WoSFL Premier Division thread

12 minutes ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Any particular reason tat this was scheduled in direct competition to the Scotland game?

Eh ?

Direct "competition" tae an expensive friendly between overpaid fannyspangles ?

I went down 40 miles (maybe more, didn't check) in a freezing cauld breeze oan my motorbike and watched a decent game of competitive fitba between two teams of blokes who've probably already been working for eight hours.

It was freezing.

Bear in mind here, I've no heartfelt "love" for either team, I just wanted to be at proper fitba.

Ask yourself...if Clydebank had a fixture scheduled for tonight (well, last night) would you have been at Holm Park or sitting at home watching the telly ?

P.S.

Since I've thawed oot and finally got the big gloves aff from mah hauns (feart tae look elsewhere) I can safely say that was the freeziechilliest I've been at the fitba since I stupidly went tae watch Montrose Roselea at their old ground. In April.

They were tough boys. Think that was one each as well.

1 hour ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Any particular reason tat this was scheduled in direct competition to the Scotland game?

No sure , but glad I hadn’t to sit through the Scotland game 

7 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Darvel v Talbot off

Wouldn't have thought game being off will suit anyone given the games they both have left to play. Will this have a possible bearing on the title? , may hand beith a slight advantage especially if they can take something from auchinleck on Saturday 

Just now, stumpy said:

Wouldn't have thought game being off will suit anyone given the games they both have left to play. Will this have a possible bearing on the title? , may hand beith a slight advantage especially if they can take something from auchinleck on Saturday 

Of course it will. Same old scenario. The weather has been terrible yes but nothing ever changes man. 

1 minute ago, stumpy said:

It means Talbot and Darvel will be playing each other a LOT in a short period. 

In a way it helps Talbot by giving us extra rest before Saturday against Beith. In a more obvious way it's a massive pain in the hoop having to accommodate the rescheduled fixture.

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Eh ?

Direct "competition" tae an expensive friendly between overpaid fannyspangles ?

I went down 40 miles (maybe more, didn't check) in a freezing cauld breeze oan my motorbike and watched a decent game of competitive fitba between two teams of blokes who've probably already been working for eight hours.

It was freezing.

Bear in mind here, I've no heartfelt "love" for either team, I just wanted to be at proper fitba.

Ask yourself...if Clydebank had a fixture scheduled for tonight (well, last night) would you have been at Holm Park or sitting at home watching the telly ?

When there is a fixture clash between club and country I always choose country [hence missing our game last Saturday since I was on the way back from Amsterdam.....

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

There is absolutely no doubt that he'd have been at Hampden.