Falkirk v Burrell

Another great win for the 25 unbeaten. The who's in goals debate becoming irrelevant as last 3 home games there's hardly been a shot at our goals.

Thought Cove had a decent shape about them in the first half without really troubling us, however, the opening goal changed everything and after that I really didn't know what their strategy was. I mean at 2-0 down their goalie was taking his time with kick outs, it was like they were happy to lose and keep the margin down, a bit like Queens at the weekend.

It's great to watch a team where every starting player deserves their slot and there are literally no weak points, the subs bench being strong too.

I thought Nesbitt was MOTM tonight, but all players were very good.

Barring Hamilton signing several amazing players in the window, or us having a horrific run of injuries it's looking very promising. Cove well and truly out of it now though, if they weren't already.

17 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Yup and that’s a very horrible statistic when you think we are just a wee ex Highland league club. It clearly still rankles but these things are all cyclical. 

Of course it rankles. But we were our own worst enemies so no point us getting angry because of other clubs’ sugar daddy policies. They’re a fact of life, but will Cove’s benefactors continue if they don’t get success or will it go all Edinburgh/Gretna one day?

Was great watching the rat and his coaching staff telling the keeper to slow the game down from minute one and not taking balls from the ball attendants and still not get a kick all game.

19 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Another great win for the 25 unbeaten. The who's in goals debate becoming irrelevant as last 3 home games there's hardly been a shot at our goals.

Thought Cove had a decent shape about them in the first half without really troubling us, however, the opening goal changed everything and after that I really didn't know what their strategy was. I mean at 2-0 down their goalie was taking his time with kick outs, it was like they were happy to lose and keep the margin down, a bit like Queens at the weekend.

It's great to watch a team where every starting player deserves their slot and there are literally no weak points, the subs bench being strong too.

I thought Nesbitt was MOTM tonight, but all players were very good.

Barring Hamilton signing several amazing players in the window, or us having a horrific run of injuries it's looking very promising. Cove well and truly out of it now though, if they weren't already.

Ffs,League was won the day we drew with Kelty 😅😀

Target for you guys now is to try to go through the season unbeaten I would imagine.

Falkirk are a TEAM;Accies a collection of talented individuals who will chuck it along with a clueless Manager in the Play Offs more than likely.

17 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Of course it rankles. But we were our own worst enemies so no point us getting angry because of other clubs’ sugar daddy policies. They’re a fact of life, but will Cove’s benefactors continue if they don’t get success or will it go all Edinburgh/Gretna one day?

No sugar daddies at Cove. Yeah we gave a few SPL players a good end to their career but we didn’t subsidise anyone. The nucleus of the side that battered you by 35 points were highland league players. That in itself despite your one win tonight must really rankle 

5 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

No sugar daddies at Cove. Yeah we gave a few SPL players a good end to their career but we didn’t subsidise anyone. The nucleus of the side that battered you by 35 points were highland league players. That in itself despite your one win tonight must really rankle 

Of course you have sugar daddies as your compadre sets out above. Folk pumping money in to subsidise your position despite the lack of support. Even this season, your budget must be on a par with ours given the senior players you still have and the Hartley Brentford model (c) that has seen so many bodies arrive from various English village leagues. 

As I said, of course that season rankles. It was horrible.  But less because of the fact you used to be in the Highland League and more because a) it distorts competition to have fake clubs like that and b) Hartley. 

I don’t wish ill on Cove* but worry that once the money men leave, you’ll find yourselves playing Islavale again before you know it. 

*Except while Hartley is there

37 minutes ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

Cobban (the owner of our sponsor, ACE) will be gone as soon as he can fit his fat carcass in the door of another local club who'll tolerate his behaviour where he gets to be billy big balls.  I'm sure a falling out is due with him, that's why after all he stopped his involvement with Aberdeen.

That’s offensive. 

17 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Of course you have sugar daddies as your compadre sets out above. Folk pumping money in to subsidise your position despite the lack of support. Even this season, your budget must be on a par with ours given the senior players you still have and the Hartley Brentford model (c) that has seen so many bodies arrive from various English village leagues. 

As I said, of course that season rankles. It was horrible.  But less because of the fact you used to be in the Highland League and more because a) it distorts competition to have fake clubs like that and b) Hartley. 

I don’t wish ill on Cove* but worry that once the money men leave, you’ll find yourselves playing Islavale again before you know it. 

*Except while Hartley is there

Aberdeen is full of wealthy people who have made money out of the oil industry (unlike Clackmaninshire or wherever Falkirk is) but no one is pumping money into Cove, if they were we would have walked the league. Support really has nothing to do with it, some of our part time players earn more in their day jobs than most of the Falkirk players earn full time. 

No one is walking away that I am aware of.

1 hour ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

He learns f**k all, that’s the issue. But the failed council leader and her bum chums from the clique will still be out with the Hartley masks rimming his greasey arse hole as usual!

Were you there tonight? If you are a fan we can actually do without you. 

6 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Aberdeen is full of wealthy people who have made money out of the oil industry (unlike Clackmaninshire or wherever Falkirk is) but no one is pumping money into Cove, if they were we would have walked the league. Support really has nothing to do with it, some of our part time players earn more in their day jobs than most of the Falkirk players earn full time. 

No one is walking away that I am aware of.

So the newish stadium, going full time, signing of multiple ex premier league players (who I can imagine are on a pretty decent wage). Who funded all of this if nobody's putting any money into the club?!

7 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Aberdeen is full of wealthy people who have made money out of the oil industry (unlike Clackmaninshire or wherever Falkirk is) 

Also there's about 5 different things in this statement that make it really really funny. 

Somebody's hurting sennnnnn x

27 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I've watched the highlights a few times and I'm still trying to work out what the Cove defence are claiming for at our second goal.

I particularly enjoyed the guy to Hendo's right who stood doing f**k all instead of attempting to actually stop him scoring then waved his arms like one of the landing dudes in Top Gun

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

39 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I've watched the highlights a few times and I'm still trying to work out what the Cove defence are claiming for at our second goal.

Keeper is wiped out by his own player (Doyle)