Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Forget the detail, not that you'll be able to work it out anywho, but I've attached an example of what passes for standard social media posting in this country.

I actually think it might be a positive message of some sort but it fucking bothers me that someone who went through the same education system as me ends up posting a mixed up jumble of words and letters without any sort of apology for the mental gymnastics required to work out what the f'ck it is they're actually trying to say

Mind you - the replies are full of folk who know exactly what he's saying so maybe I'm the fucking dafty

Screenshot_20210710-122130_Facebook.jpg

I have brain cancer now.

7 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

People showing up to things really early. Having a barbecue at the house and first people show up 45 mins before the agreed time. 

That's what you get for inviting my dad to your BBQ.

PS 45 mins early is actually late for him. If he's visiting, I usually tell him an arrival time that an hour later than we want him to arrive, that way he's usually pretty much on time.

Edited by Boghead ranter

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

I do like Pure DAB radios and they have abandoned a few years ago what my gripe is.

It was the thing about 10 years ago to cover gadgets in a rubber coating and who ever thought that up should be fired at the moon as after only a couple of years it starts to degrade and become a sticky mess that picks up dust.

I have a Pure DAB One Flow which I'm going to attempt to clean all this gunk off using white spirits..

Anyone have other ideas how to clean this off?

I think this rubber coating was also used on the interiors of some cars and items like computer keyboards and mice.

Pretty sure I have old PS3 controllers somewhere that have a similar problem with the joysticks. Kitchen towel usually takes that off, although with them it's easier to grip and rub them to get everything off. Either way I would try that before white spirit.

1 hour ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

The Forum generally goes down for a little while between 0415 & 0445hrs (503 error or such like)  just in my last hour of shift 4 hours of dedicated reading and then nada! 

furiously refreshing page until order is restored 

Div wakes up each morning at 0415 from a recurring vivid nightmare about Morton pumping St Mirren. 

11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

a similar problem with the joysticks. Kitchen towel usually takes that off, although with them it's easier to grip and rub them to get everything off. Either way I would try that before white spirit.

Kenneth-Williams3.jpg

24 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'm expecting a delivery, unfortunately it's from Hermes.

The tracker they offer has 5 steps.

We're expecting it.

We've got it.

It's on it's way.

Out for delivery.

Delivered.

What's the fucking difference between 3 and 4?

3 is on the way from their sorting centre to the local depot and 4 is out from the depot to your house. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ordering a takeaway and the juice is off the shelf rather than out the fridge. 

It’s not a service I use any more, being a holier-than-thou auld tosser, but a pizza place in Dunfermline would go to the shop to pick up cold drinks and ciggies whilst en-route. 

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

That bit of tape that closes a loaf of bread, when the ends are perfectly aligned. 

You just pull it apart from the looped end, m9.

Need one of us to drop by, or can you wait for your toast soldiers 'til the morning?

It’s not a service I use any more, being a holier-than-thou auld tosser, but a pizza place in Dunfermline would go to the shop to pick up cold drinks and ciggies whilst en-route. 
I've been at parties where people have phoned taxi companies asking if they would go and buy cigs and juice, no pizza and no passengers, just effectively a personal shopper, surprisingly, it was usually agreed to.