Queen's Park vs Ayr - Friday Night Fitba'!

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Was this on the telly last night? Didn’t record. Thought the whole point in games getting moved to a Friday was so they were on the telly?

Big win for Ayr!

Someone said that there’s another game at Hampden today but I’m not sure what it is? 

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Was this on the telly last night? Didn’t record. Thought the whole point in games getting moved to a Friday was so they were on the telly?

Big win for Ayr!

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Someone said that there’s another game at Hampden today but I’m not sure what it is? 

It’s Tuesday night, Scotland v Belgium Women. SFA Will always have first dibs.

Please don’t ask about Lesser…

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It’s Tuesday night, Scotland v Belgium Women. SFA Will always have first dibs.

Please don’t ask about Lesser…

In fairness if it was at Lesser it’s maybe a different result. I thought we’d really struggle defensively on a big pitch but we weren’t as troubled as I thought. You guys deciding to play a high line and leave all that space behind and out wide was criminal. 

23 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Big win for Ayr!

Yeah it was.

Edited to add: yes it was a big win for Ayr, not yes it was on the telly.

Edited by Richey Edwards

7 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Quite a few Ayr fans were calling for Lee Bullen to get sacked. Last night's result probably saved his job. How do Ayr fans feel about that? Was he ever at risk of getting the bullet?

Doesn't change anything for me, 2023 has been rancid.  

11 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Quite a few Ayr fans were calling for Lee Bullen to get sacked. Last night's result probably saved his job. How do Ayr fans feel about that? Was he ever at risk of getting the bullet?

If we had lost last night and then got a thumping off of Raith next week then he would've been punted. Tbh, as it stands, he still has a lot to prove. Poor performances in the next 2/3 games and I still think he will have to go.

I don't think he's a good manager overall and would rather not see him as manager in the long term. I don't think last night will have changed the feelings of many that wanted him to go.

Edited by AuAl

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

If we had lost last night and then got a thumping off of Raith next week then he would've been punted. Tbh, as it stands, he still has a lot to prove. Poor performances in the next 2/3 games and I still think he will have to go.

I don't think he's a good manager overall and would rather not see him as manager in the long term. I don't think last night will have changed the feelings of many that wanted him to go.

A very fair summary. As Deek said as well, we've been rancid in 2023. Eye bleedingly bad. 

I hope its the springboard for Bullen to prove me wrong.