Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I know why they want to get rid of plastic beer can rings, but the alternative version on various packs (dishonourable mention to Carlsberg Export) are absolutely awful seeing as they struggle to hold two cans together, never mind four.

On 09/12/2021 at 11:41, scottsdad said:

Swamped in marking at the moment. One assessment I did was ask students to undertake a critical analysis of a published academic journal article. I'm part way through the marking when one student said that the article had copied its text and results from an earlier article. 

No way, I thought. 

So I downloaded both, looked at them side by side...and bloody hell. Had that paper been coursework it would be straight to the discipline committee. I have never, ever seen anything like this before. Big chunks of text identical, or as near as. 

The student got a bunch of extra marks for finding that out!

I've recently reanalysed a set of samples which somebody based a paper on (using PhD thesis material), and the author's claim that they were very similar to back up a point is clearly utter garbage.

He/she either f***ed up the Excel file, accidentally reanalysed multiple samples, or (more likely imo) completely fabricated most of the results to fit a handful of them. Not quite sure what to do. :unsure2:

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I know why they want to get rid of plastic beer can rings, but the alternative version on various packs (dishonourable mention to Carlsberg Export) are absolutely awful seeing as they struggle to hold two cans together, never mind four.

Serves you right for buying Carlsberg tbh.

8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

When you're out with friends and you ask for a soft drink because you're driving, why is there always someone who says, "You can have one drink if you're eating"? 

I'm driving, numbnut.

The limit is about how much alcohol is allowed in your body when driving. This shows in your breath, blood and urine. The same drink can create different levels of alcohol for different people. 

This depends on: 

• your weight, age, sex and metabolism (the rate your body uses energy)
  • the type of alcohol you drink
  • what you've eaten
  • medication 
  • your stress levels

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

The limit is about how much alcohol is allowed in your body when driving. This shows in your breath, blood and urine. The same drink can create different levels of alcohol for different people. 

This depends on: 

• your weight, age, sex and metabolism (the rate your body uses energy)
  • the type of alcohol you drink
  • what you've eaten
  • medication 
  • your stress levels

The point is I have said I’m not drinking because I’m driving. It’s not that important to me to have one drink that I’d balance what I’m eating to justify it. 

Pedestrian crossings where you press the button to cross and nothing happens for about a minute, by which time a safe gap in the traffic allows you to cross, before the lights turn red as you are walking away from the crossing and stopping the traffic for no reason.

"Can I get a Muz Brekky roll, please?." 

Sorry, we can't make hash browns, until after 10. We can put a potato scone on it is place? 

"Um, nah. Just a hot steak and black pudding pie please". 

They're not hot. They don't heat up until about half 9.

"So why the f**k do you open at 7am?"

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

"Can I get a Muz Brekky roll, please?." 

Sorry, we can't make hash browns, until after 10. We can put a potato scone on it is place? 

"Um, nah. Just a hot steak and black pudding pie please". 

They're not hot. They don't heat up until about half 9.

"So why the f**k do you open at 7am?"

Hash brown in a roll is a poor choice. You deserve to go hungry. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

What is this?

Treble Bacon, egg, hash brown. "Muz" was apparently who ordered this every day for his breakfast 

47 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Hash brown in a roll is a poor choice. You deserve to go hungry. 

Square go, cunto. 

So just returned from travels, something about airports turns people to morons.

• Standing as close to the baggage reclaim as possible, completely blocking vision and access for everyone else. 
  • People holding up the queue at security by collecting their stuff/putting things back on on the belt rather than taking their box elsewhere and doing so.
  • People who still race to be first on to the plane, the best thing airlines ever did was board the plane by zone, but then still try get on anyway.
  • Got on plane, someone in my seat, argues this is his seat, turns out it wasn't and he just sat wherever he fancied.
  • Was in the business lounge on my return journey, was a queue for a table in the restaurant area, where you can have a full meal. Some woman in a massive panic comes running up full tilt to the attendant saying she has a flight to catch in 30 minutes so must skip the queue (of about 10 people) Rather than accept she won't have time and should really be heading to gate, kicks off a massive fuss screaming at the attendant to let her in. Now if she's on business class she will also get food on the plane so it's really not necessary. 
  • People playing music/games/watching a film using the speaker on the phone during the flight. Some boy watching the Celtic highlights full blast in the seat in front of me, how can someone be such a c**t?
  • AND probably the worst one for me, people who pull themselves up off their seat on the plane using the back of your seat rather than push themselves up off their own seat.

There are many more but won't go on 🤣

Edited by red23