Huw Edwards

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If indecent images are found on any electronic device the charge is making the image.  Anything viewed on an electronic device it is downloaded onto your computer, the charged person is viewed as having 'made' a copy of the image.

It can also mean that the person has produced that image, taken the photograph themselves etc but in almost all cases it means that they've been found on someone's computer.  

A former colleague of mine was in a relationship with someone who was convicted of this crime and I remember looking up this information then.

Sure.

So "making" an image can be quite broadly defined then.

What about the classifications of these things?  Do we know what they mean, beyond the idea that Class A is especially bad?

The BBC report on today's development says this:

"Mr Edwards is accused of having six category A images, the most serious classification of indecent images, on a phone. He is also accused of having 12 category B pictures and 19 category C photographs."

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So "making" an image can be quite broadly defined then.

What about the classifications of these things?  Do we know what they mean, beyond the idea that Class A is especially bad?

The BBC report on today's development says this:

"Mr Edwards is accused of having six category A images, the most serious classification of indecent images, on a phone. He is also accused of having 12 category B pictures and 19 category C photographs."

Cat A is horrific and honestly please just save yourself from actually knowing. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Doesn't bear thinking about if you were the one categorising it.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yeah, fair enough.  I'm not looking for details.  

Does it mean that everything categorised that way is horrendous?

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

This sounds like good advice. 😟

50 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Cat A involves the worst acts against the most innocent if that provides context. 

If that's the level of depravity involved, then anyone found in possession of these types of images should be removed from society, period. Minds that sick cannot be rehabilitated.

1 hour ago, Sheas_cake said:

I imagine he'll be on the phone to Pete Townshend's lawyer. 

Some Youtube channel a few years back had a feature where famous people answered the most googled questions about them. Townshend did one, but funnily enough none of those questions made the cut...

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Cat A involves the worst acts against the most innocent if that provides context. 

Ah, sorry I didn't catch that. Strict liability offence as well iirc.