Falkirk v Burrell

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Keeper is wiped out by his own player (Doyle)

Yes it seems that they think you should get a foul when your own player clatters the keeper.

8 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Aberdeen is full of wealthy people who have made money out of the oil industry (unlike Clackmaninshire or wherever Falkirk is) but no one is pumping money into Cove, if they were we would have walked the league. Support really has nothing to do with it, some of our part time players earn more in their day jobs than most of the Falkirk players earn full time. 

No one is walking away that I am aware of.

Wake up, the club is now operating a full time budget with already having signed previously a number of high profile players who most definitely didn’t step down the leagues for less money than they were on to go play for the illustrious Cove Rangers! All of this with crowds of 500 folk, without external funding the club is not big enough to sustain current levels of spending. It’s quite clear in these situations as we’ve seen plenty times before when/if the people injecting cash pull the plug the expenditure becomes unsustainable and it can become pretty serious pretty quickly. Scottish football is littered with examples of this. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just watched over the highlights from last night. I’m wondering if the Cove players have inherited some of the learning disabilities of their manager? What on earth are they complaining to the referee for with the second goal? There’s absolutely no foul on any of them.

9 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Aberdeen is full of wealthy people who have made money out of the oil industry (unlike Clackmaninshire or wherever Falkirk is) but no one is pumping money into Cove, if they were we would have walked the league. Support really has nothing to do with it, some of our part time players earn more in their day jobs than most of the Falkirk players earn full time. 

No one is walking away that I am aware of.

Tears3-Glasvoorkant.png?v=1670593696&wid

Keep them coming

I bought a PPV from Falkirk TV for this match. Other than a brief spell towards the end of the first half, the game was exclusively played out on Falkirk's terms. They thrashed Cove Rangers here, make no mistake, and the 4-0 scoreline very much reflects their overall dominance. There were so many elements I liked about the Bairns last night but I thought Tom Lang was the best player on the pitch - he kept Rurman Burrell quiet and looked assured whenever he was on the ball. The transformative effect he seems to have on this team cannot be overstated. Further forward, Brad Spencer was terrific and Callumn Morrison looked bright, scoring twice. Falkirk remind me a lot of the current Stenhousemuir team - they play in the same system with similar personnel - and John McGlynn's strategy of making his plan A better is paying dividends - a strong goalkeeper, centre-back and striker can go a long way indeed.

Cove were miserable. Their strategy of contain and counter didn't work and you knew that after conceding the first, there was no way back into the game for them. Burrell grafted hard to little effect and Mikey Doyle was decent at right-back, but that was it. The first goal was a little unfortunate to have lost, as they'd done a reasonable job of smothering Falkirk, but after conceding the second, right after the interval, they fell to pieces; Gary Oliver's goal summed up how ragged they looked. Every time Paul Hartley stepped out of his technical area, he was heckled and barraged by the home support, to much amusement.

After five years of appalling players, managers and off-field decisions, this season looks like blossoming into something very special for Falkirk. Fair play.

13 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

IAfter five years of appalling players, managers and off-field decisions, this season looks like blossoming into something very special for Falkirk. Fair play.

I appreciate the end of that statement must stick in the craw a little, so thank you!

12 hours ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

Cobban (the owner of our sponsor, ACE) will be gone as soon as he can fit his fat carcass in the door of another local club who'll tolerate his behaviour where he gets to be billy big balls.  I'm sure a falling out is due with him, that's why after all he stopped his involvement with Aberdeen.

Moorhouse is on an ego trip, it's all about him and his mates from the oil and gas industry getting a jolly on a Saturday afternoon.  I give it a couple of more seasons trying to get back into the Championship and then avoiding relegation straight away again then he'll be off.

Heard Coban already had a fallen out at Pittodrie hence why he’s taking up two seats in your hospitality round. Not sure if it is true but he was trying to get in as main sponsor at Banks of Dee before they went with Saltire. 

It is a shame the way the board treat the ordinary fans now. Some great memories of watching games down at Allan Park. 

With Miller & Morrison being closely marked, it allowed MacIver acres of room to play in. I thought him MOM, even having to go off early. His passing & awareness were excellent & it was by far his best display yet.

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Keeper is wiped out by his own player (Doyle)

I noticed last night that while the rest of there team were shouting for a foul Doyle just got the ball and ran back to the half way line. Obvs knew he was at fault 🤣

4 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

I appreciate the end of that statement must stick in the craw a little, so thank you!

Far from it! I like "having a laugh" as much as the next man - and Falkirk's exploits over the past five years have often been hilarious - but there's very little to poke fun at this time around. John McGlynn has assembled an impressive, likeable side, and that's reflected on the park in recent results. This team appear to be in an unassailable position and a return to the Championship surely awaits.

At this level of football, we're often just spokes on a wheel. Most of the time, you're bobbing along inconsequentially, eking out a mid-table finish; sometimes you're on your knees, scratching around in the muck, wondering why you're following this godawful side; and just sometimes, it feels extraordinary. It won't last forever, so embrace it and enjoy it!

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Far from it! I like "having a laugh" as much as the next man - and Falkirk's exploits over the past five years have often been hilarious - but there's very little to poke fun at this time around. John McGlynn has assembled an impressive, likeable side, and that's reflected on the park in recent results. This team appear to be in an unassailable position and a return to the Championship surely awaits.

At this level of football, we're often just spokes on a wheel. Most of the time, you're bobbing along inconsequentially, eking out a mid-table finish; sometimes you're on your knees, scratching around in the muck, wondering why you're following this godawful side; and just sometimes, it feels extraordinary. It won't last forever, so embrace it and enjoy it!

This is so true and is just a part of life in following a club in the lower leagues of Scotland. It is very much a rollercoaster, you reach the highs like we are just now but you know the next kick in the baws is just round the corner.

We’ve had some great times in my life following the Bairns, 3 cup finals, 4 diddy cup wins, numerous semi finals, times in the top flight, some great managers and players but it doesn’t last so you need to cherish the good times.

You are riding the wave then some other mob comes along and nicks your manager or best players and then you go through times in the doldrums but these times make the good times so much sweeter when they do eventually arrive.

I’ve got respect for fans of every club in Scotland apart from two and it will be the same two as probably every other fan. I’ll rip the piss out other fans and they will do likewise in return but that’s all part of the fun. I’d hate to follow the ugly sisters and not have the feeling of your local club achieving something great.

These are good times for us Bairns and hopefully they last for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This is so true and is just a part of life in following a club in the lower leagues of Scotland. It is very much a rollercoaster, you reach the highs like we are just now but you know the next kick in the baws is just round the corner.

We’ve had some great times in my life following the Bairns, 3 cup finals, 4 diddy cup wins, numerous semi finals, times in the top flight, some great managers and players but it doesn’t last so you need to cherish the good times.

You are riding the wave then some other mob comes along and nicks your manager or best players and then you go through times in the doldrums but these times make the good times so much sweeter when they do eventually arrive.

I’ve got respect for fans of every club in Scotland apart from two and it will be the same two as probably every other fan. I’ll rip the piss out other fans and they will do likewise in return but that’s all part of the fun. I’d hate to follow the ugly sisters and not have the feeling of your local club achieving something great.

These are good times for us Bairns and hopefully they last for a long time.

Don't forget European football!

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Right back at you. Stenny are in a very strong position at the moment and look like you're going to win your first ever title. Like us, I think it depends on keeping your key players fit, so here's hoping we can both do it. It would be great for the area.

Jordan Allan can't be happy.but equally, when Shanley came in, Allan would have known as well.as the rest of us that it was to go straight in as first backup. As much as I understand if he is annoyed, there's no way he could be surprised that Shanley replaced and injured Maciver. 

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Right back at you. Stenny are in a very strong position at the moment and look like you're going to win your first ever title. Like us, I think it depends on keeping your key players fit, so here's hoping we can both do it. It would be great for the area.

Great to see Steny going so well, a team I always have a soft spot for and look out for they’re results although I’ve realised in recent years(to my surprise) many of they’re fans seem to feel quite the opposite way about us for some reason. 

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Great to see Steny going so well, a team I always have a soft spot for and look out for they’re results although I’ve realised in recent years(to my surprise) many of they’re fans seem to feel quite the opposite way about us for some reason. 

Maybe something to do with the demise of the Shire and because we're a bigger club? Don't know, but I don't have any malice against them at all. In fact, if we were to go bust, I might even go to watch them from time to time!

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yeah, unfortunately I didn’t make that, had already booked a family holiday in Spain and was gutted to miss both legs😩

I believe Douglas Bader felt exactly the same.

Edited by Bairn in Exile