

Thing in the Ayrshire Post about Kerr being hopeful that his loan gets extended until the summer. I don’t really see why it won’t. He’s not getting a game at Rangers and will get regular games with us.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

What? Because the guy that runs the Twitter made a mistake?

If it was his mistake you would have thought someone at the time from the club would have noticed and done something to correct the mistake.