🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇬🇪 Georgia 🐺

Georgia has a lot of links with Scottish clubs. 2 of their top 10 appearance holders have played in Scotland with Giorgi Nemsadze probably being considered Dundee's best player of the modern era (I say modern - I basically just mean since I started watching football around 96-97) and Zurab Khizanishvilli playing for Dundee and Rangers. Zurab is still their assistant manager right now. Georgia's best ever scorer is still listed as Shota Arverladze who of course had a successful stint at Rangers and the second on the list is Temuri Ketsbaia who is always being linked as a 'glamour' option by fans when the Dundee job is up due to him saying he wanted to return one day as manager approximately 20 year ago.

Any other Georgians ply their trade in Scottish football and were they any good?

It’s going to be my 8 year old boys first Scotland game on Tuesday. He’s going to be in for a hell of a shock considering he’s only ever been to The Caley games before.

Edited by PB1994

56 minutes ago, Donathan said:

If Tierney is out of this one I’d be tempted to go four at the back.

I'm not sure that's even down to temptation these days. After how we've played in recent games whenever we've had a back four, if either Robbo/Tierney ain't available, it's a back four even in Clarke's mind.

I thought Georgia have been quite mixed so far in their games against Cyprus and Norway. One or two good moments in their games, decent enough on the ball but either are an average team around the level of Armenia or haven't yet clicked into gear. As ever, they might just have a brilliant game against us from nowhere. They have two away games this camp and a long flight to Scotland from Cyprus.

If they beat us it would be a massive step forward for them in terms of trying to qualify and so they'll be very motivated.

7 hours ago, ThomCat said:

Think Porteous is suspended as he's had two yellows in qualifying. 

It's been changed to three yellows for Euro 2024 qualifying.

image.thumb.png.125ee754beeb450335542c317333ceb6.png

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-European-Football-Championship-2022-24/Article-53-UEFA-Disciplinary-Regulations-Online

Edited by 2426255

Hopefully the team can show how different they are from previous Scotland sides buy getting  an early goal and then going on to put it out of sight with plenty of the match to spare. 

Without wanting to tempt fate, what do we reckon the magic points total is to secure a minimum of 2nd place?  

15? or more? 

I think Norway can only get to 16 now but still have to play Spain and us. 

( hopefully be on 12 by the end of Tuesday night! ) 

7 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

Hopefully the team can show how different they are from previous Scotland sides buy getting  an early goal and then going on to put it out of sight with plenty of the match to spare. 

Without wanting to tempt fate, what do we reckon the magic points total is to secure a minimum of 2nd place?  

15? or more? 

I think Norway can only get to 16 now but still have to play Spain and us. 

( hopefully be on 12 by the end of Tuesday night! ) 

If we beat Georgia on Tuesday night we would 5 points from the remaining games, assuming Norway win every game they play.

10 minutes ago, OmegaSpeedyPro said:

So many factors pointing towards this being a massive banana skin and us disaster striking. 

Hope i'm wrong.

If this was an away game I’d have the absolute fear 

At home I think we’ll have enough for them.

2-1 Scotland.