Calling Cards of Morons

Alex Scott should be the presenter on every single program on telly. 

I’m now imagining her saying “Welcome to Antiques Roadshow, we’re in Derbyshire this week and I’ve been awake for 96 hours presenting things, I’ve got CBBC in half an hour and I’ve got to talk to Michael bloody Gove this evening I can’t fucking handle any more of this somebody shoot me please

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Referring to the general knowledge round of a quiz as "Jenny Knoll".

add "spag bol", "pen", "lino" and "sarnie" to that. Or maybe (for me) its more PTTGOY but does tend to be people that I consider to be morons that look to abbreviate everything. 

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

A prime example. The guy is a quality pundit and is there on merit, yet some folk go crazy about it like you say.

Why is James McFadden a pundit in Sportscene? He adds very little (although he's probably there for his name value, but then the question that begs is would that be the case were he not a straight white guy? Maybe, maybe not).

Your last sentence is spot on and part of what I was getting at.

Bartley comes across really well as a likeable and fun character on both tv and radio, on top of an obviously excellent understanding and love for the game.

They're all just jealous he's pumping Eilidh Barbour,  imho.

6 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

add "spag bol", "pen", "lino" and "sarnie" to that. Or maybe (for me) its more PTTGOY but does tend to be people that I consider to be morons that look to abbreviate everything. 

No mention of “Acca” surely the worst of the lot!

6 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Bartley comes across really well as a likeable and fun character on both tv and radio, on top of an obviously excellent understanding and love for the game.

They're all just jealous he's pumping Eilidh Barbour,  imho.

He's no Chris McLaughlin

On 01/05/2022 at 10:32, KingRocketman II said:

Mac and cheese.

Smoggies refer to a sandwich as a "sarbo".

Sickening, but not as bad as......
Correct. Put it in the same box as "false nine" and drown it in acid.

23 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

People referring to McDonald's as 'Maccie Dees' is the worst of the lot let's be honest here. 

Sub human scum. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Smoggies refer to a sandwich as a "sarbo".

That's a new one on me and I've lived in Teesside for 12 years. Will ask about this.

I knew an Aussie who referred to a sandwich as a "sambo". It took some explaining as to why it might be best to find an alternative abbreviation. Or, just call the fucking sandwich by it's correct name.

That's a new one on me and I've lived in Teesside for 12 years. Will ask about this.
I knew an Aussie who referred to a sandwich as a "sambo". It took some explaining as to why it might be best to find an alternative abbreviation. Or, just call the fucking sandwich by it's correct name.
hmmmm, was going to suggest just calling it a piece but then I'm sure ive heard people here (obviously in Fife) refer to a piece on jam, as opposed to a jam piece, this ties in with roll on sausage. FML.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

People referring to McDonald's as 'Maccie Dees' is the worst of the lot let's be honest here. 

Sub human scum. 

Just don't speak to people who eat at McDonald's and your life will improve. 

48 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, ParsJake said:

hmmmm, was going to suggest just calling it a piece but then I'm sure ive heard people here (obviously in Fife) refer to a piece on jam, as opposed to a jam piece, this ties in with roll on sausage. FML.

Mods, for the love of God.

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Sub human scum. 

The correct term is ‘Ron’s Meals’.