Queen's Park vs Ayr - Friday Night Fitba'!

There is "philosophies" and then there is being very very silly.

Those diddies made it very easy.

Still, I hope that gives some of those players some more confidence. We scored some great goals tonight. Fair play to the team. More of that.

Great to have a winning feeling again.

I see the Championship's going to be mad again this year, with teams randomly pumping other teams and then getting pumped the following week! 😆 

Pleasing to see Ayr get a good win, as I was worried they would struggle this season and ideally they would make a great addition to the SPL. 

1 minute ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I see the Championship's going to be mad again this year, with teams randomly pumping other teams and then getting pumped the following week! 😆 

Pleasing to see Ayr get a good win, as I was worried they would struggle this season and ideally they would make a great addition to the SPL. 

Don’t think they would fit in with the Saudi’s.

An odd game. I didn’t think Ayr were that great but they were solid enough, didn’t do anything too daft defensively and exploited Queen’s Park very well. They took their goals really well and thoroughly deserved the win.

I wasn’t convinced by Queen’s Park before the season and even after three games felt they’d been fortunate to play Inverness and then Arbroath twice before they’d remembered how to play football. I can see why the fans are so concerned with the current set-up, there didn’t seem to be much interest in trying something new or playing in a different way, even at 5-2. The tactics were strange, very high-risk at the back with such a high line but then incredibly risk averse going forward. Players terrified of crossing the ball in, always looking to bring it back and keep the ball moving without much purpose. They made some subs at 5-2 but even then, it was just moving guys around in the same shape and tactics, no change in urgency or approach.

2 minutes ago, Mr November said:

An odd game. I didn’t think Ayr were that great but they were solid enough, didn’t do anything too daft defensively and exploited Queen’s Park very well. They took their goals really well and thoroughly deserved the win.

I wasn’t convinced by Queen’s Park before the season and even after three games felt they’d been fortunate to play Inverness and then Arbroath twice before they’d remembered how to play football. I can see why the fans are so concerned with the current set-up, there didn’t seem to be much interest in trying something new or playing in a different way, even at 5-2. The tactics were strange, very high-risk at the back with such a high line but then incredibly risk averse going forward. Players terrified of crossing the ball in, always looking to bring it back and keep the ball moving without much purpose. They made some subs at 5-2 but even then, it was just moving guys around in the same shape and tactics, no change in urgency or approach.

That sums us up pretty well.

8 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Almost felt as if the QP players are fined anytime the ball leaves the ground. The high backline and slack passing absolutely laid it on a platter for us. 

18 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

They got a time machine?

Quite simply we’ll be relegated if we continue to play anything like this. It’s only September but every single team in this league know to play against us and the coaching staff are either too arrogant or blinded to adapt to the opposition. At 2-1, despite the dreadful start, you surely just try and stay somewhat compact as there’s still loads of time to get a result but no, the brainless high line tactic was exposed to its maximum and Fox was like the invisible man when Rose faced him 1v1. The 4th goal is just diabolical all round from Fox 

Even at 4-2, there’s time to at least try and attempt to gain an unlikely draw but we’ve shot ourselves in the foot instantly yet again with some outrageously bad decision making from McPherson and tizzard playing everyone onside. 

In terms of the goals conceded, I don’t think I’ve seen as many self inflicted goals in one match. We have defenders who’s first priority isn’t defending and more so, the lack of energy or desire to get the ball back was extremely concerning. Completely lifeless, almost as if the players are frightened to bits if they do anything that’s not part of this ‘philosophy’. I’d love to know how much these players truly buy into this system

Serious question marks on Veldman now and whether he’s got it in him to admit something is seriously wrong with his setup and whether he’s willing to adapt it. You can still play nice football with a defensive structure. Whether he’s got the credentials to implement that remains to be seen in any form 

Only positive I can take is that Paton is continuing to hit the back of the net. 9 goals in all comps already playing in this system is incredibly impressive so fair play to him. Hepburn’s goal was belter but again I think Veldman is misusing him and Thomas. Thomas is clearly better on the left and Hepburn is miles better on the right. 

QP are dreadful. Some of their fans were giving it “beaten by mediocre sides” last weekend, but they need to wake up and realise that they are utter dross.

Veldman has got to be on the thinnest if thin ice already and you’d think he will get the bullet if QP get beat their next league game. 

32 minutes ago, Mr November said:

There’s no way we should’ve got beat by them in the second of the 2 games. 

Looks like they’ve maybe been figured out and lost their confidence and have a manager who’s priorities might not be fully focussed on getting results