Queen's Park vs Ayr - Friday Night Fitba'!

18 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

QP are dreadful. Some of their fans were giving it “beaten by mediocre sides” last weekend, but they need to wake up and realise that they are utter dross.

Let’s be honest, there’s literally no QP fan that’s on here saying we’ve been anything less than dross, we woke up a while ago🤣 Veldman has took a hounding on here and other social media platforms and rightly so, alongside Beuker for the recruitment or lack of recruitment so to say. Not seen a qp fan base turn on a manger so quickly but I’m not surprised given the performances 

Must be a minority regarding the mediocre teams comment because we’ve fully deserved to have lost each of the last 4 games 

Edited by qpfc

Also are the metal detectors really necessary at all by security? Fully grown adults getting questioned what’s in their pockets like they’re wee guys

Even wee small things like closing one of the exits for the home fans if they needed the toilet or food mid game just seemed totally unnecessary. Everyone having to walk all the way round to the one exit. It’s these things the club need to get better at to improve the fan experience and keep people coming back

Just now, qpfc said:

Also are the metal detectors really necessary at all by security? Fully grown adults getting questioned what’s in their pockets like they’re wee guys

Even wee small things like closing one of the exits for the home fans if they needed the toilet or food mid game just seemed totally unnecessary. Everyone having to walk all the way round to the one exit. It’s these things the club need to get better at to improve the fan experience and keep people coming back

Myself and a group of guys in front of me in the queue all went through without the metal detectors being used on us. Just had to confirm whether we were home or away fans so they could direct us into the right queue

10 minutes ago, qpfc said:

In fairness, I’m taking some class A drugs and razor blades into the Morton game as a precautionary measure. 

Didn’t watch the game but not a hard prediction to make they’d be battered playing as they do. 

Against us we weren’t clinical, were offside several times but they were there for a drubbing. As it ended up felt lucky to bag the 3 points.

Some nice tidy passing at times with some good players at this level however naive tactics in a tight and tough championship will leave you on the wrong end of a result most of the time. 

QP will come good again when the tactics and / or manager changes. 

Edited by RAITHROVERS84

30 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I was hopeful we would get a playoff spot this season. Looking like it might be a relegation one 😂Criminal given the talent in that team.

That was the thought I had when watching that. A good footballing side, with more than enough quality to cause teams in this league a lot of problems - that is then completely hamstrung by a ridiculous system that leaves the back line incredibly exposed almost every time the ball is lost. 

We took our goals well, but by f**k was it easy to completely bypass QP and get right at the centre backs. Cannot understand the need for the back line to play that high. Very amusing.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Quite simply we’ll be relegated if we continue to play anything like this. It’s only September but every single team in this league know to play against us and the coaching staff are either too arrogant or blinded to adapt to the opposition. At 2-1, despite the dreadful start, you surely just try and stay somewhat compact as there’s still loads of time to get a result but no, the brainless high line tactic was exposed to its maximum and Fox was like the invisible man when Rose faced him 1v1. The 4th goal is just diabolical all round from Fox 

Even at 4-2, there’s time to at least try and attempt to gain an unlikely draw but we’ve shot ourselves in the foot instantly yet again with some outrageously bad decision making from McPherson and tizzard playing everyone onside. 

In terms of the goals conceded, I don’t think I’ve seen as many self inflicted goals in one match. We have defenders who’s first priority isn’t defending and more so, the lack of energy or desire to get the ball back was extremely concerning. Completely lifeless, almost as if the players are frightened to bits if they do anything that’s not part of this ‘philosophy’. I’d love to know how much these players truly buy into this system

Serious question marks on Veldman now and whether he’s got it in him to admit something is seriously wrong with his setup and whether he’s willing to adapt it. You can still play nice football with a defensive structure. Whether he’s got the credentials to implement that remains to be seen in any form 

Only positive I can take is that Paton is continuing to hit the back of the net. 9 goals in all comps already playing in this system is incredibly impressive so fair play to him. Hepburn’s goal was belter but again I think Veldman is misusing him and Thomas. Thomas is clearly better on the left and Hepburn is miles better on the right. 

It's so obvious, Thomas on the left and Hepburn on the right. 

38 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

It's so obvious, Thomas on the left and Hepburn on the right. 

I disagree, I might be wrong but that’s the first time Hepburn’s played on the left for QP and I thought the inverted winger role suited him much better than what I’ve seen from playing striker or on the right. A goal and hit the bar within 10mins of moving to that position and I would like to see him play there more often.

I’m not looking forward to Dundee next week.

Edited by MattyD

1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

But but but Charlie Fox is one of the best defenders in the league, say the QP fans, as he gets turned inside out by a guy who couldn’t kick his own arse last Friday.

In all fairness, they were quite right. Last season he was bloody excellent and right up there with Deas as the best in the division.

I think how bad he has been, or the defence as a whole, is on the manager insisting on playing a certain philosophy over actually playing to the strengths of the players he has at his disposal.

I can see why QP fans are concerned. The big question now is will the manager adapt or will he continue to be so single minded in the way they play football. If he does he will be unemployed very soon.

1 hour ago, MattyD said:

I disagree, I might be wrong but that’s the first time Hepburn’s played on the left for QP and I thought the inverted winger role suited him much better than what I’ve seen from playing striker or on the right. A goal and hit the bar within 10mins of moving to that position and I would like to see him play there more often.

I’m not looking forward to Dundee next week.

You're certainly entitled to see the game differently from me fella. 

I was just getting frustrated at him having to turn back most of the time. 

I like him, I rate him. 

It’s the absolute refusal on Veldman’s part to change anything even though it was obvious after about 8 minutes that we were in for a pumping playing the way we were, that is so incredibly frustrating. Fans of other teams are coming on here talking about they couldn’t believe how easy the goals they’ve scored against us have been, yet Veldman persists with this high line.

Still, at least an academy graduate came on for his debut at 5-2 down, which as we all know is the most important thing.