Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

57 minutes ago, keithgy said:

My son worked at Next a few years back and he had to be in at work at 5am on boxing day.

My wife worked in retail fashion for years, late finish on Christmas Eve and an early start on Boxing Day was typical.  Absolutely shit when the kids were young.  There was no need for it then and no need for it now.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My wife worked in retail fashion for years, late finish on Christmas Eve and an early start on Boxing Day was typical.  Absolutely shit when the kids were young.  There was no need for it then and no need for it now.

The type of people who go to boxing day sales are the same thick as pig shit people who are too stupid to realise that boxing day sales haven't been a thing for at least 15 years now. It's the same as black friday etc - yes it was good the first 2 years now its just a ploy to sell utter tat.

Edited by red23

100%, Boxing Day sales and such are just ways for shops to offload the shite they haven't been able to sell the rest of the time to gullible arseholes who are willing to get our their bed and piss their money away, while the sane population enjoy their festive relaxation. 

Unless you are a size x small or xxxxxl, there will be f**k all to fit you anyway. 

1 hour ago, red23 said:

The type of people who go to boxing day sales are the same thick as pig shit people who are too stupid to realise that boxing day sales haven't been a thing for at least 15 years now. It's the same as black friday etc - yes it was good the first 2 years now its just a ploy to sell utter tat.

4 hours ago, red23 said:

My brothers gf staying sober on xmas day so she can "hit the boxing day sales ultra early"

She stays sober the entire day while nudging my brother to go home from about 8pm onwards "we should really be going now" which year after year is always the start of the party coming to a close.  She sits in the corner with a misreable puss, not taking part in anything and generally not adding anything to do the day other than eating more than her fair share of xmas dinner without saying thank you to whoever cooked it.

She then gets up at 5.30am to go to the sales. Like the complete sad sack that she is.

That special portion of undercooked turkey served up to her should kybosh the miserable boot's Boxing Day plans. She'll be up at 5.30 am all right, just it won't be to go to the sales..

4 hours ago, red23 said:

My brothers gf staying sober on xmas day so she can "hit the boxing day sales ultra early"

She stays sober the entire day while nudging my brother to go home from about 8pm onwards "we should really be going now" which year after year is always the start of the party coming to a close.  She sits in the corner with a misreable puss, not taking part in anything and generally not adding anything to do the day other than eating more than her fair share of xmas dinner without saying thank you to whoever cooked it.

She then gets up at 5.30am to go to the sales. Like the complete sad sack that she is.

Tell her about the internet and tell him to tell her to GTF.

That is the absolute height of shithousery, and you really should be asking why on earth he is putting up with that on the potential one day a year where all the family are together, this year especially.

Tell her to get to f**k on her own at 8pm and drive herself home, your brer can sleep on the couch once you’ve all rattled the Christmas bevvy.

Selfish cow.

They sometimes do ridiculously cheap deals on last year's stock they want rid of as a loss leader, like tellys etc that you wouldn't get as cheap online. I went really early one year to pick up a couple of things I was after for a fraction of the normal price, think it Jan 2 rather than Boxing Day though.

Surely things get better when she goes, though?

I fucking hate people that go through life with a dour attitude. We always have bad days but you've got to make some effort with people sometimes, especially at Christmas.

I generally enjoy when these folk piss off, when other folk can point out their misery and then get on with the evening.

On 24/06/2020 at 11:18, BFTD said:

Similar to the Zodiac Killer, in that he enjoyed corresponding with and mocking the authorities. Another well-respected family man. Caught after sending a letter on a floppy disk to a news channel, without realising the letter contained his name and the address of the church that he was an official of. Minter.

•  

Well, the Zodiac Killers code has finally been cracked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55285805

Folk that go to these sales are the same morons who come out with "I paid £50 for this (piece of shite). But it was down from £250". The amount of idiots who pay over the odds for absolute rubbish just because it used to be marked at a higher price is absolutely unreal.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Folk that go to these sales are the same morons who come out with "I paid £50 for this (piece of shite). But it was down from £250". The amount of idiots who pay over the odds for absolute rubbish just because it used to be marked at a higher price is absolutely unreal.

^^^ season ticket holder.

Tell her about the internet and tell him to tell her to GTF.
Concise and to the point, Zen.
However, I suspect this woman is a Retail Truffle Pig, she foregoes t'internet in order to be able to root around in the marked down tat cages and get into a fight with someone over the last pair of 100% man-made-fibre jeggings.
Feel sorry for the half-baked erse that married this harridan..........
.... actually, no, I don't, f*ck him.