The Queen of the South thread

I am going to add some fuel to this rumour I am afraid. At the last home game I was standing in the pie queue and an older man started yapping to me. He said Lee was coming back part time having got a job at Durham uni. Only saying !

Funnily enough I heard that he's wanting to sign part time for us as he's starting a course at Stirling Uni shortly.

That said the same source told me Carmichael was out for weeks injured.

So who knows.

Can we not only get a goalkeeper in January? The only exception I can find is this

"The Board may, in exceptional circumstances, permit the Registration of a goalkeeper on the basis of a temporary transfer at any time and for such period as the Board may determine."

Is it an exceptional circumstance if the current one is shite?

Edited by Flash

I don't think we'd be allowed to sign another goalkeeper on the basis that we had sacked the first one.

Given that players can't be signed outwith the window, it was even more essential than normal this season to get the squad right from the outset. Previously, the fairly lax "emergency loan" system might have been a short term fix.

Therefore, it fell upon the manager to make sure we signed a competent goalkeeper. He failed to do this.

I don't blame Antell for being honking - he can't help it. I blame McIntyre for signing him. What on earth made him think he was up to Championship level? His haircut?

Therefore, it fell upon the manager to make sure we signed a competent goalkeeper. He failed to do this.

I don't blame Antell for being honking - he can't help it. I blame McIntyre for signing him. What on earth made him think he was up to Championship level? His haircut?

In fairness, I'd say he probably does have a Championship standard haircut.

Queens 2-0 up v Cowdenbeath Reilly with both goals string qos team of Atkinson Mitchell durnan Orsi slattery Carmichael Reilly adian smith

Arguably as good a team as we start with usually even with 8 men. Take it the missing three are u19 players.

Just seen the Falkirk highlights how bad is the second goal?

Is he bringing his packed lunch, water bottle and appropriate clothing on the 14th?

Good easy win for the reserves tonight strong line up against a young Beath side.

All management & coaches in attendance.

McCabe and Dodds in charge of the side while McIntyre took his seat in the stand alongside the chairman and all the directors just as the match kicked off. (maybe a wee meeting before the match?).

Let's hope for a repeat scoreline on Saturday!!

Guest TOPFITTER

Reserve game tonight,

Astonishing 1st half, a goal after 16 secs and then pretty much dominated the half. Second more even and Jim will be annoyed we didn't keep a clean sheet. Youngsters involved did pretty well, all in all a good performance and some food for thought for the manager given some strong performances from Durnan,Reilly, Carmichael, Orsi and Mitchell. Slattery looks stronger and more assured with each time I see him and Jim is Confident, Safe and Vocal and let's his defence know what he requires of them.
Manager, Gerry, Doddsy and the full complement of Directors and a decent turn-out of supporters took in the game.

Guest TOPFITTER

Would think dodds will be in the dug out area on sat with no bbc work on Saturday.

Always think he reads the game well and interacts well with the players on the pitch,

It was interesting his coaching of the strikers on finishing, concentrating on composure and hitting the target area and praising good finishes.

In fairness, I'd say he probably does have a Championship standard haircut.

My sister was talking to his girlfriend at Tynecastle and I can confirm he has a champions league bird. Seriously though, I would give Jim Atkinson a run out on Saturday. Why not , whats to lose ?