Falkirk v Burrell

6 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Big game. Win and our lead in the league is 11 points . We need to work out how to stop Burrell as it looks like he is their only threat. Would take another single goal win but would love us to completely crush Hartleys mob

Somebody needs to give Burrell a right sair yin in the first couple of minutes On Tuesday to put him off his stride for the rest of the game. Clubber Lang, come on down!

10 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

... We need to work out how to stop Burrell...

Stop the service, stop the goals.

As we know, Burrell doesn't create a great deal on his own and if we can isolate him then he can be nullified.

I've got faith that Tom and Coll can manage him on Tuesday while Hendo, Spencer and Nesbitt dominate the midfield and stop the supply.

This could be our hardest game yet if Cove turn up.  Always felt Burrell was better than the minutes we gave him and can certainly run the channels well and finish (as he's showing this season). Would have been a better 2nd striker than Allan in my view to keep but if his attitude is a problem then playing for Hartley will suit him. 

Is Fyvie fit for this one?  At least we know we can let Mikey Doyle hit the byline as often as he wants without any threat he'll deliver a decent cross.  

I'm feeling optimistic about this game, cove obviously dangerous going forward but the phenomenal form they were in when this game was meant to be played has tailed off with 2 draws and a defeat in their last 4, their only win coming against Edinburgh.

It might be a case of who can score more but as long as we don't gift burrell 1-1s on the break I think we can win well. 

1 minute ago, Kircer bairn said:

More concerned about freezing weather over next few days & wonder anybody knows what degrees of frost our pitch cac cope with?

Pitch absolutely fine with frost down to around -3/4 apparently. It’s snow that’s the big problem but none forecast  

20 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

He's injured, hence one of the reasons their form has dropped in the last 4 games I suspect

At least 4 weeks before he is ready to play, it also looks like Megginson could miss this one.

Lots of tales of Burrell not being able to create much for himself isn’t true for us. Some of his goals have been him picking up the ball in his own half and making it happen for him and others. I would say he is the most talented player in our modern era by a stretch. Whether he kicks on further remains to be seen. Apparently there hasn’t been any interest in him so far. 

Meggy injured, FF out and a question mark over Kerr. To be honest Meggy being out isn’t the drama for us it once was as his form has dropped off a cliff this season. I would like to see Burrell partner up with Kyle Connell although this might not be the game for that. 

I don’t expect to get much out of the game but I’m looking forward to it for several reasons. 

I was pretty annoyed we couldn't find the space for Burrell as there's obviously a player there. That said, it's clear that McGlynn only saw him as an impact sub and when he did start he was much less effective for us. MacIver is obviously the exact type of striker McGlynn wants and is doing a great job so no harm done and we've not really needed the impact subs in the way we did previous years.

Same team as Saturday please and a similar performance, with us (correctly) making such a big show of the unbeaten record it would be a nightmare to lose it here. With it hopefully (please) being our last season in League 1 it would be great to beat Hartley as the man who's transfer madness, tactical ineptitude and all round b*****dry started us off on this nightmare journey.

On a daft note. For my stag do last year, my best man got Paul Hartley to record a congratulations message to me (under the auspices of me being a huge Cove/Hartley fan) as a joke and it still fills me with rage every time i think about it, mispronounced my wife's name too the b*****d.

Burrell falls into the same category for Allan for me, both clearly good footballers they just aren't suited to playing as a lone striker. Shanley seems to be more in the McGlynn mould so has more of a chance of fighting for the starting spot. 

Burrell seemed to take the hump with his lack of appearances last season and there was occassions when he did start that he just wasn't interested. 

Donaldson and Lang will have to be cautious of the space in behind as that's where Burrell's deadly.

3-0 Bairns, MacIver and Morrison x2

Glad Fyvie is still out. It would have been a right gaff from us if he had managed to get himself fit again since the postponed game. He is so important to the way Cove play and I'm a lot more confident now he won't be available. Megginson loved a goal against us the last time Cove were down here so if he is missing as well that is another bonus. 

Given the run of results we have put together, a draw wouldn't be a disaster in this one but a win would start to put real pressure on Hamilton. Hopefully the greasy smelly fat tramp gets #wads of abuse tonight regardless

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Glad Fyvie is still out. It would have been a right gaff from us if he had managed to get himself fit again since the postponed game. He is so important to the way Cove play and I'm a lot more confident now he won't be available. Megginson loved a goal against us the last time Cove were down here so if he is missing as well that is another bonus. 

Given the run of results we have put together, a draw wouldn't be a disaster in this one but a win would start to put real pressure on Hamilton. Hopefully the greasy smelly fat tramp gets #wads of abuse tonight regardless

I was going to wait until tomorrow, but I suppose we could start tonight instead.

From a purely selfish point of view (i.e. trying to avoid a hiding next Saturday) I hope both teams go at it hammer and tongs and Falkirk have to field a youth side in their game afterwards... 

Theres no doubt Burrell will be a threat but we have threats of our own. I think Cove will come and have a go which hopefully leaves space for us to exploit. 3-1 bairns, Morrison, MacIver and Miller with Burrell getting his obligatory goal for Cove. 

6 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Whats the story with Fyvie still playing league 1.  He's clearly a lower premier/top of championship standard of player.  Without wishing to be disrespectful, he seems to be wasted at Cove (esp in L1) 

Sure I read way back when he first joined Cove that he was at one point looking at giving up the game due to being frequently injured.

The season Cove won league 1 was the most appearances Fyvie had made in one season in his career so far, we were a sorry state but he stuck out like a sore thumb most games against us that season.

I'd guess his previous injuries hampers him from rising back to full-time football nor would anyone want to take a chance on someone who has been constantly injured, last season missed half a season.

I am not too bothered about who is in or out for Cove, we should be beating them. Cove's purple patch was mainly winning by 1 goal and by all accounts a few of them tight affairs.

Another marker for this season please