The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

On 22/02/2024 at 19:22, scottsdad said:

With commentators and pundits (Croft & Brundle) skipping races due to workload, F1 should think about what this is like for the teams. 

24 races is too many. The season is about 50% longer than it should be. Mechanics, drivers, everyone will get burnt out.

Must be absolutely rubbish travelling all around the world all expenses paid to work at the pinnacle of your profession. 

8 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Must be absolutely rubbish travelling all around the world all expenses paid to work at the pinnacle of your profession. 

I agree with this. No one in the F1 circus ended up there accidentally. The sport is hard to break into as an engineer and if you make it, you're not exactly going to be crying about it.

I've heard toto complain, Christian "nice rack" Horner complain and two of the drivers (Hamilton and Norris).

They are all minted beyond your wildest dreams so they are going to complain about the commodity they can't buy.

14 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Looks like Liberty are interested in purchasing Moto GP in the near future.  Ties in with the rumour/stories about hosting a Moto GP/F1 race weakened (most likely in Texas) 

Would be interesting to see the difference in the viewing figures between the 2, I think F1 would absolutely destroy it. 

17 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Looks like Liberty are interested in purchasing Moto GP in the near future.  Ties in with the rumour/stories about hosting a Moto GP/F1 race weakened (most likely in Texas) 

Imagine how much the tickets will cost 💀

Real surprise there. Company that investigates itself rules everything okay.

I know it was allegedly independently investigated but on red bulls dime. Anyone that doesn't see that for what it is is delusional.

On 27/02/2024 at 13:20, Mackie The Staggie said:

MotoGP has the potential to be massive if it was marketed in the right way and they get lucky with competitive machinery and riders. 

The 1st season I watched was the battle between a young Biaggi and Caparossi, which Mike Doohan won! Rossi was still in the 125's or 250's.

Then Doohan retired, Rossi stepped up, Suzuki gave Roberts Jnr a decent bike, Colin Edwards came over and all hell broke loose! I still think it was as entertaining as any F1 championship I have watched

Going to be an exciting season ...Verstappen complaining that everything on the car is miles off and still the quickest 😟

And already so confident they saved a set of red tyres 

Edited by doulikefish

On 27/02/2024 at 13:20, Mackie The Staggie said:

Think of the viewing figures if F1 cars and Moto GP bikes were on track at the same time. cars swerving to avoid bikes, mangled limbs...lovely. 

the "source" close to Geri Horner might have jumped the gun with these comments earlier:

“As he has said all along, these claims are ‘nuts’.

“An exhaustive investigation has been carried out and the allegations have proven to be nonsense.

“Geri has been rock solid behind Christian — and his whole family is relieved and elated that it’s over. Those feelings are there but no one close to Christian feels like celebrating much after what he’s been through.

“For the time being his focus is back fully on winning races.”

39 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

Assuming what I've seen is the "leak".... then people are losing their minds over very little. Cringe, but absolutely above board unless you're Gerri Halliwell. 

Not sure if I would be that dismissive, the photos are horrific..............

Spoiler

p2G9ooRdygbfdiy2ieovBxBsqwoYzRxRJMDSGoyE