Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, throbber said:
The best cure of a hangover is prevention, a man your age should know their limits. 

You've changed, I prefer the old throbber.

I know how to dish out the advice whilst still drinking 8 beers and a half bottle of red on a Sunday.

On the subject of supporting your local team, my dad isn't into football, and neither was my grandad, the males on my mums side are/were into football, but never really supported any teams as such, apart from one uncle who like me, is a raith supporter. So I had the pleasure of not having the risk of not being dragged to ibrox or parkhead every week, thank f**k. Don't get too much games due to being in East Lothian now and working till lunchtime on Saturdays, but I'll go and watch musselburgh athletic now and again, rather than hibs or hearts.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

On the subject of supporting your local team, my dad isn't into football, and neither was my grandad, the males on my mums side are/were into football, but never really supported any teams as such, apart from one uncle who like me, is a raith supporter. So I had the pleasure of not having the risk of not being dragged to ibrox or parkhead every week, thank f**k. Don't get too much games due to being in East Lothian now and working till lunchtime on Saturdays, but I'll go and watch musselburgh athletic now and again, rather than hibs or hearts.

Musselburgh eh? Glory hunting b*****d- away and support Ormiston! 

On 14/02/2020 at 10:10, pozbaird said:

It’s happened again. Yesterday. I’m waiting in a large queue at a Costa. I just want an Americano and a chocolate tiffin. Got a headache, and a bit of a squiffy stomach...need a sit down and a chocolatey thing to settle me down. In front of me, two women. Yakking away about fcuk-knows what. Strictly being flooded out of the Hydro last month or somesuch. Anyway, they’ve had over five minutes before reaching the lassie taking orders. The lassie then asks them what they want. Then it begins.... ‘Oh, I don’t know Sadie, do you fancy sharing a chocolate twist? No? Fancy the blueberry muffin? Nah? Your usual latte is it?’ Just. Fcuk. Off.

WTF is it with these women? It’s always women. Blokes in the queue are already lasered-in on their order, utilising the time spent in the queue to decide on the merits of a mocha over a flat white.

I’m a bawhair away from doing a Michael Douglas on these cnuts.

If anyone who identifies as a "bloke" is spending time in a queue deciding between the drinks you suggest then they need to take a look at themselves.

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The expression "she's XX years young!" Some dickhead has just come out with it on TV but he's American so there is some slight excuse.

Surely only an Italian should get away with speaking in Roman numerals?

There are a lot of good and valid reasons folk may have for supporting a team that's not their local one.

However, if that team is Rangers or Celtic, that person or their dad before them is highly likely to have chosen them based on success, rather than some other obscure connection or reason. How can I arrive at that conclusion? Quite simple, they are disproportionately successful and they are disproportionately supported. Its not up for debate. Its fact. Same goes for Man U fans down south.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Presumably all the Man U glory hunters switched to City anyway.

I think they transitioned via Chelsea, did they not? Either way, I anticipate seeing a lot more Liverpool shirts stretched over fat gammon guts in the next few years.

A PTTGOYN for me but it seems that it might be an unpopular opinion, I am here to find out the definitive answer. Weddings that serve breakfast food on their evening buffet. At the weekend there we were served up rolls and bacon, rolls and links and rolls and vegan sausage. All lukewarm. I just can't ever imagine wanting to eat that at 9pm after a good few hours of bevy. I seemed to be in a minority though as everyone rammed these half arsed rolls down their gullet.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

If it's the evening do it's fine in my view. You're expected to have fed yourself dinner before going, that's just wide appeal food for drunk folk to wolf down.

Oh aye, I wasn't expecting a meal and we'd had dinner, I just wasn't expecting breakfast rolls. 

Obviously you weren't drinking enough. A roll and square sausage at 10pm is prime time.

My mate got married at WEST at Glasgow Green and they did pretzel rolls and sausage/bacon. 10/10.

Edited by Smurph

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A PTTGOYN for me but it seems that it might be an unpopular opinion, I am here to find out the definitive answer. Weddings that serve breakfast food on their evening buffet. At the weekend there we were served up rolls and bacon, rolls and links and rolls and vegan sausage. All lukewarm. I just can't ever imagine wanting to eat that at 9pm after a good few hours of bevy. I seemed to be in a minority though as everyone rammed these half arsed rolls down their gullet.

Were you on your fvkkin period or something ?  A complimentary bacon roll or sausage in a roll (as opposed to sausage rolls) is a treat at any time in any circumstances. Even if they’re stone cold.  Show some gratitude. 

And speaking personally , my fussiness when it comes to food ( and which is virtually nil anyway) decreases in direct proportion to the level of alcohol consumption.

Just now, A96 said:

Were you on your fvkkin period or something ?  A complimentary bacon roll or sausage in a roll (as opposed to sausage rolls) is a treat at any time in any circumstances. Even if they’re stone cold.  Show some gratitude. 

And speaking personally , my fussiness when it comes to food ( and which is virtually nil anyway) decreases in direct proportion to the level of alcohol consumption.

Calm doon, it's not like I threw the rolls onto the dancefloor in a rage and wished a lifetime of hell for the happy couple. Clearly this is an unpopular opinion though, so question answered.