P&B Hospital

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

This week I have been mostly pishing stomach acid out of my starfish every three or four hours. I think I caught food poisoning just by reading SlipperyP's story.

No idea what's actually going on - I don't feel ill at all, although my ringpiece is starting to express its displeasure with being slowly dissolved, and last night it leaked out into my pants while I was sleeping, which is less than ideal. Should I bother trying to get the first available appointment at the surgery (sometime next year), or just book myself in at the crematorium now?

pasta, get it doon n man up

• 2 weeks later...

Playing football this morning went over on my ankle, heard like a cracking noise but after a couple minutes was able to play on, played another 30mins or so tweaked it again so went off. Fast forward to now at I've got quite a bit of swelling on top of the foot towards the outside and struggling to put weight on it.

Diagnose my fucked foot P&B and will it need amputated?

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Playing football this morning went over on my ankle, heard like a cracking noise but after a couple minutes was able to play on, played another 30mins or so tweaked it again so went off. Fast forward to now at I've got quite a bit of swelling on top of the foot towards the outside and struggling to put weight on it.

Torn tendons ?

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

Reminiscent of the time I had a penile fracture.

13 hours ago, Empty It said:

Almost certainly ligament damage. Has it gone a worrying shade of purple yet?

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Almost certainly ligament damage. Has it gone a worrying shade of purple yet?

Aye, up and about on it today so might not be that bad but every so often it twists and it feels like someone has taken a sledgehammer to my foot.

23 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Aye, up and about on it today so might not be that bad but every so often it twists and it feels like someone has taken a sledgehammer to my foot.

Sounds like what they called a sprained ankle in the olden days. Stick it in a bucket of ice for twenty minutes whenever you get the chance and take ibuprofen.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Sounds like what they called a sprained ankle in the olden days. Stick it in a bucket of ice for twenty minutes whenever you get the chance and take ibuprofen.

What do you suggest then 500mg of man the f**k up?

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

What do you suggest then 500mg of man the f**k up?

That and rest it as much as you can. Wear boots rather than trainers. A sprained ankle is just what they now call ligament damage.

26 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I tried my friends smart watch on the other day for a couple of minutes, and my resting heart rate was 120 bpm. I think i might be due a heart attack soon.

What's your shoe size?

40 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I tried my friends smart watch on the other day for a couple of minutes, and my resting heart rate was 120 bpm. I think i might be due a heart attack soon.

One of my mates went on a course with work and calculated his at 110bpm, he was 25 at the time and a fairly heavy smoker and drinker. Guy running the course asked him to have a seat and take it easy for a bit :lol:

I’ve got a running watch that tracks HR and it can be hit and miss at times. Finger on the neck and count it out is the best way imo 

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Was it yours? 

I wish it hadn't been.

Thankfully it recovered without surgery. There's no terror quite like that engendered by realising your stauner has a 90° bend in the middle.