Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

Utterly bizarre behaviour to be told many times that your presence isn't welcome, only to appoint yourself community policeman in the hope that someone will find you useful.

Does P&B uniquely attract these oddballs, or is it common internet behaviour?

It would be seriously impressive to have such a hobby on Reddit

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Goodwillie signed with Glasgow Utd (formerly Shettleston Juniors). Some wild stuff being said here...

I love the nutter that thinks DG is ever going to get lawyers onto anyone voicing an opinion on the odious c**t.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I love the nutter that thinks DG is ever going to get lawyers onto anyone voicing an opinion on the odious c**t.

It will be alright because as long as we don't get convicted in "a court of law" it won't have happened.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Goodwillie signed with Glasgow Utd (formerly Shettleston Juniors). Some wild stuff being said here...

You'd think after Raith, Clyde (again), the Welsh club and Australia he might just take the hint and give up football. 

18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You'd think after Raith, Clyde (again), the Welsh club and Australia he might just take the hint and give up football. 

There always seems to be a lot of "he has a right to work for his family" from the minimisers. He's thirty-four years old; if he's not sorted himself an alternative career more than a decade after raping someone, that's his problem. His comrade in rape David Robertson seems to have fucked off from the sport, at least, and hopefully will be working where his interactions with vulnerable people can be monitored. Neither of them have admitted guilt or paid a penny of the compensation they owe to the victim, which is worth bearing in mind for the "he's suffered enough" brigade.

Honestly, people who dismiss crimes like this make you wonder what they have in their past they feel aggrieved at being punished for, as it seems like a massive red flag.

46 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

On the contrary, must be a pretty easy life for him. Turn up. Sign contract. Await media furore. Be informed that he will never play for club. Collect payoff. And repeat.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

A wild section of society, the Juniors.

Unfortunately, his supporters have popped up at all levels of the pyramid, with equally perplexing arguments.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

How much is a 34 year old at Junior level actually going to get paid, and is is still more lucrative than a real job? At this point I don't see how it's worth him still trying to be a footballer.

At this point I’m assuming it’s about Goodwillie’s ego rather than ‘providing for his family’ or whatever. Given he got out of paying his victim and then got a payoff from Raith, I can’t imagine he’s massively short of cash.