🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇬🇪 Georgia 🐺

5 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

The matchday squad is up on UEFA.com and it's Dom Hyam, Ross McCrorie and Nathan Patterson who aren't included.

image.png.90ffea4d6998f5384afdda728bdc085f.png

https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/match/2036359--scotland-vs-georgia/lineups/

That's interesting. I didn't know they did that. 

Due to my weirdness, I did wonder what would happen if Hickey got injured early on (while still playing the back five) as we had some folk who could probably fill in at RB but struggle more as a wing-back. Probably not worth worrying about as Clarke's clearly unbothered. 

Just now, accies1874 said:

That's interesting. I didn't know they did that. 

Due to my weirdness, I did wonder what would happen if Hickey got injured early on (while still playing the back five) as we had some folk who could probably fill in at RB but struggle more as a wing-back. Probably not worth worrying about as Clarke's clearly unbothered. 

Patterson and Ralston both injured I believe so the next alternative would probably be to call Stephen O’Donnell back in. But given that he’s probably sunning himself on a beach somewhere and not match fit, Clarke must have thought the small risk of a Hickey injury wasn’t worth bothering him for.

I’d imagine in a Hickey injury scenario we’d just have Greg Taylor fill in on his wrong side or even utility man McTominay. 

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Probably not worth worrying about as Clarke's clearly unbothered. 

I think that's it. It's not as if Clarke isn't aware of what he has in his squad. He will obviously have his reasons for selecting the squad he's gone for so I'm not going to start questioning it.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Patterson and Ralston both injured I believe so the next alternative would probably be to call Stephen O’Donnell back in. But given that he’s probably sunning himself on a beach somewhere and not match fit, Clarke must have thought the small risk of a Hickey injury wasn’t worth bothering him for.

I’d imagine in a Hickey injury scenario we’d just have Greg Taylor fill in on his wrong side or even utility man McTominay. 

Think O'Donnell is doing some of the pre match stuff in Saltire Square from the SFA e-mail. 

2 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Think O'Donnell is doing some of the pre match stuff in Saltire Square from the SFA e-mail. 

Call him up last minute after he’s 6 beers deep and put him on to win his 28th cap when we’re 3-0 up. Be some laugh. 

The circumstances that has us not qualifying if we win the next two games are comically ridiculous.

Instead working (who really can focus today?) I’ve been looking at every scenario, and there are just so few points available for Georgia/Spain/Norway for two of them to catch up.

Winning tonight is massive because it pretty much knocks Georgia out the running, unless they can get some huge results against Spain/Norway, but those can then help us anyway. 

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

5 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

The circumstances that has us not qualifying if we win the next two games are comically ridiculous.

Instead of not working I’ve been looking at every scenario, and there are just so few points available for Georgia/Spain/Norway for two of them to catch up.

Winning tonight is massive because it pretty much knocks Georgia out the running, unless they can get some huge results against Spain/Norway, but those can then help us anyway. 

Hard to believe, but it's true by and large that we'd have really blown it if we don't qualify from here which is remarkable after we've only played 3 games, while Spain and Georgia have only played 2. If we lose tonight it does adjust the picture so I'm still a little wary of that.

Edited by 2426255

Just win. Don't care how, just get it done. I have full faith they will.

What's it like in the upper tier of the main stand? Got a ticket off a friend for up there, never been there for a game.

I assume the view is decent (better than behind the goals no doubt, not that it would be difficult). My assumption is that folk tend to stay sat down up there?

24 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Just win. Don't care how, just get it done. I have full faith they will.

What's it like in the upper tier of the main stand? Got a ticket off a friend for up there, never been there for a game.

I assume the view is decent (better than behind the goals no doubt, not that it would be difficult). My assumption is that folk tend to stay sat down up there?

Aye, view is brilliant, best in the stadium imo - but you're not in with the dafties so the atmosphere will probably be a bit calmer even if we score. You'll get a few disapproving looks if you start trying to start a chant, take your top off or light a fag. It's more Clarkston than Cambuslang up there.

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Does anyone know what time beer o’clock is?

About 2pm when my mate gets here.

Though to add that I will have to watch the game without alcohol today. Despite me not being much of a drinker, Scotland games are normally the exception. I don’t know how I’m going to manage it.

Edited by Jambomo

26 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If we win tonight I'd say it's a fairly safe assumption that we'll be in Germany next summer.

Still a long way to go in the campaign, but a win tonight and I'd agree that that will likely be us heading to Germany next summer.

However, and as has been said, this is not an easy game, definitely one we should be winning though.

The final 3 games, if we need more than a point or 2 to qualify, are really tricky looking, so hopefully we have it all wrapped up after Cyprus away (with 15 points in the bag).

Edited by ScottMc77
A wee add at the end