Raith Rovers v falkirk

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Re the line up, Maciver is the big miss. Luke Graham is hopefully at least as good as what we have. Certianly carries that reputation. 

Ross, Alfie and Finn is absolutely fine. Most of us feel Finn deserves it on merit, and Nesbitt or Oliver can reinforce if needed. McKenna up top is the wildcard but he is definitely a hard worker and he holds onto the ball well. I'm surprised its not Oliver but there we go. 

I dont think we look in any way frail for our injuries or necessarily more likely to lose the game. I would agree that we might look less likely to win it however 

We have £20 million of subs to bring on in Nesbitt, Miller and Oliver so we should be fine.

Sorry that was Cellic last week!

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

The thing is though Donaldson and Hendo have been playing together at the back for a good while now there's an understanding there which you can't replicate straight away no matter how decent the boy coming in is. Colls physicality in the air will be missed. 

Yeah its not maybe the way you want to bleed the guy in but I still think its reasonable to expect that a very good defender coming in doesn't harm us too much. Bear in mind that McGlynn had the somewhat tried and trusted option of Leon to LB and Mackie inside but opted for Graham

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah its not maybe the way you want to bleed the guy in but I still think its reasonable to expect that a very good defender coming in doesn't harm us too much. Bear in mind that McGlynn had the somewhat tried and trusted option of Leon to LB and Mackie inside but opted for Graham

Or indeed Nesbitt back in, Yeats at RB and Adams at CB.  Nesbitt def not fully fit, as I think that would be his first choice.

Just now, Disco Duck said:

Or indeed Nesbitt back in, Yeats at RB and Adams at CB.  Nesbitt def not fully fit, as I think that would be his first choice.

Oliver back in would have also served that. I think we'll maybe need Aidan today, will be good to see him back 

With so many changes looking a bit disjointed. No real natural finisher up front, not really McKenna's position and it shows. 

On a plus side the lad Watson looks really good and might need to be with colls injury worries. Adams been great again.

Already think we need subs on to change this. 

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

With so many changes looking a bit disjointed. No real natural finisher up front, not really McKenna's position and it shows. 

On a plus side the lad Watson looks really good and might need to be with colls injury worries. Adams been great again.

Already think we need subs on to change this. 

Yeats isnt particularly effective today in his role. Need Nesbitt to bridge the gap to McKenna and create danger in the more advanced midfield areas. We will need to squeeze the game a bit higher second hald and get Tait influencing things higher up too.