Your Club's Ambitions

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Really a misnomer as it is "Your ambitions for your club" since these aren't always aligned but I'll let that slide ... 😉

On the field, I would like to see Falkirk back competing at the top end of the Championship and beyond.

Off the field I'd like us to be innovative around match day experience/engagement and green issues as cynically I think they're revenue generators. The social media/comms "revolution" has come-and-gone. I'd now like to see clubs like Falkirk be in the vanguard of what a new Scottish match day experience could be for future generations.

Quite lofty goals!

Interesting point you raise about green issues. Were you thinking about anything in particular?

You're right about them being revenue generators. I believe forest green made a lot of progress in this area.

Off the top of my head they did more organic, vegan and vegetarian food. Would be good if we could generate some of our energy renewably too as starters. 

On 28/02/2024 at 20:15, Hauftimedraw said:

To add to this list...

A decent cup run (The Scottish preferably) every couple of years. 

A reserve team playing on a regular basis 

A return to proper blank and gold striped shirts 

I also remember the former chairman being quoted in the local paper that they would like to have "adult entertainment " in the clubhouse...🤔 

Lets forget the strippers - be revolutionary.

Sell Galabank for housing & move up to the scheme - Stadio Weyroc, part of the new super park.

5 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Lets forget the strippers - be revolutionary.

Sell Galabank for housing & move up to the scheme - Stadio Weyroc, part of the new super park.

Is it not, or was, a coffin making factory on the Weyroc site?  Not been past that part of Annan in a while. Stadio DFS Caskets maybe.

11 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Waste/ energy reduction, reusables and transport integration off the top of my head. 

Just to clarify, I think Falkirk are already taking steps to be "greener" albeit I'm not sure whether that has been driven by ambitions or just external factors e.g. LED lighting installed last summer may have just been an option that wasn't available previously and not as a energy reducing decision.

18 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I'd now like to see clubs like Falkirk be in the vanguard of what a new Scottish match day experience could be for future generations.

Match day experience!!!

Heaven help us.

Just have a couple of pints and go to the match.  What sort of pervert wants to experience anything other than watching a decent game, that your team might win?

On 28/02/2024 at 21:18, leomessi1984 said:

For us at Kelty I feel we're probably now where we want to be. Competitive in L1 and playing decent football.

After McKenzie left we're punching financially on a level playing field with some of those around us. No doubt we could go up & down or get a sniff at the playoffs at some point.

Defo this neeb , staying In this league with the odd flirtation of championship playoffs and decent cup runs are  us at our top limit I'd say equally liable to be a league 1/2 yo yo team which in itself brings joy and heartache , championship would be amazing to get into but would probably be a nightmare getting pumped most games kinda season , youth teams are doing really well so seeing us hold our own in league 1 with a steady flow of homegrown talent coming through will do just nicely 

35 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Match day experience!!!

Heaven help us.

Just have a couple of pints and go to the match.  What sort of pervert wants to experience anything other than watching a decent game, that your team might win?

Yes, I'd like to see the current "matchday experience" put into full reverse mode and see the re-introduction of cash turnstiles (I don't have a smartphone), freedom to move from the stand to the terracing or vice versa if you so desire, programmes priced on a 10p per page basis, no goal celebration music, no family sections, and no plastic pitches.

From my earliest visits to Palmerston in the late seventies the only thing I can think of that I don't miss is the "toilet facility" at the back of the Terregles Street terracing (ie go behind a wall and piss on said wall or your shoes).  Although the current facilities are still pretty primitive it has to be said.

On the subject of the late 70s, is my mind playing tricks on me here or have I imagined that the big gates got opened at half time and people could just walk in and watch the second half for free?  

4 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

On the subject of the late 70s, is my mind playing tricks on me here or have I imagined that the big gates got opened at half time and people could just walk in and watch the second half for free?  

That's absolutely the case and it endured well into the 80s.

While I get the cynicism to the  "matchday experience" buzzword bingo, I think its a good point. If clubs want to grow their fanbase a lot of them need to look at this and improve.

Being welcomed like a paying customer and not treated like faeces on a stick would be a good start for a lot of them- my own included.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

18 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

While I get the cynicism to the  "matchday experience" buzzword bingo, I think its a good point. If clubs want to grow their fanbase a lot of them need to look at this and improve.

Being welcomed like a paying customer and not treated like faeces on a stick would be a good start for a lot of them- my own included.

Yes, I'd agree with that.

I'm pretty content with the entire 'experience' simply involving watching a football match in decent surroundings though.

My ambitions for Falkirk are probably no different to the likes of the Pars, Partick, Raith, Ayr fans who I see as similar sized clubs. If the likes of St Johnstone, Motherwell, Kilmarnock can establish themselves as top flight teams then that has to be our long term goal as the potential support is there.

In the short term we need to consolidate in the Championship, continue to grow the FSS and then try and push for promotion whether it’s through the play offs or winning the league. 

I would love to see us finishing the stadium and like the look of what Ayr are building, hospitality suites with some seating and terracing.

Its just comforting as a Falkirk fan to have a bit of optimism for once in what has been a horrible 4/5 seasons.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

I've been curious about what people mean by "matchday experience" for a while.

I remember us having cheerleaders a while back, which...yeah, no. It was nice when we had the kids on to play a wee match at half-time, though - must have been fun for them.

26 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

My ambitions for Falkirk are probably no different to the likes of the Pars, Partick, Raith, Ayr fans who I see as similar sized clubs. If the likes of St Johnstone, Motherwell, Kilmarnock can establish themselves as top flight teams then that has to be our long term goal as the potential support is there.

In the short term we need to consolidate in the Championship, continue to grow the FSS and then try and push for promotion whether it’s through the play offs or winning the league. 

I would love to see us finishing the stadium and like the look of what Ayr are building, hospitality suites with some seating and terracing.

I always see Ayr and Raith as similar in size to us.  Falkirk are significantly bigger than that. 

I love what Ayr are doing with that side of the ground.  There's no reason why redevelopment must only involve seating.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I always see Ayr and Raith as similar in size to us.  Falkirk are significantly bigger than that. 

I love what Ayr are doing with that side of the ground.  There's no reason why redevelopment must only involve seating.

Totally agree, what Ayr are doing looks fantastic and would look great on our east side. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Totally agree, what Ayr are doing looks fantastic and would look great on our east side. 

I think the 3 stands we have are far superior to what Ayr are putting in. Really don't get the excitement for the Ayr thing and don't think it would blend well with our existing set up. I seem to be in the minority though!

As said before The Alloa match experience is still cemented in the 1950's  except you are not allowed to bring a half bottle into the ground

making it a worse experience than then   🤔   oh and segregation , the club seems to have went backwards since the development manager days

My ambition for the club is to emerge into this century if possible.