🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇬🇪 Georgia 🐺

14 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I'm off work tomorrow which means I have nothing to stop me thinking about this game and getting overly nervous until I leave for Hampden.

Don’t be, we’re going to win at a canter!

19 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I'm off work tomorrow which means I have nothing to stop me thinking about this game and getting overly nervous until I leave for Hampden.

I can think of something

FDFD0728-E70F-45A8-A83E-554AD4D6447D.webp

49 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Don’t know if you watched their game on Saturday mate, but looked to me like they were both in the same category. 
I believe we will comfortably turn this lot over. There, I said it.

I watched bits of the game too and completely agree but reckon they´ll raise their game tomorrow night...

One thing I completely trust SC to do, is to have a plan to deal with the Georgians.  I wonder if he might change a couple of personnel and press them hard.  Sides like these don't play well under pressure away from home (much like us ironically enough).  What we did to Ukraine in the second game, Denmark at home, and most recently again Spain have been a real tactical masterclass.

The way we played Spain will no doubt how other teams play them as well.  I presume Georgia have more obvious weaknesses.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Don’t know if you watched their game on Saturday mate, but looked to me like they were both in the same category. 
I believe we will comfortably turn this lot over. There, I said it.

I didn’t, nor have I seen them play to be fair.

Just basing it on their recent results and their squad on paper, as you say some teams have a fair few decent individuals but don’t really work as a team and they may well be in that category, here’s hoping.

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Cyprus played above their normal level on Saturday and Georgia weren’t at the races and Georgia still managed to get the win away from home.

The reality is Georgia are a far better side than Cyprus. 

That may well be the case, but I maintain my view that we’ll beat Georgia as comfortably as we beat Cyprus 👍

Is it realistic to say that Georgia are now our biggest rivals in the group? Ideally we can match Spain away & take care of Norway at home to win the group 👌. However, if it’s a disaster tomorrow that’ll put Georgia within 2 of us with a game in hand, albeit they’ve not played Spain yet.

Actually scratch that, they’ve not played us yet either!! 

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That may well be the case, but I maintain my view that we’ll beat Georgia as comfortably as we beat Cyprus 👍

I do think we will beat them, albeit it’ll be a tougher game than Cyprus. Worth remembering we were only 1-0 up until the dying moments against Cyprus so it wasn’t our best day. I think 2-0 or 3-1 is fairly likely but I’d settle for winning by the odd goal. 

22 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Is it realistic to say that Georgia are now our biggest rivals in the group? Ideally we can match Spain away & take care of Norway at home to win the group 👌. However, if it’s a disaster tomorrow that’ll put Georgia within 2 of us with a game in hand, albeit they’ve not played Spain yet.

Actually scratch that, they’ve not played us yet either!! 

In a word, yes, it’s unrealistic.

All they’ve done so far is sneak a 2-1 win away to the worst team in the group and hold the team from the pot above them to a 1-1 draw at home. Their results so far have been fairly par for the course.

I can’t see them taking anything in Norway or Spain and I can’t see them doing any better than a point at home to Spain. Given that I don’t think they’ll get even a point in Oslo or Valladolid, it really ought to follow that they won’t get anything in Glasgow either.

We global, who run simulation models, have the latest qualification probabilities as:

Scotland 95.64%
Spain 92.08%
Norway 7.28%
Georgia 5.00%
Cyprus 0.00%

They have us as slight favourites to win the group outright (Bookies are still offering 3/1 on that which I think is good value), but expect Spain to run us close and both Norway and Georgia to be quite far back.

Their projected point totals are:

Scotland 18.04

Spain 16.94

Norway 10.96

Georgia 9.58

Cyprus 1.19

That would roughly translate to:

We beat Cyprus away, Norway and Georgia both at home, but lose in Spain and Georgia

Spain win their three remaining home games (us, Cyprus and Georgia) and win in Cyprus, and get a point in both Oslo and Tbilisi.

Norway beat Cyprus and Georgia at home, win in Cyprus and take a point at home to Spain, but lose in Glasgow.

Georgia beat us at home and draw with Spain and Cyprus, but lose all three remaining away games.

Cyprus’s only point comes in Tbilisi.

Reassuring that this particular model has already baked in defeats in Spain and Georgia, but even still we qualify comfortably enough that even a defeat to Norway at Hampden wouldn’t prevent us qualifying. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

We global, who run simulation models, have the latest qualification probabilities as:

Scotland 95.64%
Spain 92.08%
Norway 7.28%
Georgia 5.00%
Cyprus 0.00%

They have us as slight favourites to win the group outright (Bookies are still offering 3/1 on that which I think is good value), but expect Spain to run us close and both Norway and Georgia to be quite far back.

Scotland 18.04

Spain 16.94

Norway 10.96

Georgia 9.58

Cyprus 1.19

Simulation models are lovely, but I'd suggest Spain are more likely than not to win every remaining game they've got.

42 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Simulation models are lovely, but I'd suggest Spain are more likely than not to win every remaining game they've got.

Spain tend not to pick up 6 points regularly against seed 3 and above teams. In fact, they do it very rarely (only twice since 2015 across Euros qualifiers, world cup qualifiers, and nations league). They also tend to drop points in more than one game in qualifying and their away record in Euros / WC qualifiers / Nations League against decent opposition isn't atcually that great.

Given that nobody thinks the current Spain team is an improvement on recent versions, I'll take the model over gut feeling.

Still think Spain will win the group though.

Concerned we might take it easy after our win at weekend. Georgia will also feel they have a decent chance of qualifying after a pretty strong start to the group and they have good players.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

I do think we will beat them, albeit it’ll be a tougher game than Cyprus. Worth remembering we were only 1-0 up until the dying moments against Cyprus so it wasn’t our best day. I think 2-0 or 3-1 is fairly likely but I’d settle for winning by the odd goal. 

In a word, yes, it’s unrealistic.

All they’ve done so far is sneak a 2-1 win away to the worst team in the group and hold the team from the pot above them to a 1-1 draw at home. Their results so far have been fairly par for the course.

I can’t see them taking anything in Norway or Spain and I can’t see them doing any better than a point at home to Spain. Given that I don’t think they’ll get even a point in Oslo or Valladolid, it really ought to follow that they won’t get anything in Glasgow either.

Scotland 95.64%
Spain 92.08%
Norway 7.28%
Georgia 5.00%
Cyprus 0.00%

Scotland 18.04

Spain 16.94

Norway 10.96

Georgia 9.58

Cyprus 1.19

That would roughly translate to:

We beat Cyprus away, Norway and Georgia both at home, but lose in Spain and Georgia

Spain win their three remaining home games (us, Cyprus and Georgia) and win in Cyprus, and get a point in both Oslo and Tbilisi.

Norway beat Cyprus and Georgia at home, win in Cyprus and take a point at home to Spain, but lose in Glasgow.

Georgia beat us at home and draw with Spain and Cyprus, but lose all three remaining away games.

Cyprus’s only point comes in Tbilisi.

Reassuring that this particular model has already baked in defeats in Spain and Georgia, but even still we qualify comfortably enough that even a defeat to Norway at Hampden wouldn’t prevent us qualifying. 

No chance we’re getting 18.04 points.