Words Americans can't say properly

A septic once confused a Lothian bus driver by asking him if his bus went to Dalkett. 

Dalkeith isn't that hard surely. Unless they think, for example, the Stones band member is called Kett Richards. 

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why can't they pronounce these words? To hear them mangle the pronunciation elicits a range of emotions, none positive.

- Herbs

- Lager

- Twat

- Graham/Graeme

- Aluminium 

- Craig

- Oregano

I'm sure there are loads more. Note that I mean the same words, not the equivalent, like 'sidewalk' etc.

To be completely fair to the Americans, ‘aluminum’ was apparently the original spelling. 

23 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

To be completely fair to the Americans, ‘aluminum’ was apparently the original spelling. 

Yes, this has been explained to myself.  I think, when it was invented, there was 2 pronunciations on the go. Uk & USA went different ways.

I don't see the fuss for Yank language v Scots.  We have it in our country.

Yesterday Cibby, was mentioned for Kerb. That's just a few miles apart.   

Reminds me of a game at Glebe Park when they had an American reading out the half-time scores for some reason.

It was torturous and hilarious in equal measures. Towards the end of his efforts he drawled to the supporters

"Jeez folks, give a guy a break"