Falkirk v Burrell

2 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

We need a strong referee to combat coves gamesmanship. Anything like the last one and we could drop points

I think this is an important point. The likeliest thing to hinder our unbeaten run is poor refereeing or an early/silly sending off. 

When was the last time we had a player sent off? (Touches wood as he types)

Certainly if we have any free kicks on the edge of the cove box the easy tactic is just to hit it at burrell if he's in the wall and the shitebag will simply move out the way. That was one of the things that really summed up his time with us.

4 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I think this is an important point. The likeliest thing to hinder our unbeaten run is poor refereeing or an early/silly sending off. 

When was the last time we had a player sent off? (Touches wood as he types)

Spencer at Firhill in the LC.

14 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

We need a strong referee to combat coves gamesmanship. Anything like the last one and we could drop points

I dunno, I think we're quite good at that ourselves. This is the most streetwise Falkirk side I've seen for years.

9 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Glad Fyvie is still out. It would have been a right gaff from us if he had managed to get himself fit again since the postponed game. He is so important to the way Cove play and I'm a lot more confident now he won't be available. Megginson loved a goal against us the last time Cove were down here so if he is missing as well that is another bonus. 

Given the run of results we have put together, a draw wouldn't be a disaster in this one but a win would start to put real pressure on Hamilton. Hopefully the greasy smelly fat tramp gets #wads of abuse tonight regardless

Poor stuff.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

I dunno, I think we're quite good at that ourselves. This is the most streetwise Falkirk side I've seen for years.

Thats a good point. This team can mix it with teams and is not filled with the sand dancers of past years

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Jordan Allan in the playoff at Airdrie or if that doesn't count as a LM then Coll Donaldson last January against Clyde. 

Thanks. Wow, that's what I suspected, sometime ago (a year) for a non play off league match. That's impressive, especially with some of the questionable refereeing in League 1 we've seen.

Shows the team are keeping their discipline which helps massively in winning individual matches and avoiding ongoing suspensions.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Less than 150 tickets left for the KM7 Stand so the cash turnstile will be at the main stand again 

Scratch that, sold out #boxoffice 8)

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

23 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

What do the Cove fans think of their lineup? As expected?

Dreadful.

Potentially a central midfield 3 of Darge, Kerr and Sena. Darge is so reckless, guaranteed yellow. Our two more established CM's (Scully and Yule) again displaced out wide as we have no natural wingers.

Very little creativity there for me and Burrell will be completely isolated for large spells.

Defence isn't much better. Really need a Lang type CB and a new LB. Jones will be destroyed all night by Morrison.

We can be organised and hold shape at times but this is a good time to play us.

Edited by CoveRangers1922